ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

I agree, even though Ellis did his job against PSU, going to need Whop healthy to win it imo.

Man this team is young and has some depth! Hopefully it starts to lead to some consistent 7-10 win seasons.

Any chance Whop leaves for the NFL next year?

Or chalk it up to Iowa once again having an atrocious defense.
sp you are saying a sub .500 Cornell team plays better defense? not likely
in Friday's game they held ORU to 8-23 for 34.8%. bad defenses don't do that, against SIUE they held them to 4-18 from 3 for 22,2% from 3, bad defense not even close.

why is it so hard for you to give the other team ANY CREDIT for what they did on a certain night.

as for Land his 2 previous high games were against Iowa, certain players get hot against certain teams but can't sustain that success vs other teams,

this is not just a Fran thing either I remember a ISU player in the Dr. Tom era who went off for 48 point in their win over Iowa then fall off the planet for the rest of the season,

it happens.

sp you are saying a sub .500 Cornell team plays better defense? not likely
in Friday's game they held ORU to 8-23 for 34.8%. bad defenses don't do that, against SIUE they held them to 4-18 from 3 for 22,2% from 3, bad defense not even close.

why is it so hard for you to give the other team ANY CREDIT for what they did on a certain night.

as for Land his 2 previous high games were against Iowa, certain players get hot against certain teams but can't sustain that success vs other teams,

this is not just a Fran thing either I remember a ISU player in the Dr. Tom era who went off for 48 point in their win over Iowa then fall off the planet for the rest of the season,

it happens.

It’d be one thing if this only happened to Iowa on rare occasions but this has been multiple years of Iowa being terrible on defense. Does Fran just not care?

It seems like blatant late hits like this should be considered targeting. Lot more intent there then some of the targeting calls where the defender pretty much can’t avoid hitting a ball carrier illegally in a bang bang play.
targeting is a helmet to helmet hit. did not see the play but from descriptions it sounds like a roughing the QB Penalty to me.

in the Iowa game Belton for Iowa hit a Minnesota WR one step after the WR dropped the pass and was flagged for a Unsportsman Like penalty,

a step sooner and it a great hit as the ball would have been jarred loose, in this case it was a step late and it became a penalty.

there was nothing malice about the hit as he caught him square in the chest with his forearms,

It’d be one thing if this only happened to Iowa on rare occasions but this has been multiple years of Iowa being terrible on defense. Does Fran just not care?
in the seasons from 12-13 season the adj defenses were at the best 33rd at worst 75th.

its not that he doesn't care as its the makeup of the team that will put in the work to be good defenders.

the additions of Wieskamp and Connor who had 31 and 23 respectively helped Iowa improve from 242 from the 17-18 season to 111th in the 18-19 seasons, this year he has added Toussaint, Fredrick and Nunge who had 25 blocks and 21 steals as a FR.

This year they have 3 new starters so there were going to be lapse at the beginning of the season
DePaul is 5-0 on the season and will play Minnesota and TT in the near future so they will get to show what they can do before the BE season begins,

after the TT and Minnesota game will find out if that was a anomally or will be the norm for DePaul. as for Iowa after 3 games, individuals are having very good games with the only one being consistent being Garza.
even JW has struggled with the dbl teams to be consistant. Fredrick is up and down as well
Connor is steady leader at the point like a PG should. getting assists and doing the things PG's are supposed to do,

It seems like blatant late hits like this should be considered targeting. Lot more intent there then some of the targeting calls where the defender pretty much can’t avoid hitting a ball carrier illegally in a bang bang play.

They ruled it a flagrant personal foul and ejected him from the game as they would a targeting call. I don’t know if he misses the next half of play or not.

Haven’t lost to Indiana in my lifetime and it’s not happening this year
Doesn't matter what has or hasn't happened, in your lifetime. What does matter is Michigan's facing a really good team, on the road. So we'll see. There will be no surprise if Michigan wins. But wouldn't be a surprise either if Indiana were to win.

We'll see.

Doesn't matter what has or hasn't happened, in your lifetime. What does matter is Michigan's facing a really good team, on the road. So we'll see. There will be no surprise if Michigan wins. But wouldn't be a surprise either if Indiana were to win.

We'll see.

“A really good team”

I think your definition of a really good team differs from his. Indiana will be unranked, and I don’t know what their big win is. You guys lost to MSU, and we’re shit.
Not so sure IU will be unranked. CBS sports seems to feel they'll still be in the Top 25. Our best win is @ Nebraska. Understand we lost to you guys---But you guys wasn't the shit show then, that you are now. Regardless of who anyone has, or has not played---Indiana is a really good football team. Hell I was pissed they didn't beat Penn State; should have. And that's a Top 10 team , on the road. Could've folded after falling down 27-14. Same venue where Michigan also lost by 7.

Indiana's going to give Michigan a ton of trouble. Will IU win? I dunno. I don't think its going to be as easy as Hail thinks.

Well, I mean, duh. That's apples vs oranges. Your game is slipping, Hail.

Why is it different than what you said?

Worse Indiana teams than this year have come close to past Michigan teams? Sweet. Worse Michigan teams than this year have best past Indiana teams. Sweet.

Neither point really matters much to me.

Why is it different than what you said?

Worse Indiana teams than this year have come close to past Michigan teams? Sweet. Worse Michigan teams than this year have best past Indiana teams. Sweet.

Neither point really matters much to me.
We'll see Saturday. Like I said---an IU loss Satruday would come as no surprise. Nor would an IU win.

They ruled it a flagrant personal foul and ejected him from the game as they would a targeting call. I don’t know if he misses the next half of play or not.
yes since if it happened in the 2nd half he will miss the 1st half of the next game, but if it happened in the 1st half he will be eligible to start the next game,

hope that helps

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Possibly. Glad you have the confidence you do. Will make it much sweeter IF Indiana does win.

Why wouldn’t I be confident? Michigan has won 23 straight vs Indiana and that includes the Hoke / Rich Rod era when all the programs were getting their wins in.

Harbaugh has Michigan rolling the past few games.

Hail, you guys will more than likely finish the regular season 9-3, and are you as a UM fan satisfied with that? Not trying to be troll, but at what year does Harbaugh have to at least make it to the Big Ten championship game.

I don’t really care. Things are better than they were. Ohio State is one of the top 2 or 3 programs in the country right now. I’m not going to support firing Harbaugh and possibly getting more RichRod/Hoke years all because we aren’t on Ohio State’s level.

Last year Michigan was 8-1 in conference with a road loss to OSU and a road win over the team that won the Big Ten West.

I’d love to scrap divisions or be in a division that OSU isn’t in but since that’s not happening I’m not going to worry about it. Harbaugh will make it eventually but until that happens I don’t have delusions that another coach could walk in and unseat Ohio State.

Honestly, having watched a bunch of Big Ten football this year, I'm not sure there is a really good team in the Big Ten outside of Ohio State. It looks like the Buckeyes then a handful of solid but largely unproven teams.

Michigan has a really nice win over Notre Dame but their 2nd best win is over an Iowa team that is severely offensively challenged. Wisconsin beat the aforementioned Michigan and Iowa teams but that's it. Minnesota beat Penn State but that's it. Penn State beat Michigan and Iowa but that's it. IU has beaten no one of note.

What is the 2nd best non-conference win for the Big Ten (after UM over ND) if you exclude OSU (who does have a blowout of a solid UC team)?

Why wouldn’t I be confident? Michigan has won 23 straight vs Indiana and that includes the Hoke / Rich Rod era when all the programs were getting their wins in.

Harbaugh has Michigan rolling the past few games.
Oh, I'd be confident too. But I'd also probably realize it ain't going to be as easy as you think. YOur post insinuate this will be an easy "W". I don't think that'll be the case at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT