ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he doesn't play out of his mind in Bloomington against us, we win a share of the B1G title. It would be really weird to see in in a Purdue uniform.

Maybe he finally wants to be on the right side of the rivalry?

6ax231.jpg

Hoops and Helmets ranks is out. I know you all were anxiously awaiting this. And without further ado, here are your B1G ranks:

• 125 Nebraska - What the fvck do they add to the conference?
  • 118 NW - At least they add academics
  • 90 Indiana - Woof!
  • 79 Minnesota - Boat Rowers keep you from sinking
  • 72 PSU - Ped State middling
  • 70 Maryland - Pedestrian
  • 60 Illinois - You'll always have that B1G title
  • 53 Rutgers - Woo-hoo! Top half baby!!
  • 24 Wisconsin - That will keep you warm during those cold Wisky spring nights
  • 14 OSU - FOOTBALL bitches!
  • 13 MSU - Better than OSU....always a good thing for Sparty, but where's Michigan?
  • 8 Purdue - Top 10 baby....and still not a damn thing to show for it
  • 6 Iowa - Wut? I demand a recount!! Nah, just reading the text is treasure enough (It didn’t win when it really counted. The basketball title was made instantly irrelevant after losing to a mediocre Richmond team in the first around, the 42-3 loss to Michigan in the football championship was brutal, and losing the Citrus Bowl to Kentucky hurt.)
  • 3 Michigan - Damn, now Hail has something else to reference in every post this offseason. Where is that ignore button again?

We were also-rans in women's basketball and wrestling too. An almost-banner year all around.

I know we are a long ways away but at this point I have heard time identifying the team that will be without a doubt a better team than this year… maybe Michigan???

The fresh point, houstan, and keep 1 big is probably better at this point than anyone else

Illinois- lose a lot… will relay on fresh guards too much
OSU- Branham??
MSU-??
Purdue- loses a lot.. Edey will dominate
Wisky- no Davis
Iowa- kris and perkins- maybe?
Rutgers- loses a lot

so basically whoever wins the portal

The fresh point, houstan, and keep 1 big is probably better at this point than anyone else

Illinois- lose a lot… will relay on fresh guards too much
OSU- Branham??
MSU-??
Purdue- loses a lot.. Edey will dominate
Wisky- no Davis
Iowa- kris and perkins- maybe?
Rutgers- loses a lot

so basically whoever wins the portal

Yeah but we are probably losing both bigs

Tyson Walker, AJ Hoggard, Jaden Akins, and Pierre Brooks (plus the freshman) are the only players I’m positive will be on the roster next year.
Marble, Hall, Sissoko, Hauser, and Christie are all thinking about leaving?

I figured there would be at least one unexpected departure, but that would be hard to recover from

Marble, Hall, Sissoko, Hauser, and Christie are all thinking about leaving?

I figured there would be at least one unexpected departure, but that would be hard to recover from
Our insiders have been pretty tight with information. Those are just the guys that I would guess or we haven’t had concrete info. No way they all go.

Hauser, Hall, and Christie are the ones I don’t want to see go. Marble and Sissoko are not Big Ten level bigs.

Reactions: 1016CC0503
Jordan Bohannon defeats B*** Davison to win the 3 pt shooting contest.

Former Hawk Jack Nunge also hits the game winner for Xavier to win the NIT.

Good Thursday overall for the Hawks after a sh**y past couple weeks.

But once again, it proves that Iowa > everyone else in the B10 :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 1016CC0503

I also set a new low score on my handheld electronic Phase 10

Plummer robbed by gravity

There’s just nothing that suggests Davis deserves it over a guy like Tshiebwe. I don’t get it.
Don't shoot the messenger. There's still plenty of NPOY awards to go. I'm guessing it won't be unanimous.

JD had his best games on the road/neutral vs ranked opponents. Oscar wasn't on his level in that regard. I think people remember that.

JD had:

30 vs Houston (N)
20 vs St Marys (N)
24 @ OSU
37 @ Purdue
22 @ Ill
25 @ MSU
30 @ IU
19 @ Rutgers

Only 2 of those were losses.

Counting stats are great but he also carried a bunch of "northwestern level" teammates to a B1G championship. Oscar didn't do that.

Don't shoot the messenger. There's still plenty of NPOY awards to go. I'm guessing it won't be unanimous.

JD had his best games on the road/neutral vs ranked opponents. Oscar wasn't on his level in that regard. I think people remember that.

JD had:

30 vs Houston (N)
20 vs St Marys (N)
24 @ OSU
37 @ Purdue
22 @ Ill
25 @ MSU
30 @ IU
19 @ Rutgers

Counting stats are great but he also carried a bunch of "northwestern level" teammates to a B1G championship. Oscar didn't do that.
He had a great season and he was one of the top players in the country, but he was a volume guy. His efficiency numbers weren’t that great. Oscar had a season that was all-time great in some regards. I wouldn’t have voted him CPOY, but I understand the perspective. NPOY I don’t get.

JD had:

30 vs Houston (N)
20 vs St Marys (N)
24 @ OSU
37 @ Purdue
22 @ Ill
25 @ MSU
30 @ IU
19 @ Rutgers

He averaged less points on more shots per game than Kofi to go along with less rebounds as well.

Davis should’ve been third in his own conference, let alone win NPOY.

Sounding more and more like Christie won’t be back but who knows. People around him weren’t happy with how the year panned out for him. We kept playing him and giving him shots even though his percentages were garbage. He led us in minutes for godsakes. Not Izzo’s fault he shot so damn poorly, we kept letting him shoot it. And for his rep as a semi PG he averaged the same number of assists as turnovers. Nothing is a done deal but I think he has some people in his ear that he isn’t the one to blame for struggling this year.

We’ve heard if he doesn’t go to the NBA bee might transfer to Northwestern lol. Has some unhappy parents and people around him.

However we have heard optimism on Joey Hauser coming back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT