ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

I'm shocked he let your post calling them "mediocre as hell" slide but popped a chub when he thought he could call me out for it.
I really don’t know how one can argue Purdue has been better than mediocre at this point anyway.

Mediocre as hell? They've had trouble closing out good opponents but the four losses are the KenPom #4 (by 19), #11 (by 6), #14 (by 1) and #37 (by 4).

The current SOS is #8. This is a terrible year to have such a difficult early season schedule and it was compounded by having to go to Michigan and host Maryland in the early B1G games.
Can't argue this....Been a rough, early go. BUT...It ain't gonna get any easier. Big 10 is tough as hell.

Reactions: SNU0821
I don't remember anyone saying he couldn't do it. Actually, what was said was that if he dies....Purdue's going to be in trouble.

Thanks for pointing out how right we were.

I really hope he doesn’t pass away. Would be awful.

I swear I could say the earth is round and the little ankle-biting-dog posters like boilerzz would pop up and start arguing the earth is flat.

dog-1203228_640-640x425.jpg

Didn’t you just say Purdue was going to be fine after their game @UM? Lol you change your tune that quick or are you just getting on the hate bandwagon?
Fine going forward, I like the class they have coming in. Ask anyone on this board, I had Purdue as a bubble team coming into the season.

nothing we've seen so far from Purdue is surprising, it's an all american with a lot of role players, a bubble team. Purdue has no bad losses and two quality wins (Davidson/Maryland). its schedule has been difficult
Davidson? They are 71st in Kenpom...I mean, its an ok win, I guess. But quality?

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Indiana wins games
Refer to my earlier post where I said I really think both teams would have the same record if schedules were reversed. Just let me try to bring you down a bit after a Purdue loss man.

Refer to my earlier post where I said I really think both teams would have the same record if schedules were reversed. Just let me try to bring you down a bit after a Purdue loss man.
I dont agree with this at all. I don’t know that Purdue beats Louisville or wins at PSU or even at Arkansas.

I dont agree with this at all. I don’t know that Purdue beats Louisville or wins at PSU or even at Arkansas.
I think Louisville and MD are comparable home wins. Arkansas and Texas similar road losses. Can’t really compare the others. Purdue would obviously lose at Duke. Idk if IU wins @FSU or against VT on a neutral floor.

IU has 4 top 50 wins on kenpom to Purdue's 1

Say what you want, Radford and VCU beat Texas. That's a game IU wouldn't lose. VT, or FSU who knows.

This IU team is far from great, there are still a lot of holes(shooting, size, youth ect..). That being said, they're almost a lock tournament team barring injuries. Purdue is far from a lock and more likely a bubble team.

Reactions: SNU0821
IU has 4 top 50 wins on kenpom to Purdue's 1

Say what you want, Radford and VCU beat Texas. That's a game IU wouldn't lose. VT, or FSU who knows.

This IU team is far from great, there are still a lot of holes(shooting, size, youth ect..). That being said, they're almost a lock tournament team barring injuries. Purdue is far from a lock and more likely a bubble team.
Arkansas literally lost to Texas on a neutral court and just lost to Western Kentucky. I don’t think either team is close to a lock for anything yet.

You nearly lost to Penn State but you're guaranteeing a win at Texas? lol OK
IU won the game at Penn State and Texas is only ranked 5 spots higher on kenpom. Penn State's defense is ranked top 10 in the country. There's no proof that Texas is even the better team.

Penn State would be the second best win on Purdue's schedule and best win away from home.

You nearly lost to Penn State but you're guaranteeing a win at Texas? lol OK
PSU and Texas are damn near even in Kenpom; PSU 42nd/TX 37. Not to mention, after faling behind by 9 at PSU, Indiana pretty much dominated the game. Led by as much as 14. Just got careless at the end.

I don't think its a guarantee IU wins at Texas, but I'd like our chances.

Yeah I thought their ceiling was a 5 seed type and floor was missing the tournament entirely. Defense has been a major disappointment for me. I think they showed what they’re capable of in the 2nd half of the MD game. I think Eastern, Haarms, Edwards, Wheeler can all be plus defenders and ideally they would all be in the starting lineup but Painter can’t get off the Grady train.

I think Maryland won the Maryland game for Purdue. Not sure if the blame is solely Turgeon's,but somehow,someway Maryland failed to totally dominate in a game where nobody on the opposition was capable of handling their 2 7 footers on the interior. Why Fernando didn't totally take over that game and build on Maryland's halftime edge I'll never understand...

Reactions: SIhoosier26
What a shock. A top 10 team from last year returns only 40% of their production consisting of an All American and role players, brings in a solid grad transfer, but no recruits worthy of playing time as freshmen and they are looking like a team on the good side of the bubble. Shocked I tell ya....

ADVERTISEMENT