ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

A bit off topic but it’s laughable that David Bell didn’t win Mr. Football. Absolutely laughable.
Just read how the voting for Mr. Football is done. 60 coaches vote. 10 from each class. Kiser won the 1A vote 10-0 and the 2A vote, 9-1. Bell won 4, 5 and 6A..Split 3A.

Really? 60 voters. Eeek. And LMAO at the 1A coaches voting 10-0. Yeah, I mean, OK...Laughing

Hoosiers, are you offended the way they portrayed IU and the state of Indiana on the Bob Knight 30 for 30?

Guys, I want you to know my absence from the board has nothing to do with Illinois sucking. I'm just doing a combination of crack, meth, and rat poison now for reasons completely unrelated to being below .500, and it's surprisingly hard to juggle hardcore drugs and you guys.
I think you deserve a high 5 for not doing heroin! Got to think of the positives!

It's my 40th birthday today. I'm the son of an Indiana high school basketball coach, and my first love was basketball. I swear to God to this day that I can "feel" a ball bounce off a hardwood floor. I remember jumping up when Keith Smart hit the game winner in 87. I was at assembly Hall in the training room when Bob Knight got fired. I was tear gassed as a student when IU made their run in 02. I was watching live playing sink the biz for the Wat shot. I love the Indiana Hoosiers and proud to be an alum. I also love coming here a few times a day to read all of you be assholes to each other. If you have the opportunity, have a shot for me today. I'll be wearing my candy striped pants at my birthday party.
We're close to the same age, and birthday. .I just turned 41 on the 9th. Happy birthday, bud!

Reactions: theetommyt
Hoosiers, are you offended the way they portrayed IU and the state of Indiana on the Bob Knight 30 for 30?
If it aired 18 years ago, I'm embarrassed to admit that I'd been in the front of the line to burn every building down at ESPN. However, 18 years later, I'm somewhat of an adult now, so no, it doesn't bother me one bit. Knight, imo is the greatest basketball mind that I've ever seen. But dear God, he is a POS as a human and doesn't deserve an ounce of sympathy!

Now, I'm honestly just sad about the whole situation. I find it hard to understand how it's even possible for everything to go down in 3 short years. a player who as a freshman had his shoulder popped back in on the sidelines...just to go back in and almost immediately dive for a ball to dislocate it again. Then, once he had it popped back in again, went back into the game and took a charge.

To watch him on video almost in tears a few years later as he watched the tape. Its just sad

Reactions: superhusker33
Knight very much in the past. Seems like an IU theme.;)

That’s cute coming from you

The_Man_Who_Never_Was.jpg

From what I’m told It’s like anything else on tv, told one side to push an agenda. Now a lot of the soft folks have turned up their nose.!
You could probably do something pretty close with a lot of the old school guys. I'm sure Gene Keady wouldn't look so hot if the same were done with him. Not that hard to manipulate the image of a guy that doesn't baby his players.

You could probably do something pretty close with a lot of the old school guys. I'm sure Gene Keady wouldn't look so hot if the same were done with him. Not that hard to manipulate the image of a guy that doesn't baby his players.
There is no comparison between Gene and Bobby in the character department...zero. One has character the other does not. Also zero documented cases of Gene abusing someone physically. That’s an unfair comparison. Despite zero banners Purdue fans love Gene and the feeling is recipricol.

There is no comparison between Gene and Bobby in the character department...zero. One has character the other does not. Also zero documented cases of Gene abusing someone physically. That’s an unfair comparison. Despite zero banners Purdue fans love Gene and the feeling is recipricol.
I wasn't accusing Gene of doing what Knight did. Just saying that you could make a documentary that made it appear that Keady crossed the line. More speaking on how a documentary can take a stance and frame its stance in a certain light.

Reactions: SNU0821
I wasn't accusing Gene of doing what Knight did. Just saying that you could make a documentary that made it appear that Keady crossed the line. More speaking on how a documentary can take a stance and frame its stance in a certain light.

You could for IL and Lou Henson for sure. I am waiting for that 30 for 30. ; )

Thanks for the clarification. Bobby’s classless and abusive behavior is public record. Nobody painted him in a bad light - just presented many documented occurrences of Bobby being an abusive narcissist. Bobby didn’t cross a line - he lived on the other side of the line. He won in a big way so that made his behavior acceptable. The revisionism here is trying to make it look like Bob was a victim of tabloid journalism. Bob was a dick when he showed up to IU and was a dick when he left.

Thanks for the clarification. Bobby’s classless and abusive behavior is public record. Nobody painted him in a bad light - just presented many documented occurrences of Bobby being an abusive narcissist. Bobby didn’t cross a line - he lived on the other side of the line. He won in a big way so that made his behavior acceptable. The revisionism here is trying to make it look like Bob was a victim of tabloid journalism. Bob was a dick when he showed up to IU and was a dick when he left.

You must be really upset Gene is friends with Bob.

The question was about the university and the state, mainly IU fans in the state. Not about Knight. We all know what coach was.

Something to remember Pig...Hate erodes the container in which it is carried in.

Reactions: superhusker33
The question was about the university and the state, mainly IU fans in the state. Not about Knight. We all know what coach was.

Something to remember Pig...Hate erodes the container in which it is carried in.
Noted. But there wasn’t any hate intended. Ignoring bad behavior may be corrosive as well. IU and IU basketball fans ignored and even celebrated it. I saw it leaking into this thread in several posts claiming revisionist journalism and how people are soft today. IU was soft for 30 years in handling Knight. Credit to the admin who finally said enough and did it despite the hate directed their way. They are not soft and are to be thanked.

Noted. But there wasn’t any hate intended. Ignoring bad behavior may be corrosive as well. IU and IU basketball fans ignored and even celebrated it. I saw it leaking into this thread in several posts claiming revisionist journalism and how people are soft today. IU was soft for 30 years in handling Knight. Credit to the admin who finally said enough and did it despite the hate directed their way. They are not soft and are to be thanked.

Is the same group that think "Baby its cold outside" should be removed from the radio. Was Knight an asshole? Yes. Did he do anything illegal in anyway? No.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT