ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

Fortunately, your free throw defense is more than making up for your free throw issues. 12th nationally in free throw defense at 60.7% in damn impressive.

That may be Painter's greatest failing. To allow opponents to shoot 75.2% from the free throw line (324th nationally) is a fireable offense IMO. It's like he doesn't even teach free throw defense.

Someones still salty

An AP voter named Graham Couch doesn't have Duke, Tennessee and Kansas in his top 25. I didn't read his reasoning because there's no reason in giving that dumbass clicks, but he's the same guy who said Villanova wasn't worthy of its number 1 ranking far into the season last year

An AP voter named Graham Couch doesn't have Duke, Tennessee and Kansas in his top 25. I didn't read his reasoning because there's no reason in giving that dumbass clicks, but he's the same guy who said Villanova wasn't worthy of its number 1 ranking far into the season last year

Yeah he’s the MSU columnist for the Lansing State Journal and does this ever year

He has Maryland at 16. I need him to get more then 1 vote.

Indeed. To be fair, even Purdue fans were all over the map. For example iirc I predicted 20ish wins and bubble team (i predicted NCAAT as a 8-10 seed) and some were more optimistic, but we were hard to project this year, even for those who follow closely.

Season not over yet, but right now looks like my preseason outlook was close, albeit slightly optimistic perhaps. B10 looks tough as nails this year, so will be a slugfest going forward imo
I think we all underestimated how tough the entire B10 was going to be this year. That's gonna be a factor in our predictions this year.

His reasoning is that he won't rank any teams who haven't played a true road game.

That said, he's pretty stupid with most of his hot takes.

The image so you can zoom in easier:

DuET38mWwAAbmQu.jpg:large

I think we all underestimated how tough the entire B10 was going to be this year. That's gonna be a factor in our predictions this year.
For sure. It's looking like Purdue will end up with a top 10 SOS when all is said and done. That's less than ideal when trying to replace four multi-year starters.

Fortunately, your free throw defense is more than making up for your free throw issues. 12th nationally in free throw defense at 60.7% in damn impressive.

That may be Painter's greatest failing. To allow opponents to shoot 75.2% from the free throw line (324th nationally) is a fireable offense IMO. It's like he doesn't even teach free throw defense.
No shit! Free throw defense is not elite level. 50% ft shooters are 100% against Purdue. Also horrible that random occurrences defense sucks. But hey there are a lot of board experts that can discern the difference between 6-4 Purdue vs 9-1 Purdue. All losses away from home (3 true road games and 1 neutral). But “they” saw it coming.

No shit! Free throw defense is not elite level. 50% ft shooters are 100% against Purdue. Also horrible that random occurrences defense sucks. But hey there are a lot of board experts that can discern the difference between 6-4 Purdue vs 9-1 Purdue. All losses away from home (3 true road games and 1 neutral). But “they” saw it coming.
SALTY

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
Hoosiers sneak back into the Top 25.

5. Michigan (1)
9. Michigan State
15. Ohio State
16. Wisconsin
22. Iowa
24. Nebraska
t-25. Indiana

Michigan 10-0 with 9 of those 10 being blowouts (including over #12 UNC and #17 Villanova) and still behind three teams with a loss.

Graham Couch is the overweight MSU beat writer for the Lansing State Journal as noted above.

It was on the this upcoming weekend last year where Msu won a hard fought game with Oakland where the aforementioned butterball was adament that OU would finish in the 5-7 range in the Big Ten. This was based merely on that game and ignoring earlier beatdowns from Kansas and Syracuse, not to mention losses to Toledo and Eastern Michigan.

Oakland would finish fourth in the Horizon at 10-8 and not qualify for the CBI or CIT (if that ish still exists).

Michigan 10-0 with 9 of those 10 being blowouts (including over #12 UNC and #17 Villanova) and still behind three teams with a loss.

Michigan doesn't have have that elite level win that the top 4 teams have, and obviously those three losses also came from within the top 4 as well.

That being said, I think Michigan should be #2 given how dominant they've been.

Reactions: KisteK
Graham Couch is the overweight MSU beat writer for the Lansing State Journal as noted above.

It was on the this upcoming weekend last year where Msu won a hard fought game with Oakland where the aforementioned butterball was adament that OU would finish in the 5-7 range in the Big Ten. This was based merely on that game and ignoring earlier beatdowns from Kansas and Syracuse, not to mention losses to Toledo and Eastern Michigan.

Oakland would finish fourth in the Horizon at 10-8 and not qualify for the CBI or CIT (if that ish still exists).

Overweight?

28911775001_5972424499001_5972429372001-vs.jpg

Michigan doesn't have have that elite level win that the top 4 teams have, and obviously those three losses also came from within the top 4 as well.

That being said, I think Michigan should be #2 given how dominant they've been.
Hey, they beat Purdue. Oh.....never mind.

But the win at Villanova is pretty damn impressive.

Thanks Richard. IU degree in Dickhead Studies?
Nah. Just correcting you because obviously you aren’t smart enough to know the difference between there and their. Pretty much proves my thought that you never went to Purdue.

Nah. Just correcting you because obviously you aren’t smart enough to know the difference between there and their. Pretty much proves my thought that you never went to Purdue.
As usual you are wrong. The improper use of there and their is a piss poor indicator of intelligence so it makes complete sense for you to use it as such because your* a dumbass.

Purdue losses so far...
#10 Fla St (away) 1 point loss
#13 Va Tech (neutral) 6 point loss
# 5 UM (away) 19 point loss
NR Texas (away) 4 point loss

That’s it - Purdue is a work in progress . The losses listed above are not bad losses. More than likely those are wins at home. Purdue can’t close - that’s a problem but none of those losses are remotely bad. KP agrees- and he’s smarter than at least 80% of the posters in this thread. All IU fans included in the 80%. (There* slow)

Reactions: KisteK
Purdue losses so far...

That’s it - Purdue is a work in progress . The losses listed above are not bad losses. More than likely those are wins at home. Purdue can’t close - that’s a problem but none of those losses are remotely bad. KP agrees- and he’s smarter than at least 80% of the posters in this thread. All IU fans included in the 80%. (There* slow)
Going to be tough to make the tourney with no signature non con wins.

Reactions: SNU0821
Purdue losses so far...

Ok Gil

Reactions: Jaycg15 and SNU0821
ADVERTISEMENT