ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

don't mind him choosing ISU as he stayed instate vs going to a Blue blood, my biggest gripe is why did he string Fran along like he did, he was at Iowa's game Friday night then went into the locker room to celebrate the win with the players, only to commit to the clowns Monday morning. plus Fran went on a in home visit on Thursday.

not only did he waste Fran's time but also the Universities money. Prohm ran off a couple of RSFR to make room for Foster as he was 2 over going into next fall, now the question is who's the next creaning victim?

looks like Jordan will play so that gives Fran 4 rides to give and Connor said he would give his ride up for the right player.

RollLaugh

losing him to a B12 is bad for a BT team, ISU has won the B12 Tournant Title lately vs Iowa who's last BTT came in the 05-06 season.

look at it from the players point of view.
was hoping that he would choose Iowa but I was not has wrong as they were on 247. it had been 4 to Iowa 2 cloudy. then last night it went to 6 to 100% to Iowa
on Rivals
Evans
Bossi both had going to Iowa.

going off the forecast how could I be wrong? he wants to be a 4 and Iowa needs a 5/4 not someone that only wants to play outside the arc. especially @7'0.

like I said having choose Iowa would have been great but I am not going to cry because he chose ISU.

RollLaugh

I'd say I told you so, but I did actually tell you so and you were wrong and I was right.

Honest question. Why is Brohm after 3 recruiting classes playing freshman and talentless guys on defense?
Hazell's last 3 classes were 68, 71, and 73. Brohm's first class was piecemealed together late, so wasn't great, but has produced a lot of starters. We're essentially starting young guys across the board that in many cases aren't physically ready.

Essentially we were very thin as is, and then the injury bug hit, and now we're incredibly thin. But Brohm could've spent more time on short term fixes to the OL -- looks like we're about to get our 3rd grad transfer there in 4 yrs.
Gillis can’t be ready if he is redshirting while Old Man River plays. That’s my only observation watching just a few minutes
This is a question mark to me. My only thought is that Painter thought they were relatively equal, and that we could get by with Boudreaux. I personally don't think we can -- he's been atrocious and drastically impacts things on both ends.

Reactions: klize17
Lol. Exactly how I thought you’d respond.
ohh I bet you did, if you care to recall I said I hope he stays instate and he did by choosing B12 P5 Team ISU HMMM that is a big surprise? not hardly when a kid as a choice between 2 instate P5 teams instate schools and chooses 1 of them one is going lose every time while the other is going to win.

where is the problem with one P5 instate team beating out the other?

even yesterday on the cyclone board they had already conceded that Foster was going to commit to Iowa and were condemning his father for making his son choose Iowa.

looks like he pulled a fast one on everybody.

losing him to a B12 is bad for a BT team, ISU has won the B12 Tournant Title lately vs Iowa who's last BTT came in the 05-06 season.

look at it from the players point of view.
was hoping that he would choose Iowa but I was not has wrong as they were on 247. it had been 4 to Iowa 2 cloudy. then last night it went to 6 to 100% to Iowa
on Rivals
Evans
Bossi both had going to Iowa.

going off the forecast how could I be wrong? he wants to be a 4 and Iowa needs a 5/4 not someone that only wants to play outside the arc. especially @7'0.

like I said having choose Iowa would have been great but I am not going to cry because he chose ISU.
Schools like Southern Alabama, Lipscomb, and Eastern Kentucky have higher ranked commits than Iowa does.

ohh I bet you did, if you care to recall I said I hope he stays instate and he did by choosing B12 P5 Team ISU HMMM that is a big surprise? not hardly when a kid as a choice between 2 instate P5 teams instate schools and chooses 1 of them one is going lose every time while the other is going to win.

where is the problem with one P5 instate team beating out the other?

even yesterday on the cyclone board they had already conceded that Foster was going to commit to Iowa and were condemning his father for making his son choose Iowa.

looks like he pulled a fast one on everybody.

Your recruiting class is a dumpster fire. With him it at least would’ve been somewhat respectable. Now it’s probably worse than some MAC classes.

Hazell's last 3 classes were 68, 71, and 73. Brohm's first class was piecemealed together late, so wasn't great, but has produced a lot of starters. We're essentially starting young guys across the board that in many cases aren't physically ready.

Essentially we were very thin as is, and then the injury bug hit, and now we're incredibly thin. But Brohm could've spent more time on short term fixes to the OL -- looks like we're about to get our 3rd grad transfer there in 4 yrs.

This is a question mark to me. My only thought is that Painter thought they were relatively equal, and that we could get by with Boudreaux. I personally don't think we can -- he's been atrocious and drastically impacts things on both ends.

Even with a few grad transfers on the o-line, I don’t think that would’ve drastically changed things this year. Not when we’ve lost so many key guys to injury. Next year I think we’ll start to see the depth start to be improved quite a bit. Just have to get a serviceable o-line.

Schools like Southern Alabama, Lipscomb, and Eastern Kentucky have higher ranked commits than Iowa does.
does it matter? look at who Fran turned into 1st Team All BT that didn't have P5 offers
Marble
White
Jok
Jordan was a 3rd Team All BT teamer as a JR last season, its a hit and miss with every recruit but it is more about how the player turns out that matters.

but don't forget about what the player puts into that effort, like Walk on turned scholarship player Baer, who as a RSSO was named the BT's 6th MOY.

Even with a few grad transfers on the o-line, I don’t think that would’ve drastically changed things this year. Not when we’ve lost so many key guys to injury. Next year I think we’ll start to see the depth start to be improved quite a bit. Just have to get a serviceable o-line.
It would've been a poor line regardless. We needed a grad transfer this year, and in hindsight Brohm should've been targeting a few Jucos as well. Put a couple extra bodies there, and who knows -- maybe we can actually run the ball and easily close out Nevada, or maybe Sindelar and Plummer take far fewer hits and never get hurt. I think that the root of the problem is obviously the roster that Brohm inherited -- as it's hard to expect Purdue OL recruits to come in ready to handle the B1G -- but Brohm didn't do enough to help the issues that were pretty clear IMO.

Hopefully with another year under their belts, and some band-aids in the form of grad transfers, next year's OL can be average. That's really all we need out of it in order to be a pretty solid team.

Your recruiting class is a dumpster fire. With him it at least would’ve been somewhat respectable. Now it’s probably worse than some MAC classes.
Kennesaw State, VCU, GCU, Davidson, SDSU, Harvard, New Mexico, UMASS, Fresno State, and UCF all have better recruiting classes than Iowa.

Reactions: Jaycg15
It would've been a poor line regardless. We needed a grad transfer this year, and in hindsight Brohm should've been targeting a few Jucos as well. Put a couple extra bodies there, and who knows -- maybe we can actually run the ball and easily close out Nevada, or maybe Sindelar and Plummer take far fewer hits and never get hurt. I think that the root of the problem is obviously the roster that Brohm inherited -- as it's hard to expect Purdue OL recruits to come in ready to handle the B1G -- but Brohm didn't do enough to help the issues that were pretty clear IMO.

Hopefully with another year under their belts, and some band-aids in the form of grad transfers, next year's OL can be average. That's really all we need out of it in order to be a pretty solid team.

Agreed. Maybe he was banking on the fact that Cronk was coming which didn’t happen and it was too late at that point? But agreed he should’ve brought in more especially since Hazell left him hardly anything in terms of OL recruits.

until spring is here and the players get their final rankings nobody know how good or bad this class is,
I like ESPN rankings as the are more accurate
Perkins is a grade 79 3*
Ulis is a grade 77 3*
the twins are NR yet,

you do know what NR means don'y you? if not here is what it means
N = NOT
R = RATED

until spring is here and the players get their final rankings nobody know how good or bad this class is,
Perkins is a grade 79 3*
Ulis is a grade 77 3*
the twins are NR yet,

N = NOT
R = RATED
They are not rated because they are walkons. I doubt they will get a ranking.

Perkins is a grade 79 3*
Ulis is a grade 77 3*
the twins are NR yet,

N = NOT
R = RATED

ESPN rankings are garbage. They don’t come close to being as good as rivals or 24/7.

Perkins didn’t even get a sniff from any legit programs in Indiana. The twins aren’t rated because they suck. Ulis could be decent if he’s anything like his brother. All in all it’s a garbage recruiting class in Fran’s 10th year in the program.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
ESPN rankings are garbage. They don’t come close to being as good as rivals or 24/7.

Perkins didn’t even get a sniff from any legit programs in Indiana. The twins aren’t rated because they suck. Ulis could be decent if he’s anything like his brother. All in all it’s a garbage recruiting class in Fran’s 10th year in the program.
lets see Uthoff was a Top 100 4* by ESPN and just a 3* by Rivals
Jordan was a 4* by ESPN and a UR 3* by Rivals
Moss was a 4* by ESPN and a UR 3* by Rivals
Garza was a top 100 4* by ESPN 4* by Rivals
Connor was a top 100 4* by ESPN 4* by Rivals
Toussaint was a 4* by ESPN UR 3* by Rivals
Patrick top 100 4* by both.

and according to Bossi needed that ELITIE OFFER to keep that high ranking and he fell from a 5* to out of the top 50 right after posting that.

this season Fran has 6 4* players on the team with Jordan being the only SR Starter,

this team will be just fine, who knows who pan out or who will transfer out, Fran has been getting ripped for not recruiting legacy recruits and yet he has 2 legacy recruits committed in the Twin's who's father was a McDonald AA. who was Iowa's best defender who holds the All Time record in steals.

going from 6'5 SG's to 6'8 F's made them a better recruit with the playing at DVE Acadamie they will face a higher level of competition to show how good or bad they are,
Keegan was a 1st team All State with Patrick in Iow, Kris was a 2nd team All stater in Iowa and they both played on Iowa's large class teams,

as for Foster choosing ISU over Iowa this was the very 1st recruit where ISU got the instate recruit to pick them over Iowa,

hey the sun has to shine on the butt of the dog once in a while,

White didn't get a sniff from anybody in Ohio either so whats your point.

Well, go Illini.

They can make a statement tonight. And God knows the league could use it

Iowa's gonna be fine guys. Josh Ogundele will be committing to Iowa on Wednesday. Sure, the two semi-notable programs in his state, UMass and Boston College, both passed on this kid. And Rutgers is the only other P5 school to offer him a scholarship. But let's not forget, Fran has a knack for finding these diamonds in the rough. At the end of the day, Iowa will have a top 60 class. And that's all Fran really needs to win.

Did you honestly think he'd pick Iowa?

Wasn't sure. But I am ok with it. I watch the state tourney every year, and I didn't see anything to great about him.

He is ranked highly because of his upside. His game still needs alot of work

Reactions: jwardelt
Iowa's gonna be fine guys. Josh Ogundele will be committing to Iowa on Wednesday. Sure, the two semi-notable programs in his state, UMass and Boston College, both passed on this kid. And Rutgers is the only other P5 school to offer him a scholarship. But let's not forget, Fran has a knack for finding these diamonds in the rough. At the end of the day, Iowa will have a top 60 class. And that's all Fran really needs to win.

Top 60 in the B1G maybe.

maybe on Ogundele since he is from Great Briton, so the jury on him is out,

the Murray Twins got very little interest for 2 reasons
1 both were under weight 6'5 SG's vs the 6'8 F that both now weigh over 200 +lbs
2nd most teams passed on them as they were thinking they were a package deal. not to many teams want or need 2 6'5 SG's that weighed 165 lbs and 170 lbs respectively. not even Fran was interested in them and they played just 30 minutes from Carver,

now they are playing for DME Academe in Florida for a Prep school, where they will be playing at a higher level than they did at Cedar Rapids Xavier,

it was at the DVE Showcase where Fran went down to watch them at the request of Fran's new AC, after watching them that is when he offered them BUT NOT BEFORE, some thing changed with these 2 for Fran to do a complete 180, plus they are LEGACY recruits that were not even getting a sniff from Fran.

2nd most teams passed on them as they were thinking they were a package deal. not to many teams want or need 2 6'5 SG's that weighed 165 lbs and 170 lbs respectively. not even Fran was interested in them and they played just 30 minutes from Carver,

Yeah I am sure that is the reason the likes of Illinois State, Northern Illinois and Missouri State didn't offer.

Delusional isn't even a strong enough word for you.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Wasn't sure. But I am ok with it. I watch the state tourney every year, and I didn't see anything to great about him.

He is ranked highly because of his upside. His game still needs alot of work
I will say that the family reached out to Underwood to recruit him and according to his uncle, there wasn't interest both ways. I don't think everyone is as high on him as some people are.

Reactions: hawkit3113
I will say that the family reached out to Underwood to recruit him and according to his uncle, there wasn't interest both ways. I don't think everyone is as high on him as some people are.

He has all the measurements, but played soft at the Iowa 3a level.

Now to his credit, Iowa has no shot clock and coaching is huge.

I just figured he would dunk on all of them.

ADVERTISEMENT