ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s wanted a head coaching job for a while. Good for him.

We really, really, really need a to hire a young good recruiter.
Just my two cents but you guys could really use someone with ties outside the midwest. Pretty much only recruiting Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois aint going get it done anymore IMO.

Reactions: MGC_07
Just my two cents but you guys could really use someone with ties outside the midwest. Pretty much only recruiting Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois aint going get it done anymore IMO.
We got a top 50 guy coming from California next year, and supposedly another one the year after

Reactions: JDMEvergreen
Lavall is a good coach, not much of a recruiter though and yet another state of michigan guy

Reactions: JRMSU
Am I crazy for being fine if it’s Tom Crean?

I mean maybe it’s that he was funny on pardon my take and actually seems to know how to recruit which most assistants we’d look at don’t.

I mean maybe it’s that he was funny on pardon my take and actually seems to know how to recruit which most assistants we’d look at don’t.
I think it would be a fine move. Downside is that an up and comer could be “fresher eyes” or a potential coach in waiting. Also he’s a polarizing guy through the conference so there would be a lot of initial jokes. A young guy would excite the fanbase way more and I’m sure some would be pissed at the hire… but none of that really matters.. just the results.

Crean still works his ass off and knows his shit. Could certainly do a lot worse.

Reactions: JRMSU

Is Crean actually an option?

Starting to hear more rumors about Dawson Garcia to the Gophers. He already has transferred once, but he had a bunch of family medical issues going on, culminating unfortunately, in his grandmother's passing a few weeks ago. Dad got real sick too.

Starting to hear more rumors about Dawson Garcia to the Gophers. He already has transferred once, but he had a bunch of family medical issues going on, culminating unfortunately, in his grandmother's passing a few weeks ago. Dad got real sick too.
Anyone else? What are you guys losing? Give it to me Gil style because I only know 2 of your players’ names.

• Haha
Reactions: 1016CC0503
If he transferred once already does he get to play right away?

A little over a week in SE Asia and silly season is already 20 pages deep. Just skipping to the end.

If he transferred once already does he get to play right away?
Assume he will apply for a hardship waiver (that’s what it’s called right?) as there was someone sick in family if I remember correctly.

Looks like Clutch already covered the medical situation.

Reactions: Deathclutch
Anyone else? What are you guys losing? Give it to me Gil style because I only know 2 of your players’ names.
Lose:

Luke Loewe
Payton Willis
EJ Stephens
Eric Curry
Sean Sutherlin
Charlie Daniels
Danny Ogele

Return:

F Jamison Battle
C Treyton Thompson
CG Abdoulaye Thiam
F Parker Fox (Return from injury)
F Isaiah Ihnen (Return from injury)

Add: All Freshmen so far
SG Braeden Carrington
G/F Jaden Henley
F Josh Ola-Joseph
C Pharrel Payne

We got four open spots right now. Need guards bigly!!!!!!

Reactions: Jaycg15
Lose:

Luke Loewe
Payton Willis
EJ Stephens
Eric Curry
Sean Sutherlin
Charlie Daniels
Danny Ogele

Return:

F Jamison Battle
C Treyton Thompson
CG Abdoulaye Thiam
F Parker Fox (Return from injury)
F Isaiah Ihnen (Return from injury)

Add: All Freshmen so far
SG Braeden Carrington
G/F Jaden Henley
F Josh Ola-Joseph
C Pharrel Payne

We got four open spots right now. Need guards bigly!!!!!!
Bringing Battle back is a good start. Who are your transfer targets?

@bMORE607 do you have a sun account? If so, could you post this article?

I want to know which hitters are getting fücked by the wall changes at Camden. I’m guessing it’s mostly mountcastle, but wanted to confirm.

I want to know which hitters are getting fücked by the wall changes at Camden. I’m guessing it’s mostly mountcastle, but wanted to confirm.
Nah, but for Os it would probably be Mountcastle and Mancini. I saw a thing awhile back when they first made the decision that it’s going to help the Os more then hurt because of how many opponents have hit bombs to left field.

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
Nah, but for Os it would probably be Mountcastle and Mancini. I saw a thing awhile back when they first made the decision that it’s going to help the Os more then hurt because of how many opponents have hit bombs to left field.
Yeah I was able to find a pitcherlist article that gave me the same info so no worries. Literally all of cedrics homers last year were to right so he’s not affected. Mountcastle would only lose 2 or 3 or his homers according to the article I found, so I’m hoping I can maybe snag him for cheap.

Means would save like 5 or 6 homers, but I think his velo is down this year and he already has a pretty razor thin margin for success in that division so I’m likely staying away. Pitching is too deep this year, id rather take a risk on someone like Patrick Sandoval than means.

Reactions: bMORE607
Yeah I was able to find a pitcherlist article that gave me the same info so no worries. Literally all of cedrics homers last year were to right so he’s not affected. Mountcastle would only lose 2 or 3 or his homers according to the article I found, so I’m hoping I can maybe snag him for cheap.

Means would save like 5 or 6 homers, but I think his velo is down this year and he already has a pretty razor thin margin for success in that division so I’m likely staying away. Pitching is too deep this year, id rather take a risk on someone like Patrick Sandoval than means.
If he’s still available late I’d take Means. You know he’s getting the ball every 5th day. And the Os will win 60 games, somebody has to get them.

Here you go.

seems to be growing buzz that um could get diabate, houstan and hunter back
Praying Houstan and one of the bigs (preferably Hunter obviously) comes back.

Mentally preparing myself for just Houstan.

If all 3 came back that would be amazing but it doesn’t seem likely to me.

I have no idea what Houstan is even thinking about 🙄 Would be sick to get Hunter back

If you get all 3 back then the rest of us are fighting for second place.

• Haha
Reactions: flight 33
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT