ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

I don’t think so. It was a thing in my early days on the mainboard but that’s been 8-10 years now.

yikes I remember that vividly in its infancy. @klize17 ive bought a 6 pack of zombie dust every day for like the last 14 days, let me know if you want some shipped your way. I go into a local store for bourbon every day and always grab one.

Last edited:
Teske 27.9 mpg 9.7 ppg 52.1% from the field, 59.3 % from the FTL and 29.9% from 3 4th on the team on a team with 3 players in DBL Digit scoring
Garza 23.6 mpg 13.1 ppg 53.1% from the field, 80.4% from the FTL and 29.2% from 3 2nd on the team on a team with 4 players in DBL Digit scoring.

Garza = better scorer better shooter from the field and the FTL vs Teske.

Teske a better rim protector and better 3pt shooter

You just listed what they did. You didn't defend a single player from being bad. They were. The end.

Not a single one of them averaged more than 8 ppg for a high major. Those are bad players. If that's blowing it to hell, it's no wonder that you think Fran is a good coach still. You have to have the lowest expectations to pretend that any of those guys were worth a scholarship.
Gabe avg 8.3 ppg in 18.4 mpg coming off the bench is the roll of the 6th man plus he avg 4.8 rpg and 1.5 bpg, 3rd on the team in scoring. his SR year Iowa went 12-6 finishing 3rd and a 1st rnd win in the NCAAT.

hmmm if that's failing I will take those players every time,
Connor was 8th on the team with 4 players in dbl digits but was 2nd on the team in assists with 23 steals

Connor was not expected to be a scorer as he was expected to be the backup to Jordan and has that backup was 2nd on the team in assists.
he was not a failure.
Pemsl was a starter as a FR and avg 9.0 ppg in 19.0 mpg being the teams 4th leading scorer behind Jok, Cook and Jordan.
as a FR that team went 10-8 and a T-5th. failure not even close. in fact last season before that season ending surgery was a big reason why Iowa beat ISU.
again you prove just as big a fool as ever.

yikes I remember that vividly in its infancy. @klize17 ive bought a 6 pack of zombie dust every day for like the last 14 days, let me know if you want some shipped your way. I go into a local store for bourbon every day and always grab one.

That’s a big ole yep...I am about to send @otte21 some Reno local this weekend.

Reactions: SNU0821 and otte21
Teske a better rim protector and better 3pt shooter
Teske totally healthy 23-77 from 3
Garza recovery from stomach surgery 21-72 from 3, not much of a difference made 2 more 3's on 5 more shots while playing 4.9 mpg more per game.

better shooter from 3 not even close as Teske was fully healthy vs Garza who played hurt all season long.

subpnYi.png

Most difficult Big Ten non-conference schedules according to this Matt Norlander's methodology:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...-schedules-in-college-basketball-for-2019-20/

Purdue (7th among 92 major conference teams + top mid-majors) - 15 points
MSU (9th) - 14.5
Wisconsin (12th) - 14
Michigan (17th) - 11.5
Iowa (28th) - 10
OSU (41st) - 9
Minnesota (46th) - 8.5
Maryland (51st) - 8
Northwestern (70th) - 5
Illinois (73rd) - 4.5
Nebraska (78th) - 3
PSU (83rd) - 2
IU (85th) - 1.5
Rutgers (89th) - (1.5)

A few notables:
  • MSU has the most KenPom top 25 opponents at 4. Purdue, Wisconsin, Michigan and OSU each have 3
  • Purdue and Michigan have the most KenPom top 50 opponents at 6. Wisconsin and OSU have 5 each
  • MSU and Michigan have the most opponents who played in last year's NCAA's at 5. 4 teams have 4.
  • IU is the only B1G team with zero true road games. Note - this isn't trolling. It's just sharing a fact.
  • Nebraska and Rutgers have the most KenPom sub 200 opponents wtih 6 each. Michigan, OSU and IU have 5.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
Most difficult Big Ten non-conference schedules according to this Matt Norlander's methodology:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...-schedules-in-college-basketball-for-2019-20/

Purdue (7th among 92 major conference teams + top mid-majors) - 15 points
MSU (9th) - 14.5
Wisconsin (12th) - 14
Michigan (17th) - 11.5
Iowa (28th) - 10
OSU (41st) - 9
Minnesota (46th) - 8.5
Maryland (51st) - 8
Northwestern (70th) - 5
Illinois (73rd) - 4.5
Nebraska (78th) - 3
PSU (83rd) - 2
IU (85th) - 1.5
Rutgers (89th) - (1.5)

A few notables:
  • MSU has the most KenPom top 25 opponents at 4. Purdue, Wisconsin, Michigan and OSU each have 3
  • Purdue and Michigan have the most KenPom top 50 opponents at 6. Wisconsin and OSU have 5 each
  • MSU and Michigan have the most opponents who played in last year's NCAA's at 5. 4 teams have 4.
  • IU is the only B1G team with zero true road games. Note - this isn't trolling. It's just sharing a fact.
  • Nebraska and Rutgers have the most KenPom sub 200 opponents wtih 6 each. Michigan, OSU and IU have 5.
Even though Purdue ranks slightly higher, I still think MSU’s is more difficult. The cupcakes we play are just really really bad, and that’s sort of hard to control. Playing Duke, Kentucky, At #12 Seton Hall, and probably Kansas in Maui is very difficult.

I like Fran's OOC schedule. the LV Invitational these he has no control over
the 1st 2 games set up by the LV Invitational Committee
TT in the 1st game in Vegas
Creighton or SDSU in the 2nd game in Vegas
Gavitt games BE vs BT DePaule
ACC/BT Syracuse
B4 ISU
Nuetral Cincinnati he did have a say in
one report said that Iowa could play 7 teams that finished in the top 100 last season, will they be there this year? who knows, changes to rosters good or bad have affects on the teams.
this should give people a good idea of how Iowa will do
early BT Games
@ Michigan
H Minnesota

I like Fran's OOC schedule. the LV Invitational these he has no control over
the 1st 2 games set up by the LV Invitational Committee
TT in the 1st game in Vegas
Creighton or SDSU in the 2nd game in Vegas
Gavitt games BE vs BT DePaule
ACC/BT Syracuse
B4 ISU
Nuetral Cincinnati he did have a say in
one report said that Iowa could play 7 teams that finished in the top 100 last season, will they be there this year? who knows, changes to rosters good or bad have affects on the teams.
this should give people a good idea of how Iowa will do
early BT Games
@ Michigan
H Minnesota
Nice, so did you or did you not plant drugs on black men and get kicked out of the force?

Reactions: SNU0821
Nice, so did you or did you not plant drugs on black men and get kicked out of the force?
nope on the planting of drugs, had to give up police work due to a knee injury.

grew up in a neighborhood where there were only 4 white families in a 12 block radius, most of my friends were AA, most still are, [that are still in the area or alive]

my great grandson is biraccccial and the boys father finally ask my grandaughter to marry him better late than never.:)

but hey me and my wife didn't married till a month after the 1st one born so who am I to judge. Winking

Gabe avg 8.3 ppg in 18.4 mpg coming off the bench is the roll of the 6th man plus he avg 4.8 rpg and 1.5 bpg, 3rd on the team in scoring. his SR year Iowa went 12-6 finishing 3rd and a 1st rnd win in the NCAAT.

hmmm if that's failing I will take those players every time,
Connor was 8th on the team with 4 players in dbl digits but was 2nd on the team in assists with 23 steals

Connor was not expected to be a scorer as he was expected to be the backup to Jordan and has that backup was 2nd on the team in assists.
he was not a failure.
Pemsl was a starter as a FR and avg 9.0 ppg in 19.0 mpg being the teams 4th leading scorer behind Jok, Cook and Jordan.
as a FR that team went 10-8 and a T-5th. failure not even close. in fact last season before that season ending surgery was a big reason why Iowa beat ISU.
again you prove just as big a fool as ever.
Have you seen your recruiting class? You're getting role players every time, so congrats!

Pemsl is the only one on the list that could end up being decent, but he's regressed each season.

Have you seen your recruiting class? You're getting role players every time, so congrats!

Pemsl is the only one on the list that could end up being decent, but he's regressed each season.
no he has had to have surgery after each season last year after he played vs ISU he had season ending surgery that's why he RS'd

as for last seasons recruiting class the top recruit
F Patrick was a top 100 4*
PG Tuissant was a grade 80 4* by ESPN and was a finalist for the state of NY Mr. BB and the MVP of the NYC Championship MVP
247 Labels Toussaint the steal of the 2019 class,

there is nothing wrong with 19 recruiting class,

RSFR Fredrick was the Kentucky Gatorade POY and MVP of the single class Championship
as a SR he scored over 900 points, made 102 3's shooting 48% from 3 and 52% from the field, he is also originally from Cincinnatti, playing/starting on the Indiana Elite AAU team,

not only is he a scorer but he is a top defender on the perimeter.

this is what both Fredrick and Toussaint bring to this team.

How does one pronounce biraccccial?
my C keeps sticking and multiple C's keep popping up. most times I can catch it and correct it that time I didn't. have to wait till we can get out to take the key board to Best Buy where I bought it to see if they can fix it,

I will try to make sure I can make sure to correct the multiplicity of the C's.

Reactions: Jaycg15
nope on the planting of drugs, had to give up police work due to a knee injury.

grew up in a neighborhood where there were only 4 white families in a 12 block radius, most of my friends were AA, most still are, [that are still in the area or alive]

my great grandson is biraccccial and the boys father finally ask my grandaughter to marry him better late than never.:)

but hey me and my wife didn't married till a month after the 1st one born so who am I to judge. Winking
Well, if this is the case, Hawkit has thrown out some fcked up accusations.

Well, if this is the case, Hawkit has thrown out some fcked up accusations.
can't help it that people that don't know me and my past have no clue about me.
for years I volunteer at the Waterloo Boys and Girls club, for close to 35 years I was a volunteer for the Big Brother Big Sister organization, have cousins who have adopted children of different nationalities and AA children my fathers side of the family is very diverse in who they adopt.

told some friends of mine that I was accused of being a racist the reaction was varied from wanting to meet these people face to face and have them tell them to their face how they thought I was racist then give them some wall to wall consultation to laughing so hard that they started to cough.

the ones that wanted to give them some wall to wall consultation were black/AA,

no he has had to have surgery after each season last year after he played vs ISU he had season ending surgery that's why he RS'd

PG Tuissant was a grade 80 4* by ESPN and was a finalist for the state of NY Mr. BB and the MVP of the NYC Championship MVP

RSFR Fredrick was the Kentucky Gatorade POY and MVP of the single class Championship
as a SR he scored over 900 points, made 102 3's shooting 48% from 3 and 52% from the field, he is also originally from Cincinnatti, playing/starting on the Indiana Elite AAU team,

He means your 2020 class.

He means your 2020 class.
the 20 class has yet to be finished
Ulis has led his teams to 53 wins the last 2 season
the Murray twins have gone from 6'5 SG's to 6'8 F's and from 175 lbs to 200 lbs for one and 215 lbs for the other, as 6'5 SG's and them being a package deal kept alot of teams from offering. not even Fran was interested in them and they played their HS BB in Cedar Rapids just 30 minutes away,
now they are both 6'8 and are playing at the DME Acadamie and played in the DME Showcase where Fran went down to watch them after the New AC watched them and asked Fran to come down and watched them, these were there watching them as well
Auburn coaches
UCF coaches
USF coaches
Florida coaches
FSU coaches
Miami coaches

Fran offered and they committed the offers surprised their Father Kenyon Murray

not to many are upset with the offers or commitments, both can shoot and are very good defenders on the perimeter, as they can defend the 1-2-3 and 4 equally well and dribble the ball as they were Guards,

neither will be called upon to be major cccontributors in their FR or SO years.

Perkins looks pretty good in his video's, very solid defensive player nice dribble drive and ability to finish at the rim,

defense and the dribble drive look to be his strenghts.

these address Fran's biggest needs
Defensive players
athletic dribble drive players.

getting Foster will make this a very good class.

Last edited:
Reactions: KisteK
the Murray twins have gone from 6'5 SG's to 6'5 F's and from 175 lbs to 200 lbs for one and 215 lbs for the other, as 6'5 SG's and them being a package deal kept alot of teams from offering. not even Fran was interested in them and they played their HS BB in Cedar Rapids just 30 minutes away,
now they are both 6'8 and are playing at the DME Acadamie and played in the DME Showcase where Fran went down to watch them after the New AC watched them and asked Fran to come down and watched them, these were there watching them as well
Auburn coaches
UCF coaches
USF coaches
Florida coaches
FSU coaches
Miami coaches

not to many are upset with the offers or commitments, both can shoot and are very good defenders on the perimeter, as they can defend the 1-2-3 and 4 equally well and dribble the ball as they were Guards,

Perkins looks pretty good in his video's, very solid defensive player nice dribble drive and ability to finish at the rim,

Defensive players

yore 2020 class is crap. No way to spin it.

Reactions: JRMSU and Jaycg15
the Murray twins have gone from 6'5 SG's to 6'5 F's and from 175 lbs to 200 lbs for one and 215 lbs for the other, as 6'5 SG's and them being a package deal kept alot of teams from offering. not even Fran was interested in them and they played their HS BB in Cedar Rapids just 30 minutes away,
Auburn coaches
UCF coaches
USF coaches
Florida coaches
FSU coaches
Miami coaches

Defensive players

Nobody had any idea who Perkins was when he committed to LN. He wasn’t on anyone’s radar until he committed to Iowa.

You don't have a single player ranked by Rivals in 2020. https://iowa.rivals.com/commitments/basketball/2020

You can spin it however you want, but there's not a single team in the B10 that would trade their class for yours.

Recruited in 2010. 9 years ago.

Recruited in 2011. 8 years ago.

Recruited in 2012. 7 years ago.
Recruited in 2013. 6 years ago.

Recruited in 2016. 3 years ago.

You keep using these examples. They're ancient in basketball years. It doesn't mean that any of the guys he's recruiting now are going to pan out.

Here are low-ranked guys he's missed terribly on in the same stretch:
Gabe Olaseni
Josh Oglesby
Kyle Meyer
Patrick Ingram
Dominique Uhl
Brady Ellingson
Trey Dickerson
Christian Williams
Ahmad Wagner
Andrew Fleming
Cordell Pemsl
Connor McCaffery
CJ Fredrick

Thats just mean

Reactions: KisteK and Jaycg15
I’m sure that’s the kind of recruiting class Iowa fans want to see in year 10 of Fran.
they are Fran's recruits and Iowa's HC,

Been reading the HR and HN board and most ignoring the lack of stars and are concentrating more on their atheltic and defensive abilities.

players that don't score and play defense get ignored by the rating people and by the elite teams, as they look at the big time scorers and AAU teams ball hogs. the players that play defense get ignored it has always been that way.

Fran looks for players that will fit his scheme,

these players fit his scheme but with a defensive attitude. He won't get the 5* players but will get the rare top 50 player and players in the 75 to 150 range, then fill in the roster with under the radar players.

Ugundele is not even in the ESPN Data base,
Foster is in that 51-65 range, 4*
Ulis is a grade 79 by ESPN one point below a grade 80 4* in your face defender and dribbling PG
Perkins is a grade 77 by ESPN. high 3* another in your face defender that can dribble drive, dish and finish at the rim.

not exactly bottom of the barrel players, these are the players that have been missing on the defensive side of the ball.

the biggest gripe has been the lack of dribble drive guards and defensive in your face defenders.

this is what Toussaint brings. Fran is adjusting who and what type of players he is recruiting,

just like the Twins Fran's new assistant who is the defensive coach is the one that watched them and asked Fran to look at them, the new coach is a ex HC at a D1 College that made the NCAAT so he knows the type of players needed to make the NCAAT, Speraw was the HC for 17 years for UCF. getting his coaching start at Florida under Lon Kruger.
Taylor was a HC for 18 years before joining Fran's staff,

somehow I will trust a staff with 2 former HC with 17+ years experience with teams making multiple trips to the NCAAT under their leadership.

they are Fran's recruits and Iowa's HC,

Been reading the HR and HN board and most ignoring the lack of stars and are concentrating more on their atheltic and defensive abilities.

players that don't score and play defense get ignored by the rating people and by the elite teams, as they look at the big time scorers and AAU teams ball hogs. the players that play defense get ignored it has always been that way.

Fran looks for players that will fit his scheme,

these players fit his scheme but with a defensive attitude. He won't get the 5* players but will get the rare top 50 player and players in the 75 to 150 range, then fill in the roster with under the radar players.

Ugundele is not even in the ESPN Data base,
Foster is in that 51-65 range, 4*
Ulis is a grade 79 by ESPN one point below a grade 80 4* in your face defender and dribbling PG
Perkins is a grade 77 by ESPN. high 3* another in your face defender that can dribble drive, dish and finish at the rim.

not exactly bottom of the barrel players, these are the players that have been missing on the defensive side of the ball.

the biggest gripe has been the lack of dribble drive guards and defensive in your face defenders.

this is what Toussaint brings. Fran is adjusting who and what type of players he is recruiting,

just like the Twins Fran's new assistant who is the defensive coach is the one that watched them and asked Fran to look at them, the new coach is a ex HC at a D1 College that made the NCAAT so he knows the type of players needed to make the NCAAT, Speraw was the HC for 17 years for UCF. getting his coaching start at Florida under Lon Kruger.
Taylor was a HC for 18 years before joining Fran's staff,

somehow I will trust a staff with 2 former HC with 17+ years experience with teams making multiple trips to the NCAAT under their leadership.

People that do ratings rate guys that play defense and don’t score a ton. Iowa’s commitments just simply aren’t good enough to be ranked. Not hard to grasp.

Reactions: Jaycg15
People that do ratings rate guys that play defense and don’t score a ton. Iowa’s commitments just simply aren’t good enough to be ranked. Not hard to grasp.
we shall see going forward now won't we.

Player are judged by their offers, in this case Ugudele top offers are theses
Cincinnati finished #22 from the AAC
Iowa
Rutgers from the BT
Virginia Tech finished #16 in the final Poll from the ACC
so that shows that major teams are interested Funny that he is not ranked but has offers from a ACC team that finished in the top 20
and a AAC team that finished in the top 25.

I will take those type of players in every class,

30 minutes until the basketball season starts! No idea what to expect from this Michigan team so I’m just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

for those bashing the 20 class, figured I would put the lineup together for the 20-21 season
1 SO Toussaint backup FR Ulis
2 RSSO Fredrick backup RSJR Connor then FR Perkins
3 JR Wieskamp backup SO Patrick then Kris Murray
4 RSJR Nunge backup RSSR Pemsl then FR Foster FR Keegan Murray as more of a stretch 4
5 SR Garza backup FR Ugundele

none of them will be needed to be starters with a couple needed as backups.

Purdue up 72-36 against Southern Indiana 11 to go in the 2nd half.

very unselfish team. Shooting it well. Some issues with feeding the post. A lot of turnovers in that area.

Wheeler with 17 on 6-7 shooting, 4-4 from three.

Haarms with 14. Proctor with 10. Williams with 10.

ADVERTISEMENT