ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

Yeah, I'm sure MSU basketball doesn't have top of the line athletics training. :confused:

However, you see it in football and basketball all the time during the off season. How many kids train not with their schools during the off season when practice isnt going on? A lot of them.

No Michigan players do, we do have the best basketball s&c guy in the country though

No Michigan players do, we do have the best basketball s&c guy in the country though

Yeah Im sure its different everywhere.

I remember London, our RB who's from S Florida would go back home to train during the summer and work with a private RB coach down there. I know Connor Cook went to a QB camp in CA during the off season. Now I guess that's different because its working on skills when the coaches cant be coaching you...

But yeah, MSU is fine in the S&C Dept

It's silly season for 98.86% of the teams.

@nitewing

Post your thoughts in here, on the basketball board.
yeah should have started it here in the 1st place, to many outsiders derailed the other one.

here is what Iowa returns
10 players that played
95% of their stats points, rebounding, blocked shots. steals and assists.
all 5 starters.
key additions 4* PGConnor coming of a medical RS. #42 4* G Wieskamp Mr. BB and 2 time Gatorade POY
G Fredrick Kentucky Gatorade POY a transplant from Cincinnati Ohio named MVP of the Kentucky State championship after he led his team to the Championship where there are no classes.

losses so Far G Ellingson, F Wagner and F Uhl, none were major players.
Cook has to get the info out of the NBA Draft people and then make his decision on that.
personally he is not ready and feel he will return.

if he does not I expect Nunge to take his place these were his stats.
15.7 mpg, 5.7 ppg, 91 total rebounds, 21 steals and 25 blocks 2nd to Garza. 32 TO's, shooting %
44.3% from the Field, 33.3% from 3 and 75.5% from the FTL

what Iowa loses in Cook stats
28.0 mpg, 15.3 ppg, 224 total rebounds, 82 TO's, 21 steals and 20 blocks shooting %
56.6% from the field 14.3% from 3 and 66.1% from the FTL.
Cook 6'9
Nunge 7'0
now its a matter of what happens with Cook.

yeah should have started it here in the 1st place, to many outsiders derailed the other one.

10 players that played
all 5 starters.
key additions 4* PGConnor coming of a medical RS. #42 4* G Wieskamp Mr. BB and 2 time Gatorade POY
G Fredrick Kentucky Gatorade POY a transplant from Cincinnati Ohio named MVP of the Kentucky State championship after he led his team to the Championship where there are no classes.

Cook has to get the info out of the NBA Draft people and then make his decision on that.

15.7 mpg, 5.7 ppg, 91 total rebounds, 21 steals and 25 blocks 2nd to Garza 32 TO's, shooting %

28.0 mpg, 15.3 ppg, 224 total rebounds, 82 TO's, 21 steals and 20 blocks shooting %
Cook 6'9
Nunge 7'0

Lol what was your plan starting it on the main board? Saw that coming a mile away.

Reactions: KisteK
If Cook leaves, and depending on Moss 's play, Iowa could have an all white starting lineup next year!
Moss will start, there is no question about that
FR stats 17.1 mpg, 6.5 ppg, 55 rebounds, 29 assists, 19 steals, 13 blocks, 36 TO's, 41.2% from the field, 74.2% from the FTL, 35.8% from 3 playing the 3

SO stats 24.2 mpg, 11.1 ppg, 74 rebounds, 62 assists, 42 TO's, 22 steals, 7 blocks, 42.0% from the field, 87.9% from the FTL, 38.9% from 3 playing the 2
he improved in every category but Blockec shots.

there is no reason for him not to start.

I think we end up with between 23-25 wins and 4ish in the conference. Boudreaux filled a huge hole at the 4.
Let's not get crazy here. He's a good pickup, but I'm not sure he's worth that much...

aww man, that sucks. I remember him. I was a huge fan of that 87 team. Still remember where I was for all the big games.

Favorite quote from that year...when they asked Bob KNight if he was worried when there were down big late to LSU and he said, "I looked down at the other end of the court and saw Dale Brown coaching and knew we had a chance."

Funny because it's true.

RIP Daryl, I'll always remember you as a grinder power forward on my all time favorite team.
Yeah I recall that comment; Dale didn't find it to funny.

Knight has said that the smartest play he ever saw a kid make was the pass/screen by DT in the final, that led to Smart's shot. Loved THomas. He was the epitome of team player. Played out of position(center) until Garrett arrived. At his natural position(PF), he was a god damn beast.

Sad, sad news....

Reactions: WeAreDePaul

10 players that played
all 5 starters.

15.7 mpg, 5.7 ppg, 91 total rebounds, 21 steals and 25 blocks 2nd to Garza. 32 TO's, shooting %

Cook 6'9
Nunge 7'0

So what’s your prediction for wins and conference finish if no one else transfers

So what’s your prediction for wins and conference finish if no one else transfers

Iowa will go undefeated at home and be a 3 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Edit: @nitewing thinks Iowa will finish in the top 5 in the conference next year and be a tournament team.

200w.gif

Last edited:
Let's not get crazy here. He's a good pickup, but I'm not sure he's worth that much...

Well, when we have someone (assuming he is back) who in all likelihood will be a pre-season first team all american at guard, I like our chances to be better then people think. Before Boudreaux I would have put us in the 18-22 win range. He fills the biggest void on our roster, however, so I will give us another few wins.

Well, when we have someone (assuming he is back) who in all likelihood will be a pre-season first team all american at guard, I like our chances to be better then people think. Before Boudreaux I would have put us in the 18-22 win range. He fills the biggest void on our roster, however, so I will give us another few wins.
Sure. I agree he fills a void, but I still am not sure who is going to step up. But I guess I largely agree, he adds at least a win or two. But every team is going to be solely stopping Carsen. Who will be able to step up and carry the load when Carsen can't? I would put myself in the 19-22 range for Purdue at this point even with the new addition.

ask me in October after the all the schedules are posted. plus every teams rosters are set.

Sure. I agree he fills a void, but I still am not sure who is going to step up. But I guess I largely agree, he adds at least a win or two. But every team is going to be solely stopping Carsen. Who will be able to step up and carry the load when Carsen can't? I would put myself in the 19-22 range for Purdue at this point even with the new addition.
So much of it hinges on Haarms ability to develop his post game and pick and pop. The good news is Purdue's coaches have a really good track record of developing big men (Landry, JaJuan Johnson, Hammons, Swanigan, Haas). But he's a little different than all of the above (and obviously all needed varying degrees of development).

I saw yesterday that last year, Boudreaux led the nation in points per game off of pick and pops so you might see a lot of two man game with he and Carsen much the way Painter did with E'Twaun Moore and JJ.

I can't even project wins until the rosters are set (I still think Purdue adds one more) and the Big Ten single plays come out. But I think Boudreaux likely moves Purdue from the right side of the bubble to a little more safely in the field.

Reactions: SNU0821
the pulling out of the NBA Draft is June 11th. so that part of the question will be answered, then when school starts the other part about who is/has been added. transfer and/or new recruits have been added.
there are still to many unknowns to predict where teams will end up, my prediction was based on Williams being here and everybody being healthy. plus I NEVER SAID that Iowa would go undefeated @ home. all I posted was what Iowa HAD TO DO to COMPETE for the BT Championship.

that applies to any team in the BT not just Iowa.

protecting your home court is key in the BT. IF you can't win at home your chance of winning on the road go down drastically.

SIAP Corey Sanders of Rutgers declared. Not good for them, they could have been not the worst next year. I mean, it would be tough to be worse than Illinois next season, by without Corey Sanders, this will be a serious battle for last.

the pulling out of the NBA Draft is June 11th. so that part of the question will be answered, then when school starts the other part about who is/has been added. transfer and/or new recruits have been added.
there are still to many unknowns to predict where teams will end up, my prediction was based on Williams being here and everybody being healthy. plus I NEVER SAID that Iowa would go undefeated @ home. all I posted was what Iowa HAD TO DO to COMPETE for the BT Championship.

that applies to any team in the BT not just Iowa.

protecting your home court is key in the BT. IF you can't win at home your chance of winning on the road go down drastically.

You absolutely said it. You said they’d go undefeated at home during conference play. Another poster here found that old post and proved it when you kept denying it. You absolutely said it. Own it.

You absolutely said it. You said they’d go undefeated at home during conference play. Another poster here found that old post and proved it when you kept denying it. You absolutely said it. Own it.
ahhh poor poor baby

SIAP Corey Sanders of Rutgers declared. Not good for them, they could have been not the worst next year. I mean, it would be tough to be worse than Illinois next season, by without Corey Sanders, this will be a serious battle for last.
they do have 4* Doucoure returning from the 17 class and they add 4* 6'4 G Mathis signed for the 18 class. plus they add 6'9 240 lb Shaq Carter who had these for offers
Auburn
ISU
Purdue
TT
Washington State
Wichita State
Xavier
looks like they are improving the talent on that team.

I also posted that before PG 6'6 Williams quit right before the seasons 1st game and before Baer broke his finger on his shooting hand, before the other injuries mounted up.

if these would have been known before I posted that there is no way in hell that I would posted any of that.

I also posted that before PG 6'6 Williams quit right before the seasons 1st game and before Baer broke his finger on his shooting hand, before the other injuries mounted up.

if these would have been known before I posted that there is no way in hell that I would posted any of that.

Nice try, you said it in October

11-2 OOC
12-6 BT 4th place 23-8 overall 7 seed maybe 6th seed

Iowa will lose a couple head scratchers but they will go undefeated at home for a 16-0 home record, 9 BT games and 7 OOC games.

that's my prediction and I am sticking with it.

Edit: I guess Baer got hurt in November, still your a moron for thinking even a healthy Iowa was going undefeated at home.

Last edited:
Nice try, you said it in October

Edit: I guess Baer got hurt in November, still your a moron for thinking even a healthy Iowa was going undefeated at home.

I love when he makes claims and is so certain he’s right and we pull up his response in no time. It’s awesome.

No you posted it after Williams left. Like bmore said, even if both of them were healthy, there’s no way you’d go undefeated at home. It was a terrible prediction.

No you posted it after Williams left. Like bmore said, even if both of them were healthy, there’s no way you’d go undefeated at home. It was a terrible prediction.
no as Williams quit with less than 1 week before the season began. check the time line again. but that still does figure into all the injuries before the season began
Baer broke his finger missing 6 games
Connor suffered a sprained ankle then being hospitalized for Mono then tonsil having putting him into the hospital twice,
Kriener suffering 2 concussion making him miss 6 games.
this does not count all the concussion related head injuries from cheap shots and cowardly shots to the back of Iowa players head when they weren't looking.

Reactions: ThreeTwaunMoore
forget the star rankings as the starting lineup W/O Cook
PG JR 6'0 Bohannon backup RSFR 6'5 McCaffery
SG RSSO 6'5 Moss backup JR 6'7 Dailey
SF FR 6'6/7 Wieskamp depending on which site, backup 6'7 RSSR Baer
PF 7'0 SO Nunge backup 6'8 JR Pemsl
C 6'11 SO Garza backup 6'9/10 again depending where you look JR Kriener.
off the bench
G FR 6'4 Fredrick.

they have length and players at all 5 position something Fran didn't have in the 17-18 season

if Cook comes back the line up just gets stronger.

Now wait. You said you didn't remember posting that Iowa would go undefeated at home--------due to a stroke. But you remember this?

Hmmmm......Okay.

no as Williams quit with less than 1 week before the season began. check the time line again. but that still does figure into all the injuries before the season began
Baer broke his finger missing 6 games
Connor suffered a sprained ankle then being hospitalized for Mono then tonsil having putting him into the hospital twice,
Kriener suffering 2 concussion making him miss 6 games.
this does not count all the concussion related head injuries from cheap shots and cowardly shots to the back of Iowa players head when they weren't looking.

A fully healthy team with Williams still doesn’t come close to going undefeated at home during conference. Not by a long shot.

forget the star rankings as the starting lineup W/O Cook
PG JR 6'0 Bohannon backup RSFR 6'5 McCaffery
SG RSSO 6'5 Moss backup JR 6'7 Dailey
SF FR 6'6/7 Wieskamp depending on which site, backup 6'7 RSSR Baer
PF 7'0 SO Nunge backup 6'8 JR Pemsl
C 6'11 SO Garza backup 6'9/10 again depending where you look JR Kriener.
off the bench
G FR 6'4 Fredrick.

they have length and players at all 5 position something Fran didn't have in the 17-18 season

if Cook comes back the line up just gets stronger.

4 of those 5 starters started or played a lot this year and were atrocious on defense. That isn’t going to magically change next year.

I wouldn't dare say this on our team's board but I doubt we get Langford. In my opinion, I think he's waiting to see if there's a spot available for him at Kansas. I think there won't be and he ends up choosing Vanderbilt. Could be another season to forget next year.

ADVERTISEMENT