ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Toussaint with back to back solid games
11 points, 4 assists, 1 steal with 1 TO.

another note in the past Iowa would lose just like against Rutgers, before when they got down they sucked it and came from behind to win.

on to MD on the road, the winning streak was nice but MD will win on their court.

Smart to bring a knife when you can’t shoot.

giphy.gif

With some teams hitting the midpoint of the Big Ten schedule, who is your B1G COY?

I think it comes down to Pikiell and Underwood. Both have done a great job but I'd lean Pikiell because he lost his best player from a year ago and is doing things at Rutgers that haven't been done in 30+ years.

Reactions: RutgHoops
Just read in the Athletic that Zavier Simpson doesn’t talk to the media after losses, only wins. Is that true UM guys? He doesn’t want to answer questions when things go bad?

With some teams hitting the midpoint of the Big Ten schedule, who is your B1G COY?

I think it comes down to Pikiell and Underwood. Both have done a great job but I'd lean Pikiell because he lost his best player from a year ago and is doing things at Rutgers that haven't been done in 30+ years.

Even as an Illini fan, I’d have to say Pikiell. While it’s a bit of a surprise that we’re ranked in the top 20, in first place and on an 6-game win streak in B1G play, many analysts identified the talent on our roster preseason and gave us a bit of hype. Additionally, there is plenty of precedent for winning teams at Illinois, as we have been a remarkably self-sustaining program historically without relying on one “legendary” coach - Henson, Krueger, Self and Weber all won at least one Big Ten title, for example.

Pikiell, on the other hand, has flipped the conference’s preconceived notions on their heads ... RU went from being a graveyard to a respectable team with a pretty good home court atmosphere and plenty of potential going forward (if he stays) in a matter of weeks, haha. He’s done an amazing job, and I really like the guy.

Is he still banging Alex Morgan or Morgan Reid? One of the fvcking Morgans. I can’t remember which one, but bagging one of them while looking like Ted Cruz is up their in his career accomplishments.

Yeah, he and Morgan Reid are still together. But, it's not technically banging. I'm told they're in the dry-humping phase of their relationship.

45984772_2190245221196048_7017542945508290695_n.jpg

How much will the committee use NET rankings?

Palm came out with his bracketology yesterday and has MSU and PSU both as 4 seeds. MSU is ranked 8th in NET and PSU 27th.

Huh?

Even as an Illini fan, I’d have to say Pikiell. While it’s a bit of a surprise that we’re ranked in the top 20, in first place and on an 6-game win streak in B1G play, many analysts identified the talent on our roster preseason and gave us a bit of hype. Additionally, there is plenty of precedent for winning teams at Illinois, as we have been a remarkably self-sustaining program historically without relying on one “legendary” coach - Henson, Krueger, Self and Weber all won at least one Big Ten title, for example.

Pikiell, on the other hand, has flipped the conference’s preconceived notions on their heads ... RU went from being a graveyard to a respectable team with a pretty good home court atmosphere and plenty of potential going forward (if he stays) in a matter of weeks, haha. He’s done an amazing job, and I really like the guy.

Appreciate the post. While all Rutgers fans are beyond thrilled with the season there is still a lot of work yet to be done. These final 11 games are a pretty rough road for a team experiencing success for the first time: UM (2x), MD (2x), PU(2x), @OSU, @Wisc, @PSU plus Illinois and NW at home.

Not easy finding 5 wins in that bunch as I think 11-9 is the type of conference record Coach Pikiell will need to be considered for COY. It's the most fun I've had in two decades so I am excited and hopeful, but I realize how rough this league is this season and how easily a four game skid can occur.

Reactions: RUTravesty
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT