ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Not enough teams lost that were ranked better than Illinois. I figured we would be about #18.

Maybe, but how many of those teams won @Kohl, @Mackey, and @Chrysler? Those are notoriously impossible places to win and we got no bump at all for doing it.

The voters clearly don't value those wins right now. They won't at the end of the season either because the B1G is so muddled right now.

Illinois only going from 21 to 19 after winning 6 in a row vs Purdue, @Wisconsin, vs Rutgers, vs Northwestern (ok), @Purdue, @Michigan is proof that the voters do not respect the B1G this year. Which is exactly what I said in the beginning of the season - no star team, lots of mediocre teams battling it out. That's how the voters see it.

The rankings don't matter, but come Tournament time, some of these mediocre teams are gonna get left out of the dance and be surprised for no reason.
tenor.gif

Illinois only going from 21 to 19 after winning 6 in a row vs Purdue, @Wisconsin, vs Rutgers, vs Northwestern (ok), @Purdue, @Michigan is proof that the voters do not respect the B1G this year. Which is exactly what I said in the beginning of the season - no star team, lots of mediocre teams battling it out. That's how the voters see it.

The rankings don't matter, but come Tournament time, some of these mediocre teams are gonna get left out of the dance and be surprised for no reason.

The B1G teams quad 1 wins and NET rankings will say different. Indiana literally doesn’t have an opportunity for a so called bad loss and they will have like 14 Quad 1 games on the resume

If you look at the NET stat sheets and compare the B1G teams are so much better than the other middle of road conference teams.

I do think the conference is more likely to get 9 teams instead of 11 but that will be the teams who get left out undoing by losing not the committee

Who, though?

6’0 Simpson
6’0 Dejulius
6’1 Brooks (who he torched all game)
6’8 Wagner (slow)
6’8 Johns (slow)
6’10 Castleton
6’10 Davis
7’1 Teske

That’s our rotation. Who do you put on ball? It HAS to be either Simpson or Brooks because there isn’t anyone else. Given how much he torched Brooks all game there’s a good chance Ayo still scores and we’re having the same conversation.
Like I said, it depends on your strategy. If I'm denying him the ball, Simpson. Otherwise, I'm telling Wagner to guard the jumpshot and helping off Giorgi with Teske.

Sometimes to many home games in a row is not good.

Sometimes a good Big 10 ass kicking is in order

Like I said, it depends on your strategy. If I'm denying him the ball, Simpson. Otherwise, I'm telling Wagner to guard the jumpshot and helping off Giorgi with Teske.

Wagner would fall out his jock guarding Ayo and people would be here saying why the hell would you put your worst defensive starter on ball.

And I’m not saying what he did was “right”, just rather that with the way Ayo was shooting and playmaking there’s a high chance any of the bad options we had were exploitable.

Reactions: Jaycg15
We couldn't have shot it from deep any worse that half even if we had Indiana's or Purdue's roster.

Garza 9 points, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks
1-11 from 3
7-10 from the FTL
Wisconsin
Trice 12 points
5 rebounds
2 assists
1 steal
4-12 from 3
4-7 from the FTL.

getting real tired of this HEY Wisconsin [insert any team that Iowa plays] is playing short handed,
both teams have played 8 players both teams are missing starters, somebody needs to stuff a gag into Bardo's mouth.

That was not a fun half. I guess it’s tied at least
a win vs Wisconsin is never easy,

again Garza is getting DBL and triple teamed and like the Nebraska game nobody can throw into the ocean while sitting in the middle of the Atlantic in a Kayak.

Gil going to have a stroke with that no call Laughing
WHICH ONE the travel or the shove, to busy watching them miss 3's by players that are pretty good shooters
Fredrick 48% 1-4
Wieskamp 40% 0-3
Kriener 40% 0-2.

and the worst 3 point shooting team 7-19.

Nebraska game all over again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT