ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

He is getting as much hype as Tum Tum. He can not physically play at this level. I sure hope Izzo is getting someone else to replace Cash.

He's been better than DeJulius. And better than Eli Brooks was as a freshman...

I think we should give him a little time before writing him off completely, during his freshman year, playing behind a POY PG on a top team...

Totally different players. Tum Tum physically could play, was fast, and played good defense, but offensively was just atrocious. Foster can shoot, hits his free throws, but he’s just really short and physically not ready at all. Defensively a liability at this point too.

Foster wasn’t great this year. I don’t think he’ll ever be some amazing player. But, I do think he can be a starting point guard in the Big Ten by his Junior or Senior year.
Tum Tum could at least physically hang in at this level. Loyer cant. Izzo seriously thinks this is the next guy up at PG? Has he recruited a PG after Loyer?

He's been better than DeJulius. And better than Eli Brooks was as a freshman...

I think we should give him a little time before writing him off completely, during his freshman year, playing behind a POY PG on a top team...
Not saying much. At least deJulius has a B10 body. Not sold on him at all. Seems more like a tiny 2G at this point. Right now i would bet on zeb jackson taking over Simpson’s spot. There is time. U are right about writing someone off too early. If u are as small as Loyer then u better be quick and fast. Defensively, he will never be able to guard. Thats the long term issue I see and thats a no bueno for Izzo.

Reactions: RichardMassive
Tum Tum could at least physically hang in at this level. Loyer cant. Izzo seriously thinks this is the next guy up at PG? Has he recruited a PG after Loyer?
Again, we’ll see. I’ve seen him in high school. He’s crafty, and when Izzo hands the reigns over after years in the weight room and learning the system, I’m not that concerned. He’s a really good shooter and has the Michigan high school record for most free throws hit in a row.

We are recruiting Jalen Terry, a top 50 PG for 2020 and top 100 AJ Hoggard.

Reactions: blue_in_chicago
Time for Gil’s post season post on all the returning players for iowa and their stats and high school ranking. And then how great iowa will be in 2020.

Fran sucks so bad. This is embarrassing. He cant put a TEAM together in 9 years? So many good parts too but the sum is garbage and soft garbage at that.

Not saying much. At least deJulius has a B10 body. Not sold on him at all. Seems more like a tiny 2G at this point. Right now i would bet on zeb jackson taking over Simpson’s spot. There is time. U are right about writing someone off too early. If u are as small as Loyer then u better be quick and fast. Defensively, he will never be able to guard. Thats the long term issue I see and thats a no bueno for Izzo.
Really like Zeb Jackson. If MSU gets Jalen Terry that will lead for some great matchups to come.

Thought Iowa stood a chance given Barnes' tournament ineptitude.

Nope. Iowa tradition of getting steamrolled in the round of 32 continues.

Again, we’ll see. I’ve seen him in high school. He’s crafty, and when Izzo hands the reigns over after years in the weight room and learning the system, I’m not that concerned. He’s a really good shooter and has the Michigan high school record for most free throws hit in a row.

We are recruiting Jalen Terry, a top 50 PG for 2020 and top 100 AJ Hoggard.
Thats good. He will need one of those. I could see Loyer being a Spike Albrecht for MSU. But u dont want him starting and playing 30 a game. Time will tell. Plenty of players surprise.....

Reactions: RichardMassive

People said Cash would never be able to guard either, and he's stepped up there this year. Loyer definitely needs to get stronger. I think he's overthinking his shot too much this year.

MSU brings in Rocket Watts next year, who has very strong handles and is quick. 6'2". I expect him to help relieve Cash, especially if teams are pressing.

People said Cash would never be able to guard either, and he's stepped up there this year. Loyer definitely needs to get stronger. I think he's overthinking his shot too much this year.

MSU brings in Rocket Watts next year, who has very strong handles and is quick. 6'2". I expect him to help relieve Cash, especially if teams are pressing.
Forgot about Rocket even tho he isnt a pure PG.

Terrry should pick u, right? Who else is in it?
Not a ton of teams but it’s still early. Some people kind of assume he’ll pick us, just like they did with Romeo Weems this year and Brandon Johns last year.

I’d bet he ends up a Spartan but you never know.

Forgot about Rocket even tho he isnt a pure PG.
Rocket is a 2 guard with a good handle. I know he’s listed as a combo guard but he’ll play the 2 at MSU.

Possibly bring the ball up for some stretches like McQuaid does this year, but I doubt he’ll ever be the primary ball handler for MSU on the court.

Not a ton of teams but it’s still early. Some people kind of assume he’ll pick us, just like they did with Romeo Weems this year and Brandon Johns last year.

I’d bet he ends up a Spartan but you never know.
What was the deal with Weems? DePaul was “Wtf!”

Rocket is a 2 guard with a good handle. I know he’s listed as a combo guard but he’ll play the 2 at MSU.

Possibly bring the ball up for some stretches like McQuaid does this year, but I doubt he’ll ever be the primary ball handler for MSU on the court.

Rocket has a better handle than McQuaid does. I think he'll be similar to a Kalin Lucas type PG. Score first, but can still distribute (though not like a Cash type pure PG)

Ahhh. That was the best NCAA tournament performance I’ve seen from a Purdue team. What a boat race. Great momentum for next week. Let’s goooo baby!

I’m still shocked. I’m over 30 yrs old and that’s the best NCAAT game I’ve seen from us. Just dominant

Hope we can see a repeat performance against the vols

Rocket has a better handle than McQuaid does. I think he'll be similar to a Kalin Lucas type PG. Score first, but can still distribute (though not like a Cash type pure PG)
I agree he has a bettter handle, and if Foster doesn’t develop he could be our starting PG as a sophomore. But right now, he is more of a SG than a PG.

Woeskamp 19 points vs Cincinnati. 2 points today 0-3 from 3, I called this before the game. missing bunnies and open 3's does not help. my only complaint is when the Tennessee player got all arm and no call was made other than a clean block.

Schofield of Tennessee made it known that he hated Iowa, based on his brother playing for Wisconsin's FB team and he has 17 points in the 1st half.

Cook 0 points Garza 4 points saddled with 2 fouls early sending him to the bench.

Not sure why the offensive guy can just walk over a defender.
You talking about the double foul? IMO, piss poor officiating there. Bohannon not only initiated the contact, he done so with a shove. If that is me, I get Bohannon with an intentional foul. It stops there. Bad officiating. There are cases for double fouls....That was not one of them.

Woeskamp 19 points vs Cincinnati. 2 points today 0-3 from 3, I called this before the game. missing bunnies and open 3's does not help. my only complaint is when the Tennessee player got all arm and no call was made other than a clean block.

Schofield of Tennessee made it known that he hated Iowa, based on his brother playing for Wisconsin's FB team and he has 17 points in the 1st half.

Cook 0 points Garza 4 points saddled with 2 fouls early sending him to the bench.

Garza had a nice face plant too.

ADVERTISEMENT