ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the correct take. I shrugged my shoulders and said “well he’s right”. A lot of teams have the last decade, but Rutgers specifically has bullied IU for the last few years.
No issue with Geo sating the obvious---"When we played IU, we expected a win."---I mean when you go 6-2 vs someone, you earn that right. Facts are the facts.

I simply pointed out his other statement, and the irony in it. My bad, wasn't aware we are only allowed to comment on one aspect of an interview....Dualy noted.

How is it trolling? If TJD and HD were close to eachother in conference scoring then so were Eli Brooks and TJD.
Because in typical you fashion, you are moving the goalpost, and the context. I am sure PPG wise, a lot of players are in comparison....But we are not talking about Brooks, a 6'2" GUARD, who is on NO preseason team of anything...We are talking about two guys,who play the same position, who are both being lauded as 1st team B10 dudes, B10 POY dudes, and AA honors....But sure, lets throw in a PG, and his average....I mean that's irrelevant.

But I expected this....

Overall stats, H2H stats betweenTJD and HD are close....Big 10 there is some separation. But then again, TJD scored 154 more points in the conference than Brooks. TJD did only outscore HD by 9(390-381), but Dicikinson only played in 20 games----compared to TJD playing in 23.

You change the comparison to HD/TJD, to HD/TJD and Brooks----Not sure why.

No issue with Geo sating the obvious---"When we played IU, we expected a win."---I mean when you go 6-2 vs someone, you earn that right. Facts are the facts.

I simply pointed out his other statement, and the irony in it. My bad, wasn't aware we are only allowed to comment on one aspect of an interview....Dualy noted.
I’m not trying to police how you post Borden, was not my intention. Do you my guy

Because in typical you fashion, you are moving the goalpost, and the context. I am sure PPG wise, a lot of players are in comparison....But we are not talking about Brooks, a 6'2" GUARD, who is on NO preseason team of anything...We are talking about two guys,who play the same position, who are both being lauded as 1st team B10 dudes, B10 POY dudes, and AA honors....But sure, lets throw in a PG, and his average....I mean that's irrelevant.

But I expected this....

Overall stats, H2H stats betweenTJD and HD are close....Big 10 there is some separation. But then again, TJD scored 154 more points in the conference than Brooks. TJD did only outscore HD by 9(390-381), but Dicikinson only played in 20 games----compared to TJD playing in 23.

You change the comparison to HD/TJD, to HD/TJD and Brooks----Not sure why.

You said their conference scoring was close. It wasn’t. 4.5 PPG is a big difference. That’s the point. 20 vs 15 is a big difference. 15 vs 11 is a big difference.

You said their conference scoring was close. It wasn’t. 4.5 PPG is a big difference. That’s the point. 20 vs 15 is a big difference. 15 vs 11 is a big difference.
I said stats----you opted to key on ONE----I opted to key on them all. I mean would be silly of me to compare TJD rebounding/blocks per game to that of Brooks, right?

In ALL Big 10 games, TJD averaged 16.9.....Brooks 11.2.....HD 20.2

Trayce averaged 5.7 more ppg than Brooks----HD averaged 3.2 more than TJD.

Which is irrelevant.....unless of course you were just wnting to debate PPG..Which is cool.

However you wanna roll, is fine. TJD/HD are very comparable, and IMO you couldn't go wrong with either...

I’m not trying to police how you post Borden, was not my intention. Do you my guy
I didn't take it that way....I just don't elect to comment on one part of an interview....I have no qualms with Geno's statements in regard to beating/not being afraid of IU....Which is I why i only responded to his remark of----"IU being a lower half conference team", which I find ironic beings so was Rutgers.

I said stats----you opted to key on ONE----I opted to key on them all. I mean would be silly of me to compare TJD rebounding/blocks per game to that of Brooks, right?

In ALL Big 10 games, TJD averaged 16.9.....Brooks 11.2.....HD 20.2

Trayce averaged 5.7 more ppg than Brooks----HD averaged 3.2 more than TJD.

Which is irrelevant.....unless of course you were just wnting to debate PPG..Which is cool.

However you wanna roll, is fine. TJD/HD are very comparable, and IMO you couldn't go wrong with either...

Do you agree HDs and TJDs conference scoring weren’t close?

Don't think many teams are scared of anyone except for Minnesota and Northwestern. Literally no one has said IU is heads and shoulders above anyone. Just because they're projected as 1st by most people doesn't make them some dominate team. I'm trying to figure out why this is a surprise but I know zzz loves posting anything anti IU.

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
Ah yes, the countless number of Purdue players whare have been involved in gang violence. What the fvck is she even talking about?

You can tell her son being a good basketball player has inflated her ego to the moon.
She must be confusing PU for MSU.

No TJD or Bates today.....

IU tips at 3:30 vs Marian. Cool twist, Brayton Bailey, Damon Baileys son, playes for Marian.

My team played an unmatched dogshit talent team early in the season. This and this player looked really good against guys 6" shorter and a step and a half slower so I'm going to get over excited and start making generic and unspecific expectations about this year. Feel free to copy and paste and save this board some time.

Reactions: Ingersol
My team played an unmatched dogshit talent team early in the season. This and this player looked really good against guys 6" shorter and a step and a half slower so I'm going to get over excited and start making generic and unspecific expectations about this year. Feel free to copy and paste and save this board some time.
True....But its nice to see the freshman and how they react to actual game speed/competition, etc....Or how you shoot. Or how guys look/feel within an offense/defense scheme. Other than that, they are meaningless.

Michigan being better in both sports lately has truly broken the MSU fanbase here. The exodus of MSU posters here over the last couple seasons has been truly impressive.

I say this because tonight might be the final straw that breaks that last MSU poster here. It’s been fun, @MGC_07. Give @MileHighSpartan and the boys my regards.

I got no issue with him talking smack----He's right----RU owned IU. I was just pointing out the irony in him making fun of another team not being relevant----when Rutgers was dog shit most of his time there.

Its not hard at all----but well, you made it seem so.
Isn't this just whataboutism? Doesn't matter if Rutgers wasn't any good either. He was making a point that was factual.

I didn't take it that way....I just don't elect to comment on one part of an interview....I have no qualms with Geno's statements in regard to beating/not being afraid of IU....Which is I why i only responded to his remark of----"IU being a lower half conference team", which I find ironic beings so was Rutgers.
During Geo Baker’s time in college:

Rutgers > Indiana

Isn't this just whataboutism? Doesn't matter if Rutgers wasn't any good either. He was making a point that was factual.
Sure......He made a couple of points that were facrtual----And acutally, I touched on all of them. Sorry ,y post doesn't appease you....

Who knows, maybe next he'll talk about how Rutgers ain't scared of Purdue either?

During Geo Baker’s time in college:

Rutgers > Indiana
True.....Never denied that. Not so sure what so ****ing hard for some of muther****ers to understand. ****ing always having to just nit pick shit.....You know what the **** I referenced...So stick that shit, huh?

True.....Never denied that. Not so sure what so ****ing hard for some of muther****ers to understand. ****ing always having to just nit pick shit.....You know what the **** I referenced...So stick that shit, huh?
You said it was ironic that Geo, a Rutgers player, said Indiana was a bottom half team in the B1G last year.

How is it ironic when they finished 4th in the conference last year?

You said it was ironic that Geo, a Rutgers player, said Indiana was a bottom half team in the B1G last year.

How is it ironic when they finished 4th in the conference last year?
How about listening better, and/or reading---Pick one, I don't give a ****. He didn't say LAST year, he said during his career. Its why I said its ironic b/c in Geo's first four seasons Rutgers was 14th...His soph year they were 12th....8th as a junior...7th his senior year....Then 4th last year as a GS. SO as a 5th year senior, Rutgers cracked the Top 4.

🤣 🥱...

Rutgers finished in Top 4 once in Geo's career...21-22, where he missed a ton. Great player, and Rutgers did have Indiana's number----led series 6-3, winning the last three....But if this were coming from a Purdue, OSU, Michigan dude, I'd take it more serious....

Frosh---Last in B10
Soph---12th
Jr---8th
SR---7th

Geo rarely lost to IU and TJD was in high school the last time IU finished ahead of Rutgers in the B1G standings. He earned the right on the court to take that shot at IU, and he took it.

jeternephew.gif

How about listening better, and/or reading---Pick one, I don't give a ****. He didn't say LAST year, he said during his career. Its why I said its ironic b/c in Geo's first four seasons Rutgers was 14th...His soph year they were 12th....8th as a junior...7th his senior year....Then 4th last year as a GS. SO as a 5th year senior, Rutgers cracked the Top 4.
Rutgers finished 14th and 12th his first two years.

As a junior they went 11-9 and T-5th, as a senior they went 10-10 and T-6th, and then last year they went 12-8 and T-4th.

So 3 of his 5 years, and his last 3 years at Rutgers they were in the top half of the league. Indiana’s best finish in conference over his time in college was 7th, and that was his freshman year.

Again after again, you come in saying dumb shit because you don’t do any research. Do better next time

Geo rarely lost to IU and TJD was in high school the last time IU finished ahead of Rutgers in the B1G standings. He earned the right on the court to take that shot at IU, and he took it.

jeternephew.gif
I guess----I find it kind of bush league. But hey, he earned it. Probably mean more if IU were worth two shits during that time.....But I guess when favored, people are gonna talk.

Great player...Loved watching the dude.

Rutgers finished 14th and 12th his first two years.

As a junior they went 11-9 and T-5th, as a senior they went 10-10 and T-6th, and then last year they went 12-8 and T-4th.

So 3 of his 5 years, and his last 3 years at Rutgers they were in the top half of the league. Indiana’s best finish in conference over his time in college was 7th, and that was his freshman year.

Again after again, you come in saying dumb shit because you don’t do any research. Do better next time
In 2019-20 they tied with half the Big 10 for 4th, but got the 8-seed. There is a reason for that.

In 2020-21 they tied for 6th(Wisconsin), but got the 7 seed-----there is a reason for that.

Lat year they were 4th.....

I do my research---I just see if dumb asses like you take the bait-----And you do.

Reactions: Ingersol
In 2019-20 they tied with half the Big 10 for 4th, but got the 8-seed. There is a reason for that.

In 2020-21 they tied for 6th(Wisconsin), but got the 7 seed-----there is a reason for that.

Lat year they were 4th.....

I do my research---I just see if dumb asses like you take the bait-----And you do.
Tie breakers are for Tournament seeding only.

If that wasn’t the case, Wisconsin wouldn’t have a Big Ten title last year alongside Illinois.

3 straight years in the top half for Rutgers. Ironic, huh?

Tie breakers are for Tournament seeding only.

If that wasn’t the case, Wisconsin wouldn’t have a Big Ten title last year alongside Illinois.

3 straight years in the top half for Rutgers. Ironic, huh?
You are what you are seeded, bro. You may finish with the same record, but lose to a team twice, or once----which means in reality,they are better. Teams got the tie breaker becuase, get this slick---THEY WERE BETTER.

I do my research mouth breather. All you did what glimpse at the standings, have someone count the spots for you, then typed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT