***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

hmmm C Ugundele is AA and has offeres from
Cincinnati
Rutgers
Virginia Tech
Iowa
Rhode Island
+ a total of 14 more offers.
current height and weight 6'11 255 lbs, a better rim protector than Cook, only had 3 offers till Fran offered since then Rutgers, AND 14 more school have offered,

Why does rim protecting matter now?

Reactions: MGC_07
Gil seems to clearly know more than these Rivals guys. I mean, this guy is 6’11, very athletic, can shoot the 3, and can be a great rim protector.

Him being ranked #299 was a big mistake by those Rivals guys.

3 stars turning into All Americans happens but it’s rare. You can’t say every 3 star is a good recruit but a 3 star has had a good career before. A majority of the time they don’t.
yes there are those that don't pan out but they ussually don't finish their careers, now do they?

they leave and they are replaced, this years team primary players are these
Top 100 FR Patrick
Top 100 #42 by Rival SO Wieskamp preseason All BT Teamer
Top 100 by ESPN 4* by Rivals RSSO Connor
Top 100 by ESPN 4* by Rivals JR Garza

that 4 4* by both Rivals and ESPN and 4 Top 100 players by ESPN that will be playing
Toussaint was a 4* by ESPN
Jordan was a 4* by ESPN was a 3rd Team All BT Team as a JR,
Uthoff was a 4* by ESPN ended up 1st Team All BT and 2nd Team AA.

Looks like ESPN had it on the rankings for Iowa commits.

Gil seems to clearly know more than these Rivals guys. I mean, this guy is 6’11, very athletic, can shoot the 3, and can be a great rim protector.

Him being ranked #299 was a big mistake by those Rivals guys.
not surprising as the only way players get a decent ranking is by getting elite offers, also he is from Europe and has been playing in the US for a couple years.

Recruited in 2010. 9 years ago.

Recruited in 2011. 8 years ago.

Recruited in 2012. 7 years ago.
Recruited in 2013. 6 years ago.

Recruited in 2016. 3 years ago.

You keep using these examples. They're ancient in basketball years. It doesn't mean that any of the guys he's recruiting now are going to pan out.

Here are low-ranked guys he's missed terribly on in the same stretch:
Gabe Olaseni
Josh Oglesby
Kyle Meyer
Patrick Ingram
Dominique Uhl
Brady Ellingson
Trey Dickerson
Christian Williams
Ahmad Wagner
Andrew Fleming
Cordell Pemsl
Connor McCaffery
CJ Fredrick
Olaseni does not belong on nor do Connor or Fredrick. Fredrick has yet to play, Connor is just a RSSO who is playing BB and Baseball, Pemsl started 15 games as a FR
as a SR Olaseni was 3rd in scoring, 4.8 rpg, 1.5 bpg while coming off the bench as the 6th man.
neither Olaseni or Pemsl were failures

you are the failure, also a lot of those players never finished their time at Iowa,

You arent starting our in season thread you pile of shit.

Gtfo Mark Furman

its what Iowa needs as they have plenty of shooters. plus rim protectors improve the team defense as the back stop to preventing the dribble drive, this has been missing the last few years,

You didn’t care about rim protecting when comparing Teske to cook

Olaseni does not belong on nor do Connor or Fredrick. Fredrick has yet to play, Connor is just a RSSO who is playing BB and Baseball, Pemsl started 15 games as a FR
as a SR Olaseni was 3rd in scoring, 4.8 rpg, 1.5 bpg while coming off the bench as the 6th man.
neither Olaseni or Pemsl were failures

you are the failure, also a lot of those players never finished their time at Iowa,
Olaseni started one game his entire career. He scored 3 points or less in over half of his games. That's not a good player.

If Connor isn't good because Connor is also playing baseball, that's Connor's own dumb fault. Connor was statistically more likely to turn the ball over 3x than he was to score more than 6 points. He scored less than 3 points in 58% of his contests. He's not very good.

If you consider career bench warmers as successes, that's a very low bar to clear.

So they moved their threads into my thread? Just so everyone knows .

So they moved their threads into my thread? Just so everyone knows .
I don't think you get it. They moved our threads into Gil's thread and then used the typical convention for naming this thread.

I don't think you get it. They moved our threads into Gil's thread and then used the typical convention for naming this thread.

I think it just sorts by time. But that is indeed my thread title. Your two threads show as “moved”.

giphy.gif

I think it just sorts by time. But that is indeed my thread title. Your two threads show as “moved”.

giphy.gif
When I put you on ignore, the thread stays. When I put Gil on ignore, it disappears. Looks like Gil owns your thread now!

You didn’t care about rim protecting when comparing Teske to cook
never compared Cook to Teske. it was Garza and Teske. Garza as a FR led the team in blocks with 32, last season he played while recovering from having a 9 lb cyst removed from his stomach, on October 23rd. this hurt his SO #'s in reguards to blocked shots. but he did improve his scoring from 11.8 ppg to 13. ppg avg 23 mpg as a FR and as a SO.

he avg'd 4.6 rpg as a SO vs 6.3 rpg as a FR, this season he goes into it fully healthy and becomes the go to guy in the middle with Cook gone, also Nunge returns and he was 2nd on the team in Blocks with 25, 5th in scoring.
a nice combination a 7'0 4 and 6'11 5 both can shoot from 3, block shots and rebound.

from the videos Ogundele is more aggressive at both, as I said he reminds me of Acie Earle who holds the all time record for blocks in Iowa's history.

Olaseni started one game his entire career. He scored 3 points or less in over half of his games. That's not a good player.

If Connor isn't good because Connor is also playing baseball, that's Connor's own dumb fault. Connor was statistically more likely to turn the ball over 3x than he was to score more than 6 points. He scored less than 3 points in 58% of his contests. He's not very good.

If you consider career bench warmers as successes, that's a very low bar to clear.
Gabe had only been playing BB for 3 years and was from Europe, most Hawk fans were hoping he would RS, as for not starting he did not like starting and preferred coming off the bench.

you don't judge a player off how he starts his college career but off how he ends his college career,

only a hater does that. if every player was judge off their 1st year or 2 years then 90% of the players would be considered failures by you,

You keep using these examples. They're ancient in basketball years. It doesn't mean that any of the guys he's recruiting now are going to pan out.

Gabe Olaseni
Josh Oglesby
Kyle Meyer
Patrick Ingram
Dominique Uhl
Brady Ellingson
Trey Dickerson
Christian Williams
Ahmad Wagner
Andrew Fleming
Cordell Pemsl
Connor McCaffery
CJ Fredrick
here is the break down
Gabe already stated how he finished
Ogelsby was a Rival top 150 player from the state of Iowa
Kyle transferred to Houston after his RSFR Season and never played
Ingram came in under a cloud of academics led to him leaving after his FR seasons
Uhl stayed all 4 years and is now playing in Germany in a Euro league team
Brady fiunshed his career at Drake
Chris transferred to Akron
Wagner is now playing FB for Kentucky which most felt is what he should have been playing in the 1st place
Andrew was a 2 time Tennessee Mr. BB then finished his HS career at Oak Hill academy, then got homesick and transferred to a smaller school close to home, Failure maybe but not the 1st kid to get home sick and leave,
Cordell just RS'd and has 2 years left. failure not even close
Connor is just entering his 2nd year of playing both BB and Baseball, failure not even close

Connor in a exhibition game with a semi-pro baseball team from Canada went 4-5 with 3 dbls and 1 HR, now that Connor has settled into balancing academics and 2 sports he will be better this year.

Gabe Olaseni
Josh Oglesby
Kyle Meyer
Patrick Ingram
Dominique Uhl
Brady Ellingson
Trey Dickerson
Christian Williams
Ahmad Wagner
Andrew Fleming
Cordell Pemsl
Connor McCaffery
CJ Fredrick
how is Fredrick a terrible miss as he has not even played a game?
and I just blew your list all to hell, listing players that are still playing or just getting started just shows how ignorant you really are,

never compared Cook to Teske. it was Garza and Teske. Garza as a FR led the team in blocks with 32, last season he played while recovering from having a 9 lb cyst removed from his stomach, on October 23rd. this hurt his SO #'s in reguards to blocked shots. but he did improve his scoring from 11.8 ppg to 13. ppg avg 23 mpg as a FR and as a SO.

he avg'd 4.6 rpg as a SO vs 6.3 rpg as a FR, this season he goes into it fully healthy and becomes the go to guy in the middle with Cook gone, also Nunge returns and he was 2nd on the team in Blocks with 25, 5th in scoring.
a nice combination a 7'0 4 and 6'11 5 both can shoot from 3, block shots and rebound.

from the videos Ogundele is more aggressive at both, as I said he reminds me of Acie Earle who holds the all time record for blocks in Iowa's history.

Tell me about Teskes blocks

Tell me about Teskes blocks
it has more to do with scoring inside and out. blocks and rebounding is important but if you can't score it becomes a game of 5 on 4,
Nunge @7'0 has range to the new 3 point line
Garza @6'11 has range to the new 3 point line

if Iowa gets Ogundele @ 6'11 he ccomes from Europe and has been shooting from there his short time playing BB, the best thing is he is more of a 5 and plays inside more than he does on the outside.

it has more to do with scoring inside and out. blocks and rebounding is important but if you can't score it becomes a game of 5 on 4,
Nunge @7'0 has range to the new 3 point line
Garza @6'11 has range to the new 3 point line

if Iowa gets Ogundele @ 6'11 he ccomes from Europe and has been shooting from there his short time playing BB, the best thing is he is more of a 5 and plays inside more than he does on the outside.

Then why did you bring up rim protecting?

Teske has range too

Then why did you bring up rim protecting?

Teske has range too
Teske 27.9 mpg 9.7 ppg 52.1% from the field, 59.3 % from the FTL and 29.9% from 3 4th on the team on a team with 3 players in DBL Digit scoring
Garza 23.6 mpg 13.1 ppg 53.1% from the field, 80.4% from the FTL and 29.2% from 3 2nd on the team on a team with 4 players in DBL Digit scoring.

Garza = better scorer better shooter from the field and the FTL vs Teske.

here is the break down
Gabe already stated how he finished
Ogelsby was a Rival top 150 player from the state of Iowa
Kyle transferred to Houston after his RSFR Season and never played
Ingram came in under a cloud of academics led to him leaving after his FR seasons
Uhl stayed all 4 years and is now playing in Germany in a Euro league team
Brady fiunshed his career at Drake
Chris transferred to Akron
Wagner is now playing FB for Kentucky which most felt is what he should have been playing in the 1st place
Andrew was a 2 time Tennessee Mr. BB then finished his HS career at Oak Hill academy, then got homesick and transferred to a smaller school close to home, Failure maybe but not the 1st kid to get home sick and leave,
Cordell just RS'd and has 2 years left. failure not even close
Connor is just entering his 2nd year of playing both BB and Baseball, failure not even close

Connor in a exhibition game with a semi-pro baseball team from Canada went 4-5 with 3 dbls and 1 HR, now that Connor has settled into balancing academics and 2 sports he will be better this year.
And all of those players are worse than average big ten players.

Reactions: KisteK
how is Fredrick a terrible miss as he has not even played a game?
and I just blew your list all to hell, listing players that are still playing or just getting started just shows how ignorant you really are,
You just listed what they did. You didn't defend a single player from being bad. They were. The end.

Not a single one of them averaged more than 8ppg for a high major. Those are bad players. If that's blowing it to hell, it's no wonder that you think Fran is a good coach still. You have to have the lowest expectations to pretend that any of those guys were worth a scholarship.

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
ADVERTISEMENT