ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

Is the same group that think "Baby its cold outside" should be removed from the radio. Was Knight an asshole? Yes. Did he do anything illegal in anyway? No.
Not true but why argue. 3 Nattys? Do whatever you want.

Is the same group that think "Baby its cold outside" should be removed from the radio. Was Knight an asshole? Yes. Did he do anything illegal in anyway? No.
From today's posts and past posts, I've come to the conclusion that Purdue fans want their players coddled by a loving, nurturing coach.

Their players and fans can't take little ol' chair throwing or being yelled at. ;)

From today's posts and past posts, I've come to the conclusion that Purdue fans want their players coddled by a loving, nurturing coach.

Their players and fans can't take little ol' chair throwing or being yelled at. ;)
Are you projecting based off on one poster again?

Indiana has made a fan base so rattled they chant "IU Sucks" when playing other teams. Indiana is pretty much the most impressive troll in history.
Kansas State fans do the " *uck KU" chant at every football and basketball game they play "Sandstorm"
Lasts anywhere from a handful of seconds to ~3 minutes.. does not matter the opponent.

Loser Mentality on full display.

Kansas State fans do the " *uck KU" chant at every football and basketball game they play "Sandstorm"
Lasts anywhere from a handful of seconds to ~3 minutes.. does not matter the opponent.

Loser Mentality on full display.

Minnesota has the Who Hates Iowa? We Hate Iowa. They chant it when playing Wisconsin

Reactions: KisteK

Apparently you missed my post about Gene Keady and Purdue love affair with him- Gene was not a coddling coach. So no soup for you. I do think you’ve gone to great lengths to defend your current old school coach who by all accounts can’t hack it in the B1G. Further if I was going to point out a coach who isn’t a chair throwing loudmouth I’d go with Belien. Seems to be doing ok by acting like a normal human being. His players must be a bunch of pussies, eh?

Apparently you missed my post about Gene Keady and Purdue love affair with him- Gene was not a coddling coach. So no soup for you. I do think you’ve gone to great lengths to defend your current old school coach who by all accounts can’t hack it in the B1G. Further if I was going to point out a coach who isn’t a chair throwing loudmouth I’d go with Belien. Seems to be doing ok by acting like a normal human being. His players must be a bunch of pussies, eh?

By all accounts Gene is a great person of high moral standards. Congrats of having person like that represent PU. Just strange why someone like that would be friends with Knight.

I try not to read things that you post to be frank. And, it's not by all accounts. It's by a large group of idiots. Don't act like we're not.

Reactions: SNU0821
**** this....dude you don't have to be a member of the PC police to being realistic about his personal behavior.

Great math skills Winking

OK- I'm intrigued. What are you saying here?

And what does "math" have to do with some IU students (not me of course:rolleyes:) getting carried away to the point that they nearly turned a campus bus on it's side during the spontaneous revelry that erupted in '76? I KNOW Tommy wasn't there- I'm likely the oldest IU fan on this forum...

I'm freakin old as dirt. But not quite as old as "Bert" ...:D

Reactions: jace46555
**** this....dude you don't have to be a member of the PC police to being realistic about his personal behavior.

I'm aware the guy was a dick. I'm also aware he did more than anyone would know for his players, the school, and the town. He's not some monster that ESPN wanted to make him out to be. He got fired because he lectured a kid about respect? Give me a break.

Here's the thing with me. I don't ignore his bad or his good behavior. I'm able to differentiate between the two.

For me the final straw with RMK was when he ignored the 2002 team during their run to the Final Four and afterwards. I can relate to "bitterness". But these were kids that he RECRUITED and most of them came to IU to play for HIM. A HOF Coach (imho) should be above such pettiness- he knew their families...

OK- I'm intrigued. What are you saying here?

And what does "math" have to do with some IU students (not me of course:rolleyes:) getting carried away to the point that they nearly turned a campus bus on it's side during the spontaneous revelry that erupted in '76? I KNOW Tommy wasn't there- I'm likely the oldest IU fan on this forum...

I'm freakin old as dirt. But not quite as old as "Bert" ...:D

@theetommyt said he was turning 40. And you asked if he was around for it, although @IUfanBorden stated you may have been joking.

Last edited:
I try not to read things that you post to be frank. And, it's not by all accounts. It's by a large group of idiots. Don't act like we're not.
1. Try harder. Hint: use ignore.
2. The rest was kind of a garbled mess. Don’t mean to offend you but is English your second language?

My wife is absolutely trashed at her monthly “card club” ordeal that I’m picking her up from now. Should get me some brownie points for my antics this weekend at the Indy bars for the crossroads classic so tonight has been a good night.

Here's the thing with me. I don't ignore his bad or his good behavior. I'm able to differentiate between the two.
Of course, and I've said similar many times before. But, you (not necessarily you...just generally speaking) also cant ignore, or justify the many instances of unacceptable behavior because of his good qualities.

It doesn't have to be all in on either one.

I'm aware the guy was a dick. I'm also aware he did more than anyone would know for his players, the school, and the town. He's not some monster that ESPN wanted to make him out to be. He got fired because he lectured a kid about respect? Give me a break.
What do I need to give you a break on?

Why do you act like if a person wants to hold him accountable(on a random message board no less) for the many instances of behavior that is typically unacceptable...he's saying Knight is/was a monster? Or, it means that the person doesn't believe that there are countless instances where he went way above what is normal of a person?

It seems like you've got tunnel vision here.

AMD al
For me the final straw with RMK was when he ignored the 2002 team during their run to the Final Four and afterwards. I can relate to "bitterness". But these were kids that he RECRUITED and most of them came to IU to play for HIM. A HOF Coach (imho) should be above such pettiness- he knew their families...

And also stood up for him in front of the world

1. Try harder. Hint: use ignore.
2. The rest was kind of a garbled mess. Don’t mean to offend you but is English your second language?
A person who can read on a 2nd grade level shouldn't have any problems reading what @Jaycg15 writes. Not sure what your issue might be here....I try not to assume these types of things.

A person who can read on a 2nd grade level shouldn't have any problems reading what @Jaycg15 writes. Not sure what your issue might be here....I try not to assume these types of things.
giphy.gif

What do I need to give you a break on?

Why do you act like if a person wants to hold him accountable(on a random message board no less) for the many instances of behavior that is typically unacceptable...he's saying Knight is/was a monster? Or, it means that the person doesn't believe that there are countless instances where he went way above what is normal of a person?

It seems like you've got tunnel vision here.

You really thought i meant for you to give me a break?

giphy.gif

Everyone watch Bmore's first video, pause at 14 seconds, and look at the score ticker at the bottom.

200w.gif
you owe me royalties for the duck gif
all christmas music should be removed from the radio

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
ADVERTISEMENT