ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Yup, after being down almost 20 points. They beat a good 3pt shooting B10 team.

giphy.gif

Didn’t Marquette beat some B1G team?
Are you referencing them beating IU in the “secret scrimmage” ? I wouldn’t consider that a loss by IU even though it’s the only game they have played anyone rated better than 300. Laughing

It's cupcake week (or at least early week) for the Big Ten. Looking at the next game each team plays, 12 of the 14 teams have a 91% or better chance of winning according to KenPom. The only teams lower are Minnesota (83% over #155 CMU) and Northwestern (72% over #135 Radford).

It's cupcake week (or at least early week) for the Big Ten. Looking at the next game each team plays, 12 of the 14 teams have a 91% or better chance of winning according to KenPom. The only teams lower are Minnesota (83% over #155 CMU) and Northwestern (72% over #135 Radford).
I was just looking at that, too.

The most compelling matchups this week look to be PSU/Bucknell on Tuesday or George Mason/Wisky on Friday.

I was just looking at that, too.

The most compelling matchups this week look to be PSU/Bucknell on Tuesday or George Mason/Wisky on Friday.
Yep. Glad preseason tournaments are coming up. It's hard to get a read on teams given the disparity in schedules. Here are the early season SOS' for B1G teams:

20 MSU
44 Minnesota
81 Illinois
83 OSU
179 Wisconsin
186 Purdue
195 Northwestern
262 Michigan
268 Iowa
277 Maryland
307 Nebraska
322 Rutgers
344 Penn State
346 Indiana

Yep. Glad preseason tournaments are coming up. It's hard to get a read on teams given the disparity in schedules. Here are the early season SOS' for B1G teams:

20 MSU
44 Minnesota
81 Illinois
83 OSU
179 Wisconsin
186 Purdue
195 Northwestern
262 Michigan
268 Iowa
277 Maryland
307 Nebraska
322 Rutgers
344 Penn State
346 Indiana

Michigan’s stretch coming up is brutal. Wish we weren’t down a starter for it.

20 MSU
44 Minnesota
81 Illinois
83 OSU
179 Wisconsin
186 Purdue
195 Northwestern
262 Michigan
268 Iowa
277 Maryland
307 Nebraska
322 Rutgers
344 Penn State
346 Indiana
Is that year to date or non con all together?

MSU's should drop after tonight since we're playing a school from Charleston that isnt even College of Charleston.

Is that year to date or non con all together?

MSU's should drop after tonight since we're playing a school from Charleston that isnt even College of Charleston.
Year to date. KenPom doesn't provide all full non-con until it's been played.

Reactions: Sparty_0n
Update:
Indiana 3pt%: 36.2
Purdue 3pt%: 32.6
Serious question: Is Archie's long-term plan to shoot so few 3s? I know it's early in the season, but IU's sitting at #300 in 3s taken which is pretty on par for the last 2 years.

Serious question: Is Archie's long-term plan to shoot so few 3s? I know it's early in the season, but IU's sitting at #300 in 3s taken which is pretty on par for the last 2 years.

His teams have never heavily relied upon 3s but I think its being accentuated with our guards having some health issues and Justin Smith and TJD dominating a lot of the touches early on.

Joey Hauser is meeting with the NCAA today. He may get granted eligibility for the second half of the season, as he did technically come to Marquette for the whole semester before his freshman year. Would be huge for us.

His teams have never heavily relied upon 3s but I think its being accentuated with our guards having some health issues and Justin Smith and TJD dominating a lot of the touches early on.
Makes sense.

If Purdue stays near the top third of 3s taken per game, and IU hovers around the 300 mark, it's gonna be pretty difficult for this Purdue to shoot a better clip. As I said before the season, we're gonna rely heavily on the 3 ball and I think we'll be pretty streaky.

Reactions: theetommyt
Joey Hauser is meeting with the NCAA today. He may get granted eligibility for the second half of the season, as he did technically come to Marquette for the whole semester before his freshman year. Would be huge for us.
He should be able to submit that Wisky crossover clip as evidence of potential defamation of character.

Makes sense.

If Purdue stays near the top third of 3s taken per game, and IU hovers around the 300 mark, it's gonna be pretty difficult for this Purdue to shoot a better clip. As I said before the season, we're gonna rely heavily on the 3 ball and I think we'll be pretty streaky.
Why though? With Haarms and Williams, I would have thought you guys would try and pound the ball inside. At least try to establish the presence in the paint to maybe open things up more for your shooters.

That little mama's boy got a meeting before Potter? **** him and the NCAA.

Reactions: KisteK
Why though? With Haarms and Williams, I would have thought you guys would try and pound the ball inside. At least try to establish the presence in the paint to maybe open things up more for your shooters.
I thought this team would have offensive issues, and settle for too many 3s when possessions bogged down. They absolutely need to pound the ball down low more, and it appears that is a major work in progress. Generally speaking the ability to be effective in the post hinges heavily on your ability to make shots, but at this point it appears that actually post-entry savvy is the bigger issue.

ADVERTISEMENT