ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

If IU really wanted to play in stuff like that they could. The crossroads classic is the least of their non conference schedule. IU essentially plays a home game every year in the crossroads classic against a top 50 team on what would be considered a “neutral court win” and you guys complain about it?

Thank god you kept the next 2 dates open for central Arkansas and the valuable Saturday in December for Jacksonville.
Imp it has more to do with taking up one of the incredible valuable December Saturdays then it does about Butler, or ND.

Also....

Since its apparent you're choosing to only read certain posts, I'll say again. Miller has said on multiple occasions that he wants to dramatically improve the OOC. since hes not given the fanbase any reason to not believe him...I'm taking him at his word. Especially with how much better it got this year. But, if 5 years down the road it never improved...I'll be saying that I wish we would have just kept playing the crossroads. But since neither of us can see into the future...I'm unable to see 5 years from now.

Last edited:
Imp it has more to do with taking up one of the incredible valuable December Saturdays then it does about Butler, or ND.

tkxdnSC.gif

Lol...you of all people acting like facts are important to you. Have you ever wondered why everyone here can have a adult conversation with someone like @CardinalBoiler , but yet it's nearly impossible to have one with you?
An adult conversation? You’re in la la land. 75% of the posts are troll posts. Do you realize you don’t know shit and have an amazing opinion of yourself? I just offered an opinion - you don’t like it? Use the ignore button. It’s not hard . Hit my name. Hit ignore. I’m performing that amazingly difficult feat now.

An adult conversation? You’re in la la land. 75% of the posts are troll posts. Do you realize you don’t know shit and have an amazing opinion of yourself? I just offered an opinion - you don’t like it? Use the ignore button. It’s not hard . Hit my name. Hit ignore. I’m performing that amazingly difficult feat now.

Irony is thick with this one...as if you're worthy of ignoring.

Why do you constantly go on tilt during each conversation?

Oh yeah, I'm calling bullshit that 75% of your posts are troll attempts. If that was truly the case, all of your conversations wouldn't end in a temper tantrum by you.

Bets for Saturday:

Under 142 Purdue/Notre Dame
Indiana -1
Gonzaga +4
Parlayed South Dakota State +17 and the over 162
Over 146 Illinois/ETSU
Arizona State -3
Kentucky -13

Truthfully, when I was typing out my post Michigan state immediately came to mind as the team probably closes to this scenario. But I don't believe even they schedule 3 top 5 teams on a regular basis. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if were talking about 3 top 15 teams then I think that would be more consistent with their schedule?

Trying to think about just this year, and so far isn't the only top 5 team they've faced is Kansas?

I meant usually 1 top5 team + a Butler/ND worthy in the non conf. It'd be hard to guarantee 3 top5 every year, since teams are constantly rotating in the rankings.

MSU always plays at least one of Duke, Kentucky, and Kansas every year. Then usually another upper level team or 2.

This year Kansas, UCLA, Texas, @ Louisville, @
Florida
2017-18: Duke, UNC, ND, UConn
16-17: Arizona, Kentucky, Baylor, @ Duke

I think that's a fair point. However, I think the 20-game conference schedule does change the paradigm a bit when trying to schedule aggressively. Because as long as those two additional conference games are eliminating the 250+ buy-games from everyone's schedule, the SOS is going to jump up across the board.

I guess I just disagree with the premise that if the Crossroads Classic was off IU's schedule, they would have more freedom than they do currently to go out and sign a home-and-home with a top-15 program on an annual basis.

I love the CC. Many states have copied this model but, few can match what the state brings. IU can scratch some scrub directional school if we want to play a big game against a UA, KU or UK. Hate this narrative some IU fans use.

Irony is thick with this one...as if you're worthy of ignoring.
Damn you were one of the last IU posters who I could tolerate. Snu, Bull, Klize, jace, and now Iowa. Not sure how I can continue without your in depth knowledge but I’ll soldier on. Not having to wade thru your bullshit somehow...
giphy.gif

Reactions: KisteK
I meant usually 1 top5 team + a Butler/ND worthy in the non conf. It'd be hard to guarantee 3 top5 every year, since teams are constantly rotating in the rankings.

MSU always plays at least one of Duke, Kentucky, and Kansas every year. Then usually another upper level team or 2.

This year Kansas, UCLA, Texas, @ Louisville, @
Florida
2017-18: Duke, UNC, ND, UConn
16-17: Arizona, Kentucky, Baylor, @ Duke
Oh yeah, I definitely agree with you then. The only way to consistently have 3 games within the top 5 would be to schedule UK for the first game of the season. It has to be first incase they are once again overrated during the preseason. Then follow it immediately up with Kansas and Duke.

Bets for Saturday:

Under 142 Purdue/Notre Dame
Indiana -1
Gonzaga +4
Parlayed South Dakota State +17 and the over 162
Over 146 Illinois/ETSU
Arizona State -3
Kentucky -13
Is this what you already took, or just the lines of what you're thinking about taking?

I've never been any good at sports betting. Not sure why, but looking at the betting lines really messes with my dyslexia.

I think that's a fair point. However, I think the 20-game conference schedule does change the paradigm a bit when trying to schedule aggressively. Because as long as those two additional conference games are eliminating the 250+ buy-games from everyone's schedule, the SOS is going to jump up across the board.

I guess I just disagree with the premise that if the Crossroads Classic was off IU's schedule, they would have more freedom than they do currently to go out and sign a home-and-home with a top-15 program on an annual basis.
If I could rewind this conversation I would change my initial objection. It really doesn't have anything to do with Butler, or ND. I also don't mind that financially Indiana generates the most money for the event. Simply because I do think the event is good for the state in general.

Instead, I would have said my issue is still about lost revenue. But that's because it's on a December Saturday. I think this is being overlooked by everyone. During the college season, December Saturdays are one of the most important days in regards to making money. In November, it seems like most marquee games are played during the weekdays at nights. January is the start of conference games....so, that leaves the handful of Saturday's before xmas for placement of the big games being played that month.

IU has already lost out on an invite for the event that includes UCLA, UK, N. Carolina and the team that took the spot the organizers wanted iu for....Ohio St. This event is going to always be a major money maker that IU missed out on.

If the crossroads was scheduled like the ACC/BIG challenge and put on weeknights....you wouldn't hear a single negative thing from me.

People can get all worked up because of this (not you), but I don't think it's an irrational stance.

Reactions: CardinalBoiler
If I could rewind this conversation I would change my initial objection. It really doesn't have anything to do with Butler, or ND. I also don't mind that financially Indiana generates the most money for the event. Simply because I do think the event is good for the state in general.

Instead, I would have said my issue is still about lost revenue. But that's because it's on a December Saturday. I think this is being overlooked by everyone. During the college season, December Saturdays are one of the most important days in regards to making money. In November, it seems like most marquee games are played during the weekdays at nights. January is the start of conference games....so, that leaves the handful of Saturday's before xmas for placement of the big games being played that month.

IU has already lost out on an invite for the event that includes UCLA, UK, N. Carolina and the team that took the spot the organizers wanted iu for....Ohio St. This event is going to always be a major money maker that IU missed out on.

If the crossroads was scheduled like the ACC/BIG challenge and put on weeknights....you wouldn't hear a single negative thing from me.

People can get all worked up because of this (not you), but I don't think it's an irrational stance.

I agree with most of this. However, some years, including this year, both games are on CBS

How do you usually do over the course of a season? I know some will be great, and others leave you crying in a corner lol... but do you usually do pretty good over a whole season?
not really, i have a conservative budget of like $200-300 a season. ill lose a couple hundred usually, because ill get down by having a bad day, go on tilt and put like 200 on one game, way more than the usual 20-30 bet i make, and lose. but ive built my bankroll up pretty good this season so far

Reactions: KisteK
Kenpom rankings

UM 4
MSU 8
Wis 13
Pur 14

At what point does Kpom become more relevant than a homer’s eye test?

Kenpom rankings

UM 4
MSU 8
Wis 13
Pur 14

At what point does Kpom become more relevant than a homer’s eye test?
What am I missing here...how is Purdue still ranked 14th by kenpom? All of their loses have been against good teams, but not understanding why so high?

Not a troll attempt ...I seriously don't understand it, so if someone knows please explain lol

not really, i have a conservative budget of like $200-300 a season. ill lose a couple hundred usually, because ill get down by having a bad day, go on tilt and put like 200 on one game, way more than the usual 20-30 bet i make, and lose. but ive built my bankroll up pretty good this season so far
This was me to a T when I played poker. I was actually a pretty good player who was able to make a modest living from it. But dear God, if I go on tilt I better not have the mortgage to the house because that bitch is going into the middle of the table lol

Every year I have to listen to my Iowa boys talk about this half rate tournament they play in this state. Say shit like they invented BB (hyperbole)...Indiana set the standard, shit they are the standard of in-state BB. Never liked how some IU fans downgraded the CC.
Huh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT