ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean you said he embraces. Do you think he privately afterwords told them good job?

Here’s him walking right past the brawl that he, just a few minutes later, said he wasn’t aware of 😂.

Yes but let’s buy the statement someone wrote for him the next day as proof he isn’t complacent in the clown show.

Only stopping by briefly to ask if anyone knows if gil is still around? Was talking about racist fans, the nostalgia of Gil can't though like a wrecking ball with syphilis.

I read one page here and I need to go back to chemo, Fack you guys never change. Might be easier to just put the off-season thread on repeat after each season.

Only stopping by briefly to ask if anyone knows if gil is still around? Was talking about racist fans, the nostalgia of Gil can't though like a wrecking ball with syphilis.

I read one page here and I need to go back to chemo, Fack you guys never change. Might be easier to just put the off-season thread on repeat after each season.

What offseason threads in the past have discussion about 10 on 1 gang style beatings after a football game?

I thought that was unique to 2022 MSU but if you’ve got more examples please share.

As far as Gil goes….
pouring-one-out-crying.gif

Reactions: RutgHoops
Do we know what happened? Health problems or did ol Mrs. Gil tell him to next off the damn computer
I haven't the slightest idea. As someone mentioned, his profile is still active on Rivals, but he's not posting. Jumping to a conclusion here, but I'd assume something is preventing him from posting - ban or health.

To the Indiana posters, looks like they arrested a suspect in the Delphi murders of those two girls about 5 years ago. Local guy who was a manager at the CVS.

Rutgers beat Fairfield by 13 in our exhibition without Caleb McConnell. Proceeds from the game went to benefit the Eric LeGrand foundation...a great cause and a great Scarlet Knight! Fairfield is a solid dark horse to win the MAAC. Think they are picked around 4th or 5th in that league. Jay Young is a good HC.

Cliff is going to be very good. Paul Mulcahy is a good leader/PG for this group. Mawot Mag is a name to know.

https://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketbal...-in-honor-of-eric-legrand-x-observations.html

Mawot Mag is a name to know.
Oh, I know that POS. Dude came out of nowhere to score 12 points in the game Harper hit from half court when we were #1 in the country. And then he didn't do dick the rest of the season save a 13 point game against lowly Nebraska.

Reactions: RutgHoops
Oh, I know that POS. Dude came out of nowhere to score 12 points in the game Harper hit from half court when we were #1 in the country. And then he didn't do dick the rest of the season save a 13 point game against lowly Nebraska.
He was hurt most of last season. Apparently his mouth is super injury prone. He’s had like 10+ dental surgeries. I think he’ll be a 3rd team all big type player if he stays healthy

He was hurt most of last season. Apparently his mouth is super injury prone. He’s had like 10+ dental surgeries. I think he’ll be a 3rd team all big type player if he stays healthy
If his mouth is super injury prone, he should keep it off of Mulcahy's nuts.

Purdue's first exhibition game is Wednesday against Truman State on BTN+.

This is the part of the year where we bitch about the Big Ten making stupid money but still thinking it's a good business decision to make us pay $10 per month to subscribe to a crappy service just so we can watch our favorite team play.

This is the part of the year where we bitch about the Big Ten making stupid money but still thinking it's a good business decision to make us pay $10 per month to subscribe to a crappy service just so we can watch our favorite team play.
I pay that just to watch volleyball. We typically don't have real games on the +. I don't care about the exhibition.

I pay that just to watch volleyball. We typically don't have real games on the +. I don't care about the exhibition.
I think everyone has one regular season game on BTN+. Wisky's game against Western Michigan on 12/30 is.

I think everyone has one regular season game on BTN+. Wisky's game against Western Michigan on 12/30 is.
The losers have more. ;) I've got season tickets so it's usually a home buy game that doesn't matter to me because I'll be there anyways.

Did it a few times but I can't take the college kids broadcast. I don't care $10 to watch when it'll be on BTN in a few days. And I'll be honest I've spent $10 on a lot of worse things.

IyZqKKd_d.webp

@Kevin Bryan - you know who can help me get my account fixed?

Here’s what I see when I try to post on this board. I can edit my existing posts, but can’t make new posts or send new DMs.

Last edited:
Who's your team's surprise player this year?

Purdue has a handful of options. I'll say Braden Smith since he wasn't a highly recruited guy and it sounds like he's taken the PG role by the horns. TKR is a redshirt frosh who I think is gonna be an impact guy, but at the end of the day, he was a big time recruit so I'm not sure if he'd really qualify.
I’ll go with one no one is talking about, Pierre Brooks. He got virtually no PT this year and I think he’s going to be a major contributor this year. I’m high on his potential.

Big Ten players drafted in DukeDevilz contest so far:

1st Round

4. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
5. Hunter Dickinson, Michigan

2nd Round
15. Zach Edey, Purdue

3rd Round
30. Kris Murray, Iowa

4th Round
47. Terrence Shannon, Illinois

7th Round
74. Cliff Omoruyi, Rutgers
76. Jamison Battle, Minnesota,

10th Round
109. Tyler Wahl, Wisconsin
115. Matthew Maye, Illinois
116. Skyy Clark, Illinois
120. Jett Howard, Michigan

11th Round
121. Jaelin Llewellyn, Michigan
122. Coleman Hawkins, Illinois

A comment and a question. Only 5 guys drafted in the first 73 picks speaks to how weak the league is this year. Also crazy that there isn't a single player from MSU or OSU drafted but 4 Illinois guys.

Outside of the 13 already picked above, who has the best chance to be 1st team All B1G? Keegan Murray was drafted in the 12th round last year. Johnny Davis wasn't even drafted. Someone will surprise this year. Who will it be?

Kid dropped a ton in the rankings this year but could be a good program guard. Former OSU commit is an interesting dynamic too.

1st Round

2nd Round
15. Zach Edey, Purdue

3rd Round
30. Kris Murray, Iowa

4th Round

7th Round

10th Round

11th Round

A comment and a question. Only 5 guys drafted in the first 73 picks speaks to how weak the league is this year. Also crazy that there isn't a single player from MSU or OSU drafted but 4 Illinois guys.

Outside of the 13 already picked above, who has the best chance to be 1st team All B1G? Keegan Murray was drafted in the 12th round last year. Johnny Davis wasn't even drafted. Someone will surprise this year. Who will it be?
Dawson Garcia. He's got the talent to be 1st team and with Battle out a few weeks after having a foot procedure done, Garcia will be the go to guy on offense.

1st Round

2nd Round
15. Zach Edey, Purdue

3rd Round
30. Kris Murray, Iowa

4th Round

7th Round

10th Round

11th Round

I don’t think there will end up being an MSU guy taken at all. I don’t plan on using my last round pick on one like in years past.

Kind of crazy for a team that I think will be in the better half of a P6 conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT