ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G Off-season Thread

A fully healthy team with Williams still doesn’t come close to going undefeated at home during conference. Not by a long shot.
we will never know now will we. Williams was the best perimeter defender on the team he was 6'6 with a 7'0 wing span he also would have allowed Bohannon to slide to the SG and Moss to the SF. giving the team a much different look on defense

we will never know now will we. Williams was the best perimeter defender on the team he was 6'6 with a 7'0 wing span he also would have allowed Bohannon to slide to the SG and Moss to the SF. giving the team a much different look on defense

Yeah we know. You weren’t going undefeated at home. Purdue was night and day better than Iowa and lost a game at home.

I wouldn't dare say this on our team's board but I doubt we get Langford. In my opinion, I think he's waiting to see if there's a spot available for him at Kansas. I think there won't be and he ends up choosing Vanderbilt. Could be another season to forget next year.

Yikes!! I still think the Trae Young Model will be too enticing to pass up.

Yeah we know. You weren’t going undefeated at home. Purdue was night and day better than Iowa and lost a game at home.
predictions are nothing more than predictions. remember Minnesota was PREDICTED to finish in the top 4 and look at how that turned out.
where was OSU PREDICTED to finish and look at how that turned out.
MSU was PREDICTED to be a FF team and again look at how that turned out,
Purdue was PREDICTED to be a FF team they suffer a injury to Hass the most overlooked player on his team as all year long the only player that got praise was Haarms. look at how that turned out.

predictions are nothing more than predictions. remember Minnesota was PREDICTED to finish in the top 4 and look at how that turned out.
where was OSU PREDICTED to finish and look at how that turned out.
MSU was PREDICTED to be a FF team and again look at how that turned out,
Purdue was PREDICTED to be a FF team they suffer a injury to Hass the most overlooked player on his team as all year long the only player that got praise was Haarms. look at how that turned out.
I PREDICT you will post more often than every other poster in this thread combined.

Reactions: jwardelt
Why count when you can use a 4th grade level knowledge of the search function?
that's not saying much has I am not computer savey as my 3 year grandson probably knows more about computes than I do as he has his own tablet.

todays 4th graders probably know more than most of the posters on this site.

I wouldn't dare say this on our team's board but I doubt we get Langford. In my opinion, I think he's waiting to see if there's a spot available for him at Kansas. I think there won't be and he ends up choosing Vanderbilt. Could be another season to forget next year.
First off, the plan all along has been to announce in the Spring. So in that respect, I don't think he's waiting to see what transpires in Lawrence. There's a spot for him in Kansas, regardless of what happens. Roster spots seem to always come available when a Top 5 talent comes a calling.

He could choose Vandy. Makes zero sense to me. Or anyone really. But that's irrelevant. its what makes sense to him that matters.

Could be Indiana. Wouldn't shock me at all if he chose IU. And from things I've heard, we are in better shape than most think.

The "wait" has very little to do with anything really. But being impatient makes it seem so.

As for it being another seasson to forget if IU doesn't land Langford? Naaaaah. We return a very good core in Morgan, Smith, Davis, Green and Durham. Bringing in a Top 20 recruiting class, littered with pieces that we need; Shooters/PG. With Langford, it could be a season to remember. But even if he doesn't come, it still won't be a season to forget.

Reactions: 91alum91
There are reasons to be optimistic my friend.
I'm sure there will be better seasons ahead. It's been a bit frustrating the last few to say the least.
Yikes!! I still think the Trae Young Model will be too enticing to pass up.
You could be right. Just a guess on my part.
First off, the plan all along has been to announce in the Spring. So in that respect, I don't think he's waiting to see what transpires in Lawrence. There's a spot for him in Kansas, regardless of what happens. Roster spots seem to always come available when a Top 5 talent comes a calling.

He could choose Vandy. Makes zero sense to me. Or anyone really. But that's irrelevant. its what makes sense to him that matters.

Could be Indiana. Wouldn't shock me at all if he chose IU. And from things I've heard, we are in better shape than most think.

The "wait" has very little to do with anything really. But being impatient makes it seem so.

As for it being another seasson to forget if IU doesn't land Langford? Naaaaah. We return a very good core in Morgan, Smith, Davis, Green and Durham. Bringing in a Top 20 recruiting class, littered with pieces that we need; Shooters/PG. With Langford, it could be a season to remember. But even if he doesn't come, it still won't be a season to forget.
Without RL, I just don't see us finishing in the top 3. Even in what looks like could be a weaker than usual conference. The committee only took 4 teams this year. Next season may be about the same.

DZzA-YaUMAAb8qU.jpg

Reactions: KisteK
So at this point, the B1G players who are for sure gone to the draft:
  • Jaren Jackson
  • Miles Bridges
  • Corey Sanders
  • Leron Black
  • Tony Carr
  • KBD
  • Justin Jackson
Then Happ, Cook, Carsen, Ward, Palmer and Bruno (thanks bmore) testing the waters. Anyone I'm missing?

Last edited:
Anyone want to put together a transfer list?
here is who has left from Iowa BB team
RSSR SG Ellingson
JR F Wagner although he is going to be playing FB with all signs it will be for Iowa. can't practice till the end of the school year.
at Iowa he will have 2 years to play W/O sitting out. he had some pretty good offers has he had 53 catches for 1015 yards and 16 TD's.

So at this point, the B1G players who are for sure gone to the draft:
  • Jaren Jackson
  • Miles Bridges
  • Corey Sanders
  • Leron Black
  • Tony Carr
  • KBD
  • Justin Jackson
Then Happ, Cook, Carsen, Ward, and Palmer all testing the waters. Anyone I'm missing?
Big Ten is going to be worse than this year, and that is saying something.

Big Ten is going to be worse than this year, and that is saying something.
I don't think so the middle and lower is loaded with underclassmen and nobody is really losing anybody, the teams at the top from this season may actually join the pack.

the conference as a whole has a chance to be better this season coming up. there just won't be a dominant team.

Reactions: guppy likes purdue
I don't think so the middle and lower is loaded with underclassmen and nobody is really losing anybody, the teams at the top from this season may actually join the pack.

the conference as a whole has a chance to be better this season coming up. there just won't be a dominant team.
correct, everyone's going to suck

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
ADVERTISEMENT