ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Some of the crazies were ready to fire him last year. Don't forget that the percentage of fans on say "The Hoosier" are a very, very small percentage. Unless there is a disaster this season Archie will be IU's basketball next year.

His head does kind of look like a basketball

Reactions: VulvHa
Aherns playing tomorrow night...
...for three minutes before he double rolls both ankles

Reactions: SpartanJD
Romeo Langford already assigned to celtics g-league, no surprise there. Carsen>Romeo

Romeo Langford already assigned to celtics g-league, no surprise there. Carsen>Romeo
Boston is loaded with depth at his position. He's been injured. He's going to get some time in. Thomas Bryant put his time in at the G-League level and is now playing really well. My guess is Romeo is going to be back after he gets some time in.

Where's Swanigan? Lulz....

giphy.gif

Last edited:
IU losing Green is huge. Hopefully he can heal up quickly.
Hamstring injuries can be finicky. Sounds like Archie is letting him sit until he’s 100% so there won’t be any additional aggravation down the line.

I do think we’re missing out on critical time on the floor with our backcourt.

Hamstring injuries can be finicky. Sounds like Archie is letting him sit until he’s 100% so there won’t be any additional aggravation down the line.

I do think we’re missing out on critical time on the floor with our backcourt.
Fortunately your non-conference schedule is very easy until FSU on 12/3. He's got another month to get healthy.

IU losing Green is huge. Hopefully he can heal up quickly.

100% projected leading scorer. Good news is IU doesn't really play anyone with pulse until Princeton on 11/20.

It would be really nice to get him back for this stretch, before the December games begin.

Wed., Nov. 20
vs. Princeton

Mon., Nov. 25
vs. Louisiana Tech

Sat., Nov. 30
vs. South Dakota State

Exactly. I'd hold out both Phinisee and Green.
You definitely don’t rush these guys back, but both of our teams need reps badly as guys break in new roles.

and in Purdue’s case, we have tough games coming up fast.

Just adding that allowing these guys time to get healthy could result in some lengthened learning curves.

All those NBA players & missed the past 7 out of 11 tournaments. Yikes. Sick
In fairness, Yogi, Bryant, Oladipo, Zeller, and Anunoby, ...all played on Big 10 title teams..All played in the SW 16, as well.
Only Vonleh and Langford failed to play in the NCAAT.

With the season about to start, I want to say good luck to rest of the Big Ten, for purely selfish reasons. I just want our wins to look better, or losses to look not as bad. I hope everyone but Michigan goes undefeated in the non-con.
With the tough schedules that non-Iowa teams have put together, I don’t see anyone going undefeated in the non-con.

Gil - Just joking

With the tough schedules that non-Iowa teams have put together, I don’t see anyone going undefeated in the non-con.

Gil - Just joking
yeah Iowa is playing the easiest of the schedule
TT Runnerup in the NCAAT Champhionship
ACC/BT Challenge Syracue
Gavitt Games BE/BT Challenge DePaul
ISU
Neutal Cincinnati
Creighton or SDSU in the 2nd game of the Las Vegas Invitational

yup a full slate of cupcakes.

ADVERTISEMENT