ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
He averaged less points on more shots per game than Kofi to go along with less rebounds as well.

Davis should’ve been third in his own conference, let alone win NPOY.
When it’s called most efficient player of the year I’m sure your guy we’ll get it.

A guard had less rebounds than King Kong? I’m shocked. 8.2 as a guard is pretty good.

When it’s called most efficient player of the year I’m sure your guy we’ll get it.

A guard had less rebounds than King Kong? I’m shocked. 8.2 as a guard is pretty good.
What exactly did Davis do to earn player of the year?

Apparently scoring, rebounding, and efficiency don’t matter. Lol

Only one of us is being obtuse here, and that’s the dude that is defending a player getting awards he doesn’t deserve.

He got the award already, it’s not going to be taken away because you don’t defend his honor…
Then why are you being a little bitch about it? He won. Deal with it. I provided justification. Maybe your guy can get it in his 10th year in the league next year.

Then why are you being a little bitch about it? He won. Deal with it. I provided justification. Maybe your guy can get it in his 10th year in the league next year.
That justification is laughable.

You want me to go thru and cherry pick some of Kofi’s games too? Lol

Kofi will continue wrecking Wisconsin because he’s the best player on the floor. Like always

Just found out there’s a dog sport could FastCAT that is literally just a 100 yard dash for the dog. Let’s go.

Only one of us is being obtuse here, and that’s the dude that is defending a player getting awards he doesn’t deserve.

He got the award already, it’s not going to be taken away because you don’t defend his honor…
Let it go man

Sounding more and more like Christie won’t be back but who knows. People around him weren’t happy with how the year panned out for him. We kept playing him and giving him shots even though his percentages were garbage. He led us in minutes for godsakes. Not Izzo’s fault he shot so damn poorly, we kept letting him shoot it. And for his rep as a semi PG he averaged the same number of assists as turnovers. Nothing is a done deal but I think he has some people in his ear that he isn’t the one to blame for struggling this year.

We’ve heard if he doesn’t go to the NBA bee might transfer to Northwestern lol. Has some unhappy parents and people around him.

However we have heard optimism on Joey Hauser coming back.
Will at least understand it somewhat if he wants to move on to the pros. If that NW stuff is true he’ll likely never amount to much of anything on the court at the next level. Good lord imagine leaving Izzo for Collins.

Last edited:
Lol.

Gtfo with your trash metrics. No one cares. Murray > Cock burn :cool:

Also, watching tape tends to tell you more than following "advanced metrics".

Stats Guy is such an odd fellow.
When the stats are based upon a play by play analysis of that video, maybe disagreeing with reality is the moronic thing to do.

Of course, asking an Iowa fan to self reflect on their basketball intelligence is the equivalent of asking a peanut to run a mile.

Looking forward to the Iowa > blank post that for some reason you still think someone will find funny.

F4-D3-C6-AC-E29-C-4-DA5-B64-E-A112080-C0924.png

Defense below the poverty line. Pathetic.

When the stats are based upon a play by play analysis of that video, maybe disagreeing with reality is the moronic thing to do. (Disagreeing with the fact that Keegan > Kofi would be moronic, I agree.)

Of course, asking an Iowa fan to self reflect on their basketball intelligence is the equivalent of asking a peanut to run a mile. (Why do we need to reflect on our own self-intelligence when we know we're smarter than the Illini fans constantly trying to compare themselves to others by making sports intelligence jokes that nobody finds funny...........amirite? Isn't that how you do it?......just, ya know.....just say something like 'nobody finds your joke funny' and that immediately puts the person that posted said unfunny joke in their place?.......;) )

Looking forward to the Iowa > blank post that for some reason you still think someone will find funny. (What I find funny is that you still think that I only do that as a means to get a few people to laugh.....which they do, but that's besides the point. :cool:)
Now...........what was that point you were trying to make, Mr. Stats Guy? ;)

P.S.
Iowa > Illinois

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
Sounding more and more like Christie won’t be back but who knows. People around him weren’t happy with how the year panned out for him. We kept playing him and giving him shots even though his percentages were garbage. He led us in minutes for godsakes. Not Izzo’s fault he shot so damn poorly, we kept letting him shoot it. And for his rep as a semi PG he averaged the same number of assists as turnovers. Nothing is a done deal but I think he has some people in his ear that he isn’t the one to blame for struggling this year.

We’ve heard if he doesn’t go to the NBA bee might transfer to Northwestern lol. Has some unhappy parents and people around him.

However we have heard optimism on Joey Hauser coming back.
Should’ve just went to Purdue. Sad.

He wouldn’t have started and his parents would have been just as mad if not more.
I guess. Just sucks seeing Painter spend so much time on kids like Christie only for Izzo to swoop in with his tears and his ribbon and steal the kid at the last second.

Reactions: SIBoiler2
I guess. Just sucks seeing Painter spend so much time on kids like Christie only for Izzo to swoop in with his tears and his ribbon and steal the kid at the last second.
I know you guys have a victim complex with MSU but we were recruiting Christie for a really long time. He was one of the earliest guys we were on in the class. Was basically the only 5 star we were in on and we were going full force.

I think that story may be more accurate with Malik Hall after we whiffed on Keion Brooks.

Reactions: B-Westy
I know you guys have a victim complex with MSU but we were recruiting Christie for a really long time. He was one of the earliest guys we were on in the class. Was basically the only 5 star we were in on and we were going full force.

I think that story may be more accurate with Malik Hall after we whiffed on Keion Brooks.
Illinois insiders knew it was MSU or Duke by the start of his junior season, so I’m not sure what he’s getting at with Izzo swooping in late.

The insiders that called Liddell to Illinois or other ones
Tbh-there’s plenty of things to rip Illinois insiders on Payne, I mean basically any recruitment from Weber until Ayo but Liddell last summer ain’t it.

An old newspaper writer in Champaign wrote an article last summer that pretty much killed it because it would’ve made a strong case for tampering. Would it have happened, probably not, but it never could happen bc of Loren Tate.

Tbh-there’s plenty of things to rip Illinois insiders on Payne, I mean basically any recruitment from Weber until Ayo but Liddell last summer ain’t it.

An old newspaper writer in Champaign wrote an article last summer that pretty much killed it because it would’ve made a strong case for tampering. Would it have happened, probably not, but it never could happen bc of Loren Tate.

It was pushed here a good amount and I’m assuming that sentiment was coming because of what insiders were saying.

It was pushed here a good amount and I’m assuming that sentiment was coming because of what insiders were saying.
Yes- it was pushed a lot. I think the columnist probably subscribes to one of the sites (not rivals bc our rivals is hot trash now) and then wrote the article.

That article killed anything potentially happening. It would be like an East Lansing writer write an article on pure speculation right now TJD. I don’t believe it was a done deal but I do believe the article killed any idea of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT