ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went back to Detroit

Dude sure hyped up his recruitment quite a bit... only to go back and play for his father one more season. I guess locking up a sizable NIL deal helped.

Just seems like he'd want to play big-time college basketball for at least once season. I really think he could be an all-conference player in a power league.

Reactions: bMORE607
Dude sure hyped up his recruitment quite a bit... only to go back and play for his father one more season. I guess locking up a sizable NIL deal helped.

Just seems like he'd want to play big-time college basketball for at least once season. I really think he could be an all-conference player in a power league.

Yea complete and total waste of time.

Rutgers hosted a pair of 2023 targets for official visits this week. Tough gets, but I like who Pike is targeting. Pike leaning on his CT roots.

map-papua-new-guinea.png

Believe me, sweetie, I got enough to feed the needy
No need to be greedy, I got mad friends with Benzes
C-notes by the layers, true f--kin players
Jump in the Rover and come over, tell your friends jump in the GS3
I got the chronic by the tree

Armed and dangerous, ain’t too many can bang with us

Yes I saw a brief portion of an article where he said he was taking a step away from basketball to help him with a health issue this is really just bad all around.
He has a lung condition that basically made it so he couldn’t play/run for an extended period, msu worked around it and heavily rotated him for it. But I assume foreign teams and the pro leagues weren’t the most accommodating.

Any knew details on the Payne death?
Girlfriend was called by her friend about her getting beat up in a domestic dispute, Payne tagged along to help her de escalate it.

the boyfriend went into his house, grabbed his gun and came out shooting Payne. Then called the cops saying payne tried to break in to his house but witnesses and cameras know that’s a lie.

hope the scumbag gets life.

Girlfriend was called by her friend about her getting beat up in a domestic dispute, Payne tagged along to help her de escalate it.

the boyfriend went into his house, grabbed his gun and came out shooting Payne. Then called the cops saying payne tried to break in to his house but witnesses and cameras know that’s a lie.

hope the scumbag gets life.

Damn. ****ing awful.

• Sad
Reactions: ConqueringHero
Always respected Payne for telling the truth when questioned about his best friend. Most people would lie in that situation. He was also a matchup nightmare on the college court. RIP dude.

Always respected Payne for telling the truth when questioned about his best friend. Most people would lie in that situation. He was also a matchup nightmare on the college court. RIP dude.
Just don't make a joke and call his dog fast, that's where we draw the line.

So houstan pulled out of the combine because a nba team guaranteed a spot?

would be a kick in the nuts losing him and diabate

Not sure who would do that . Good luck to him though. Never seen a less athletic Top 10 player in my life

Reactions: JRMSU
Not sure who would do that . Good luck to him though. Never seen a less athletic Top 10 player in my life
I honestly didn’t watch much UM basketball this year but wasn’t he a good shooter at least?

that pays the bills in the nba. Maybe doesn’t win playoff games in Duncan Robinsons case (still don’t get that decision)

That’s what many are speculating but who knows. From Hunter staying to Shannon coming/not, to Bufkin leaving/not to Frankie leaving it’s been unpredictable. Almost nothing leaks from the staff/team to even the most plugged in insiders ..so it’s almost all speculation/rumors.

We should know pretty quickly based on if UM gets active in the portal again.. but I don’t expect any announcements from Houstan no matter what. He isn’t on social media or anything.

Losing Moussa and Houstan would suck and would be really hard to fill in the portal. Thank god Hunter came back.

Last edited:
Reactions: JRMSU and cmore79
Houstan is terrible athlete who airballs 1in5 threes and can’t finish at all. If he has a promise he probably should go while some scouts still buy the age and high school hype. Yeah he could have a big year next year but if he’s similar he’s off nba radars for good. If he does leave, I really hope the coaches take bates.

Houstan is terrible athlete who airballs 1in5 threes and can’t finish at all. If he has a promise he probably should go while some scouts still buy the age and high school hype. Yeah he could have a big year next year but if he’s similar he’s off nba radars for good. If he does leave, I really hope the coaches take bates.
Not saying it’s wrong, but I think it’s funny how UM fans with Houstan and MSU fans with Christie are both like “This guy was an absolute bum and shouldn’t be sniffing the NBA, but if he comes back I think he has a really big year”

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT