ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think there will end up being an MSU guy taken at all. I don’t plan on using my last round pick on one like in years past.

Kind of crazy for a team that I think will be in the better half of a P6 conference.
Definitely strange. Purdue had Edey taken early but there's no one else I'd take. I think both teams have a few guys who could be 2nd team All B1G but identifying which guy that would be with any degree of confidence would be a near impossible undertaking.

Big Ten players drafted in DukeDevilz contest so far:

1st Round

4. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
5. Hunter Dickinson, Michigan

2nd Round
15. Zach Edey, Purdue

3rd Round
30. Kris Murray, Iowa

4th Round
47. Terrence Shannon, Illinois

7th Round
74. Cliff Omoruyi, Rutgers
76. Jamison Battle, Minnesota,

10th Round
109. Tyler Wahl, Wisconsin
115. Matthew Maye, Illinois
116. Skyy Clark, Illinois
120. Jett Howard, Michigan

11th Round
121. Jaelin Llewellyn, Michigan
122. Coleman Hawkins, Illinois

A comment and a question. Only 5 guys drafted in the first 73 picks speaks to how weak the league is this year. Also crazy that there isn't a single player from MSU or OSU drafted but 4 Illinois guys.

Outside of the 13 already picked above, who has the best chance to be 1st team All B1G? Keegan Murray was drafted in the 12th round last year. Johnny Davis wasn't even drafted. Someone will surprise this year. Who will it be?

I'll be a homer and say Caleb McConnell. He was B1G DPOY a year ago and HM All-B1G. We lost Ron Harper Jr and Geo Baker, so points and shots are going to have to come from somewhere. If Caleb can get from 7 ppg to 12+ppg and is again B1G DPOY you'd think he'd be in the running for 2nd Team All-B1G (maybe better?) if we perform. He was 23/11 in our First Four loss to Notre Dame, so the scoring may be there.

I'd think either Caleb or Paul Mulcahy are going to be our #2 behind Cliff and for that draft I'd take the chance on the DPOY upside of McConnell

Last edited:
Reactions: PUdadinINdy
We may or may not be losing to a D2 team at halftime in our exhibition game

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jwardelt
Jesus Christ this woman is crazy. There is 0 chance she’s sober rn.
Actually 100% sober.. it must be the " DERANGED" coming out.. or maybe it's being fed up with disgusting asshole PIGS WHO bully kids online as well as their mothers because they wanted to have the recruitment experience!!?

Feels like a better situation for illinois than Purdue.

Like you said - further from his family so potentially less disruptive.

and if it goes south, it’s far less messy to cut bait with some dude from a state over than a hometown kid.

there are some wild stories about the family. My brother actually played AAU for the dad back in the day and has some funny stories as well.
How do you think DGL got to being the " solid" kid he is??!! HIS FAMILY AND GOD!!
Not anyone from this community who has partook in bullying online!!?? What kind of people does that make you?? Bullying kids and mothers online because they didn't want to miss out on a recruiting experience . And thank God he did!! What an AWESOME situation he's walking into now!! So let me THANK PAINTER AND HIS GINORMOUS EGO and proving himself to be a shit talker

How do you think DGL got to being the " solid" kid he is??!! HIS FAMILY AND GOD!!
Not anyone from this community who has partook in bullying online!!?? What kind of people does that make you?? Bullying kids and mothers online because they didn't want to miss out on a recruiting experience . And thank God he did!! What an AWESOME situation he's walking into now!! So let me THANK PAINTER AND HIS GINORMOUS EGO and proving himself to be a shit talker
Holy fvcking shit Laughing

Michigan surprise players:

Jaelin Llewellyn - I think he is the shiftiest of our line of transfer PGs (Mike Smith, Devante Jones) and who’s skillset best matches up with Hunter Dickinson’s. I think the two should be really good together in pick and roll / pick and pop. I could see an upside of 13 and 5.

Jett Howard - Rumor had it that he was clearly our #2 after HD at the secret scrimmage. He might even up being as good/better as the two freshmen we had starting last year (Houstan/Diabate). I could see 14ppg if he’s really our #2 over my other choice.

Welcome to the internet. It may not be the best place for you

oh-my-god-its-happening.gif

Remember when Illinois fans said good luck with Jeremy Fear’s parents?

@Mehere123 I invite you to continue posting here throughout the season. I think we’d all love your insight.
I remember when Gibbs Lawhorn decommitted I was a little disappointed. Then I took 2 minutes to look at his mom's twitter. What a dodge from Painter lmao

Y'all are the ones butt hurt over dravyn opening his recruitment and online bullying a kid and talking shit about his mother but she is the one with a victim mentality?? What kind of drugs y'all on??
@Mehere123 FYI the purdue site is under new management. You should check if you're locked out. Nuebitch is gone. I don't think the new guy has a notebook either.

Reactions: burbo
Holy Guacamole and Good Googa Mooga

This is what the internet was made for…

I didn’t know she got Neubitch fired from Rivals. That’s awesome!

Wtf is going on in here
@Mehere123 is Dravyn Gibbs-Lawhorn's mom. He was committed to Purdue then like 2 months ago decommitted and committed to Illinois. Last week, our friend here came onto the Purdue boards and facebook with a personal vendetta against Matt Painter and Purdue. Claiming Painter and Purdue somehow hoodwinked them and that all of Purdue fans on social media are bullying Dra for decommitting, None of any of that is true lol BUT now she's moved to this national board to drag Purdue and Painter through the mud.

And here we are.

Player committed to Purdue. Later decommitted and committed to Illinois. Mom does not like Matt Painter. She also has a Rivals account. A thread blew up Friday night in Purdue’s page with fan and mom back-and-forths. Now it has made it here to the national board.

She got someone fired?

Me sowing: Holy shit this is hilarious a disgruntled mother is calling out Purdue jerks for being jerks (as an unbiased observer, making a lot of salient points too)

Me reaping: Damn it, there’s a sudden influx in purdue jerks

Reactions: bMORE607
Oh yah. She thinks our Rivals guy is getting fed misinformation from Painter to write hit pieces against her kid. His last name is Neubert but she refers to him as Neubitch. This all happened 2 days before our Rivals guy moved on to another site…I mean, got fired
Objectively funny

Reactions: RutgHoops
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT