ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

I knew this week would suck. Thankfully legit hoops returns tomorrow.
I haven't watched a second of college basketball since Sunday. luckily it has been my busiest work week in a while.

i'll probably be on a hiatus from this board after this weekend. leave for hawaii from the 20th to jan 7th, and got some surfing to do

giphy.gif

I haven't watched a second of college basketball since Sunday. luckily it has been my busiest work week in a while.

i'll probably be on a hiatus from this board after this weekend. leave for hawaii from the 20th to jan 7th, and got some surfing to do

giphy.gif
Heading to Oahu in June. Jacked to the tits for it.

Reactions: jace46555
Kansas State fans do the " *uck KU" chant at every football and basketball game they play "Sandstorm"
Lasts anywhere from a handful of seconds to ~3 minutes.. does not matter the opponent.

Loser Mentality on full display.

There is a reason why Coach Krybaby will not come to College Park ever again - really going out on a limb there Mikey since we are not in same conference as Duke.

-" Hey...You Suck, and you and you and you, and we are going to kick the crap out of you and you" are our
words to Gary Glitters R&R part 2.

My most wonderful girl - are you saying there is a teeny bit of animosity between KSU and KU?? We generally save our anti Duke, UVGAY, and UNCheats stuff for their ears only....

I don't know why they said he was the unlikeliest guy to score there. He was being guarded by Jordan Hulls.

Hey, maybe it's just Big Ten guys with the first name Jordan who can't guard a phone booth?

you'll enjoy it.

the sheer amount of tuna, mahi mahi, pineapple and beach drinks I consume while in hawaii is staggering.

Sounds like it is possible I will be making my way there in December 2019 for my parents 40th.

Reactions: Toast.
Im so fvcking jelly of the crossroads classic. The fact that UVA, UMD, and GTOWN can’t get together and do something like this is ******ed.
As an Indiana fan, it's a great idea, but Indiana drives the finances of this event, and I'd rather have more freedom especially with the 2 conference games in December now. The four teams usually give you a nice neutral court opportunity for the resume, but I always feel like Indiana has more to lose and less to gain when everything is considered.

As an Indiana fan, it's a great idea, but Indiana drives the finances of this event, and I'd rather have more freedom especially with the 2 conference games in December now. The four teams usually give you a nice neutral court opportunity for the resume, but I always feel like Indiana has more to lose and less to gain when everything is considered.

Cue the "Indiana fans are just so entitled" crowd. Even though the event would no longer happen if Indiana wasn't involved.

The event is pretty much 50% maybe 55%-60% Indiana fans with the other 3 taking up the rest.

Reactions: SNU0821

I don’t care about the money part, although I understand why you guys do.

Agree 100%, beating Butler does nothing for IU. It's just a neutral court game against a solid team which could be good for resume but it doesn't move the needle much for IU. That being said, if Butler beats IU we will never hear the end of it.

Agree 100%, beating Butler does nothing for IU. It's just a neutral court game against a solid team which could be good for resume but it doesn't move the needle much for IU. That being said, if Butler beats IU we will never hear the end of it.
It does a lot more than nothing, probably ends up being a top 50 win, but yes the PR around the state is much worse than losing to Arkansas for instance. I wouldn't mind scheduling Butler, but having the freedom not to and possibly add Kentucky is so much better for IU.

Reactions: KisteK

Narratives are fun...

(All based on Kenpom)
2018 - Win over #35 Notre Dame was IU's second-best win
2017 - Loss to #25 Butler (would have been third-best win)
2016 - Win over #36 Notre Dame was IU's fifth-best win entering the tournament
2015 - Win over #20 Butler was IU's second-best win

Narratives are fun...

(All based on Kenpom)

I only bitch because of the money. I like playing Notre Dame and Butler.

Narratives are fun...

(All based on Kenpom)
I specifically said they are nice opportunities for neutral court wins. Finances and national exposure are probably better if Indiana wasnt in the event. Shit man, reading comprehension.

What national exposure limitations are you referring to?
Having open dates in the schedule for Kentucky, maybe Arizona, maybe UNC. Indiana hasnt been any better than the other 3 schools for the last 15 years, I'm not debating that. Indiana is still a larger draw and name in college basketball than the other schools. That's just the deal. It's why Indiana drives the finances for the Classic.

Having open dates in the schedule for Kentucky, maybe Arizona, maybe UNC. Indiana hasnt been any better than the other 3 schools for the last 15 years, I'm not debating that. Indiana is still a larger draw and name in college basketball than the other schools. That's just the deal. It's why Indiana drives the finances for the Classic.

Indiana should only plays schools that are larger draws than them.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Indiana gets screwed by the financials and have an opportunity to have a split gate with Kentucky. A better opponent and more money come hand in hand

Again, what difference does it make? Seems like something really dumb to complain about. Other teams benefit more of scheduling home and homes with Michigan football (because Michigan is the bigger draw) but do I give a shit? No. Michigan's finances are fine so I don't care if another school benefits because of playing Michigan. Is Indiana struggling financially? I highly doubt it. So who cares if Indiana gets a little screwed in an event that is pretty cool?

If Michigan did something similar with Eastern MI, Western MI, and Central MI, I wouldn't give two shits about how the gate was split.

Last edited:
Reactions: snowsquirrel11
You set up a complete strawman for the sole purpose of trolling and being argumentative.

Complete strawman? You literally used lack of national exposure as a reason you don't like the Crossroads Classic. Playing Notre Dame or Butler don't hurt Indiana's national brand. You guys are complaining just to complain.

Complete strawman? You literally used lack of national exposure as a reason you don't like the Crossroads Classic. Playing Notre Dame or Butler don't hurt Indiana's national brand. You guys are complaining just to complain.
I didn't say lack of exposure, and I certainly didn't say we should only play the largest draws. You used those words in an attempt at arguing hyperbole not the actual argument. That's called a strawman argument. Go back to school, take logic 101. At IU it's a 150 class.

I didn't say lack of exposure, and I certainly didn't say we should only play the largest draws. You used those words in an attempt at arguing hyperbole not the actual argument. That's called a strawman argument. Go back to school, take logic 101. At IU it's a 150 class.

You were crying about the event because Indiana is a bigger draw than the other schools and playing someone else would get you more exposure. Dumb thing to cry about. Playing Notre Dame and Butler don’t hurt your national brand. Indiana will still be Indiana.

You were crying about the event because Indiana is a bigger draw than the other schools and playing someone else would get you more exposure. Dumb thing to cry about. Playing Notre Dame and Butler don’t hurt your national brand. Indiana will still be Indiana.
Now you're moving the goalposts and still not accurate in your argument.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT