ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

Pissed I didn’t get to watch the game on my way back from Vegas but what a f****** game!!! Carsen picked a damn good time to get out of his slump.

Shit it looks like Purdue will play Thursday. I was really hoping it’d be Friday so I could go, but I’ll be at reds opening day. Now I’m just hoping they play the late game so I can watch the damn thing.

i know foster loyer is a much-discussed player on this board. he just got some run. if ya'll missed it, here's some footage of how he fared
giphy.gif
He is getting as much hype as Tum Tum. He can not physically play at this level. I sure hope Izzo is getting someone else to replace Cash.

“The Hawkeye that they’ll have to look out for is Jordan McCaffery.” ABC 2 news in Nashville. Luka Wieskamp better IMO

He is getting as much hype as Tum Tum. He can not physically play at this level. I sure hope Izzo is getting someone else to replace Cash.
Totally different players. Tum Tum physically could play, was fast, and played good defense, but offensively was just atrocious. Foster can shoot, hits his free throws, but he’s just really short and physically not ready at all. Defensively a liability at this point too.

Foster wasn’t great this year. I don’t think he’ll ever be some amazing player. But, I do think he can be a starting point guard in the Big Ten by his Junior or Senior year.

Reactions: Toast.
Iowa and Purdue have some great opportunities ahead.

Rick Barnes is inept as a tournament coach. Second worst PASE ranking using Elo of 500+ coaches since the bracket became seeded in 1985.

He always loses 4/5 or 8/9 type of matchups so I would not expect Tennessee to beat Purdue (we may dump on Painter at times, but he can actually win these coin flip games, Barnes cannot).

Nonetheless, Iowa can spring an upset today. Hawks won't get these sort of opportunities too often, so take advantage....

Rick Barnes is inept as a tournament coach. Second worst PASE ranking using Elo of 500+ coaches since the bracket became seeded in 1985.

He always loses 4/5 or 8/9 type of matchups so I would not expect Tennessee to beat Purdue (we may dump on Painter at times, but he can actually win these coin flip games, Barnes cannot).

Nonetheless, Iowa can spring an upset today. Hawks won't get these sort of opportunities too often, so take advantage....
as long as Iowa plays and shoots like they did vs Illinois the possibilities of them winning go up.

but if they go 1-16 from 3 like they did vs Michigan they don't stand a chance.

Agreed, but disagree. This is the first of a string of tourney appearances.

ADVERTISEMENT