ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which side of the gloryhole? Feel like that’s an important detail
Pleasure can be gleaned from either side...

giphy.gif

Diabate is a major loss, he was a beast defensively last year.

Very underrated.
I think he’s a loss because his potential is so high. He was wildly inconsistent last year on both ends tho. Honestly I was pretty disappointed in his defense given his length and coordination. He just really needs to add strength and improve his feel for the game. He and Hunter are really hard to play together too unless Moussa can make some major strides. If Hunter would have left I would have felt desperate to keep Moussa as a 5. Now I still hope he stays but I can live with him leaving for sure. Would much rather keep Houstan for the team needs …and then bring in another guard or two.

Reactions: GOO_HAM
I mean you need end the bench depth guys and in todays transfer age if you have a kid who’s ok redshirting and being a depth guy I guess it’s a fine. No one uses all 13 scholarships anyways right now.

I will be more fine with this move if we also get a big transfer though. If Carson Cooper is our solution to our big man problem, god help us.

Cooper is still 17 so he’s just super young for the 22’ class. I think redshirt is almost a certainty.

MSU just took a guy who’s best scholarship offer was from Vermont and doesn’t have a 247 profile, Carson Cooper. Apparently he’s redshirting.
I mean Purdue took a center from IMG in 2020 with 3 offers. He’s turned out pretty well.

smart to take a development big when available, especially if he’s a Ypsi prep guy izzo saw a lot behind the scenes.

I mean Purdue took a center from IMG in 2020 with 3 offers. He’s turned out pretty well.

smart to take a development big when available, especially if he’s a Ypsi prep guy izzo saw a lot behind the scenes.
His film looks decent too. With it basically confirmed he’s a redshirt guy and we like his potential I’m happy with it. Bigs are a bit of a crapshoot and kid has some skills. Physically he’s ahead of what Kohler is right now.

Kids name is Carson Cooper? My God that’s the most Gen Z name I’ve ever heard. He’s gonna suck.

Izzo on that late carr/dantonio path
He’s a redshirting depth guy because no one is filling all 13 roster sports nowadays anyways.

You can flame him for us being meh the past 2 years but I don’t think this commit is some indictment on his failure. Bigs are a crapshoot anyways once you get outside the top 20 or so. And he has the body. Hopefully by upperclassman year he can provide some big depth.

He’s a redshirting depth guy because no one is filling all 13 roster sports nowadays anyways.

You can flame him for us being meh the past 2 years but I don’t think this commit is some indictment on his failure. Bigs are a crapshoot anyways once you get outside the top 20 or so. And he has the body. Hopefully by upperclassman year he can provide some big depth.
Hopefully, my initial reaction was not good but I see now after reading more about him. He’s a project big that can hopefully redshirt and develop over the next couple of seasons.

Reactions: MGC_07
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT