ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

I give a pass to Brohm for the players he’s missing this year but I wish that level of understanding would go both ways. A Purdue poster brought up Harbaugh’s bowl record neglecting the players Michigan has had sit those out.

Reactions: SNU0821
I give a pass to Brohm for the players he’s missing this year but I wish that level of understanding would go both ways. A Purdue poster brought up Harbaugh’s bowl record neglecting the players Michigan has had sit those out.
Wouldn’t hold your breath on the reciprocation.

Reactions: jace4655555
Just using the same logic Purdue fans used for IU last basketball season. Glad you finally acknowledged Purdue fans were trolling all last season. Thanks!
Not the same logic at all but thanks for trying.

I wasn't that Purdue fan but have you rally had a bunch of guys out for multiple bowls? I really don't know.

Missing Coy Cronk too, out for the season. He was a potential all American lineman. Definitely one of Indiana's 3 best players. Purdue might not be that good if they don't have depth at the QB position. Indiana, 7-2, goes 3 deep at QB. Hell Indiana's biggest issue the past five years was depth. They'd lose games late because teams could wear them down. Indiana has lost a starting QB to injury 3 times in the past 7 years and had never been 3-6 in that stretch. Purdue is 3 and effing 6.

No doubt Cronk is a big loss (and he should’ve been at Purdue this year too and let’s be honest he should’ve been at Purdue all along lol). How many programs could withstand losing 3 scholarship QB’s in one season and not miss a beat? Purdue was fortunate the last few years to have both Sindelar and Blough but that won’t always work out that way. How often in the past 7 years did IU lose 3 QB’s in the same season though? And when you say they lost their starting QB, how many games did they miss? What other players were they missing in addition to their starting QB? IU this year is like Purdue the last few years with Sindelar/Blough in the fact they have both Penix and Ramsey and one of them has stayed healthy.

I think Harbaugh is a good coach no doubt. Not sure of the injuries but I’ll give him a pass on those.

I wasn't that Purdue fan but have you rally had a bunch of guys out for multiple bowls? I really don't know.

Last year we had 4 players out for the bowl game vs Florida:
1st round pick Devin Bush
1st round pick Rashan Gary
Starting RB Karan Higdon
Starting RT Juwan Bushall-Beaty

Last edited:
Starting RB Karan Higdon

Yep that’s missing quite a bit. Def played a role no doubt.

Starting RB Karan Higdon

I recall Bush and Gary now that you mention it. That is definitely impactful.

In 2016 vs Florida State, first round pick Jabril Peppers didn’t play and NFL TE Jake Butt tore his ACL in the first half.

Peppers replacement got absolutely torched by Dalvin Cook.

He should’ve been at Purdue this year? Based on what?

Maybe should’ve was the wrong word. There was a really good chance Cronk was going to play at Purdue this year. One of the main reasons was to be close to his grandfather who was sick. Sadly his grandfather passed away before the season and he didn’t end up transferring. Apparently it was the worst kept secret around town that he was going to transfer but things changed and he didn’t.

No doubt Cronk is a big loss (and he should’ve been at Purdue this year too and let’s be honest he should’ve been at Purdue all along lol). How many programs could withstand losing 3 scholarship QB’s in one season and not miss a beat? Purdue was fortunate the last few years to have both Sindelar and Blough but that won’t always work out that way. How often in the past 7 years did IU lose 3 QB’s in the same season though? And when you say they lost their starting QB, how many games did they miss? What other players were they missing in addition to their starting QB? IU this year is like Purdue the last few years with Sindelar/Blough in the fact they have both Penix and Ramsey and one of them has stayed healthy.
Ignore the trolls. Even his buddy Hail admitted that he is nothing but that.

Last edited:
Maybe should’ve was the wrong word. There was a really good chance Cronk was going to play at Purdue this year. One of the main reasons was to be close to his grandfather who was sick. Sadly his grandfather passed away before the season and he didn’t end up transferring. Apparently it was the worst kept secret around town that he was going to transfer but things changed and he didn’t.

It wasn’t a worst kept secret then it was an option the guy was thinking about that he decided against.

I’ll be interested if he comes back or goes pro. Hoping he cones back for another year.

to update last night
Wieskamp 17:35 minutes, 19 points and 4 rebounds
Fredrick 19:35 18 points, 2 assists and 0 TO's
Garza 16:46 16 points, 3 rebounds
Nunge 23:31 11 points 6 rebounds
Connor 22:44 11 assists, 3 stl and 3 TO's
Toussaint 19:18 7 rebounds, 3 assists and 1 TO.

pretty effective against a cup cake now for the season to get started. to find out how they can do when it matters.

Frankly had no idea those guys sat at. Very fair point, and I really don't blame those kids for doing so.

Frankly had no idea those guys sat at. Very fair point, and I really don't blame those kids for doing so.

Me neither. Jake Butt was projected to be a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Peppers sat out that Orange Bowl but Jake Butt played. Butt ended up tearing his ACL and slid to the 5th.

Happy GameDay lady and gents

giphy.gif

Top 5 things I’m interested to see in the B1G this season.,,
1. How will Illinois perform? Ayo and alphabet were two players who were fun to watch last year and I could see them pushing Illinois towards the top of the conference. Add to that this is a team that should be fully bought in to the Underwood system. Should be fun.
2. MSU has the talent and the coach- can they mesh together to be special - as in is this the year Izzo gets #2? Secondarily does Langford come back and contribute?
3. Can Purdue shoot a high volume of threes at greater than 37%...as in 37.001 or better?
4. Will Md break thru and finally win a conference title and will that cement a long term extension for Turgeon.
5. Will IU beat Purdue this season (or ever again)?

Reactions: Jaycg15
Top 5 things I’m interested to see in the B1G this season.,,
1. How will Illinois perform? Ayo and alphabet were two players who were fun to watch last year and I could see them pushing Illinois towards the top of the conference. Add to that this is a team that should be fully bought in to the Underwood system. Should be fun.
2. MSU has the talent and the coach- can they mesh together to be special - as in is this the year Izzo gets #2? Secondarily does Langford come back and contribute?
3. Can Purdue shoot a high volume of threes at greater than 37%...as in 37.001 or better?
4. Will Md break thru and finally win a conference title and will that cement a long term extension for Turgeon.
5. Will IU beat Purdue this season (or ever again)?
giphy.gif

When you have no rebuttal for your team constantly getting their ass kicked, just call the person gay.

-SNU

The initial USA Today/Sagarin ranking has recently been posted, and it has Purdue listed as 10th. Also listed in the Top 10 are Duke, North Carolina, MSU, Kentucky, Kansas, Louisville, Virginia, Maryland, and Gonzaga.

Not surprisingly, Sagarin also has IU ranked as 10th……

10th in the Big Ten, that is.

Reactions: KisteK
The initial USA Today/Sagarin ranking has recently been posted, and it has Purdue listed as 10th. Also listed in the Top 10 are Duke, North Carolina, MSU, Kentucky, Kansas, Louisville, Virginia, Maryland, and Gonzaga.

Not surprisingly, Sagarin also has IU ranked as 10th……

10th in the Big Ten, that is.
Stolen from your free board. You can’t even come up with your own trolling material.

Reactions: KisteK and Mclovin-
Stolen from your free board. You can’t even come up with your own trolling material.
True this wasn't my comment, i just thought i would share. What's even funnier is that comment was very recently posted yet you already know about it. If I had to guess you're probably the iu fan that has created hundreds of usernames in the last year to troll our board.

True this wasn't my comment, i just thought i would share. What's even funnier is that comment was very recently posted yet you already know about it. If I had to guess you're probably the iu fan that has created hundreds of usernames in the last year to troll our board.
I get on there to read what craziness Nojel’s mom is up to for the day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT