ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

If you could only have him or Furst, who would you take?

By all accounts Furst has improved and getting better every game but I’d take whichever decides to commit first.

Furst seems less likely for IU anyway. Both are top 50 talent so Purdue seems to have less of a chance with either :)

Reactions: SNU0821
By all accounts Furst has improved and getting better every game but I’d take whichever decides to commit first.

Furst seems less likely for IU anyway. Both are top 50 talent so Purdue seems to have less of a chance with either :)

Haha well played. I do like where we stand with Kaufman more so than with Furst but still a long way to go.

Reactions: klize17
My prediction from back in August, was one game off from the fan base completely losing its shit.

My way-too early Purdue B1G conference W/L prediction:
NW: W
@Neb W
Minn W
@Illinois L
@Mich L
MSU L
@MD L
*there will be many “fire Painter” threads & complete meltdown of the entire fan base*
Illinois W
Wisc W
@Rutgers W
@NW W
Iowa W
@IU L
PSU W
@OSU L
@Wisc L
Mich W
IU W
@Iowa L (feel like they should win but will drop the ball in this one)
Rutgers W

So prediction: 12-8 record

Reactions: bMORE607
you struggled to beat NW and Purdue is a better team than NW,
Your point? Every team in the Big Ten can play a close game. You should know that after losing to NEBRASKA.

We're in second. What place is Iowa in?

Last edited:
This Purdue team kind of sucks though, so I get the frustration. At least Nojel is showing that NBA potential, as the team crashes and burns. Seems fitting
I get not making shots (but will never understand Wheeler’s regression) but I’m most disappointed in the effort the last two games. Outside of Eastern and maybe Stefanovic, the team looks like it’s going thru the motions. Purdue should never get outrebounded 37-19, let alone in Mackey.

Illinois had a 55% O-Rebound rate. That’s ridiculous.

I get not making shots (but will never understand Wheeler’s regression) but I’m most disappointed in the effort the last two games. Outside of Eastern and maybe Stefanovic, the team looks like it’s going thru the motions. Purdue should never get outrebounded 37-19, let alone in Mackey.

Agreed second half was an effort issue. Doesn’t make sense at home too. Just mentally weak right now for some reason.

I've felt the same way about IU in several games this year. Some were losses and thankfully, some games we were able to pull out the win. But it's an effort thing. Just kind of out there running around going through the motions. No fire. No heart. Just playing because they have to play. It's crazy because they can be a really solid team or they can turn around and get their ass whooped like at Maryland or Wisconsin. Makes it very frustrating to watch.

Definitely agree. That’s how we have played in pretty much every road game, but it’s crazy to see it in Mackey.

Reactions: SNU0821
I mean, it's not like he stepped on a guy's chest or anything, amirite?

What I don't get about that whole thing is if you're going to stomp on a guy, maybe actually use enough weight to inflict pain. If I'm Brad Underwood, I'm spending 20+ minutes of the next practice teaching proper cheap shot technique. That was bush league.

SoupyLastingHamster-max-1mb.gif

Cochburn will be gone after this season to the NBA, got a feeling that Oturo of Minnesota will be gone as well,

to bad though it would be nice to see them stay till they graduate. let the other conference eat the BT's dust.

Cochburn will be gone after this season to the NBA, got a feeling that Oturo of Minnesota will be gone as well,

to bad though it would be nice to see them stay till they graduate. let the other conference eat the BT's dust.
Cockburn isn't even on draft boards right now. He's likely back to develop further for today's NBA.

ADVERTISEMENT