ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the tradition of our rivalrys is more important.

Outside of a miracle by MSU, and minus OSU, the divisions are equal.

Unless, and I mean unless, Michigan is back.

Which I am not sure. Hell, they lost to Sparty.
In case you haven’t noticed, MSU has had a pretty good football program for like the last 15 years. No shame in UM taking the L to MSU.

In case you haven’t noticed, MSU has had a pretty good football program for like the last 15 years. No shame in UM taking the L to MSU.
I’m the last 10 years we’ve won the Rose Bowl and the Cotten Bowl, won the Big Ten multiple times, went to the playoffs, and are in another NY6 bowl this year.

Even with some shit years we have been far and away a better program than Iowa recently.

Reactions: SpartyGotSix
I’m the last 10 years we’ve won the Rose Bowl and the Cotten Bowl, won the Big Ten multiple times, went to the playoffs, and are in another NY6 bowl this year.

Even with some shit years we have been far and away a better program than Iowa recently.

You wish you were Iowa. We tap that MSU ass

I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left before we met.

giphy.gif

Interesting.

In my experience it’s always been women that believe in that type of stuff and are trying to convince others.

Wife not going for it?

Her friend went to one and bought jt hook line and sinker. Wife was telling me about it and we were watching videos about how bogus the entire business is. It’s really one of the most ridiculous things I think people believe in.

Her friend went to one and bought jt hook line and sinker. Wife was telling me about it and we were watching videos about how bogus the entire business is. It’s really one of the most ridiculous things I think people believe in.
Yeah, I try my best not to judge what people believe in, but it’s hard to take someone seriously when they go all in on that.

Had to dump a girl because of that one time, she had big booty too :/

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Not that anyone cares about the peach bowl but Kenneth Walker is sitting it out.
So is Kenny Pickett for Pitt. Both teams without their stars. These non playoff bowl games mean **** all. It’s a shame. Getting in a NY6 game is cool but we’re going to be watching worse versions of both teams we’ve seen all year. We need to expand it to 12 IMO. Still the incentive of getting a bye if in the top 4. Who doesn’t want to watch more good football? And now conference champions or super deserving teams won’t be left out.

He’s also been battling a nagging ankle injury since Purdue and will be a draft pick. Just not much reason to fvck it up.

I think guys like this sitting out is the right decision for them but the fact that this happens so often just proves the playoffs need to be expanded.

You don’t know what you’re missing
I am truly curious what I’m missing lol I don’t live-bet anything unless I’m watching it live and there’s a stoppage in play, and other than that I don’t really care, just show me the numbers after the fact. Not saying you guys are wrong but just want to know why you view that app in a superior light.

So is Kenny Pickett for Pitt. Both teams without their stars. These non playoff bowl games mean **** all. It’s a shame. Getting in a NY6 game is cool but we’re going to be watching worse versions of both teams we’ve seen all year. We need to expand it to 12 IMO. Still the incentive of getting a bye if in the top 4. Who doesn’t want to watch more good football? And now conference champions or super deserving teams won’t be left out.

He’s also been battling a nagging ankle injury since Purdue and will be a draft pick. Just not much reason to fvck it up.

I think guys like this sitting out is the right decision for them but the fact that this happens so often just proves the playoffs need to be expanded.
Bowl games outside of playoffs/BCS era have always been meaningless. It’s funny seeing people get worked up for their team’s best players sitting out of a glorified exhibition game now that it’s become more popular. The college football playoff system definitely needs to be expanded. Wild to me it’s still only 4 teams.

Reactions: MGC_07
Maybe I didn’t pay attention to it much when I was younger, but it didn’t seem like kids were sitting out as often during the BCS era.

You are right though, if 12-16 teams were in the playoffs there would be much more participation from the stars come January.

Reactions: HoosierAlice
Maybe I didn’t pay attention to it much when I was younger, but it didn’t seem like kids were sitting out as often during the BCS era.

You are right though, if 12-16 teams were in the playoffs there would be much more participation from the stars come January.
And it would be sick.

I like the 12 number. First 4 get byes, extra practice and rest as a reward. Just amazing football.

The first 4 (5v12, 6v11, 7v10, 8v9) would be played at home for the higher ranked team. Then from there on out it’s 6 games until the title game, and the NY6 bowls could rotate the Final Four like they are currently, except the other bowls still have weight.

I would kill for that shit as a football fan. Must see TV.

Reactions: cmore79
And it would be sick.

I like the 12 number. First 4 get byes, extra practice and rest as a reward. Just amazing football.

The first 4 (5v12, 6v11, 7v10, 8v9) would be played at home for the higher ranked team. Then from there on out it’s 6 games until the title game, and the NY6 bowls could rotate the Final Four like they are currently, except the other bowls still have weight.

Having playoff games at college venues would be amazing.

Literally everything in this post would be how I would do it, can’t believe it hasn’t adapted to this type of a format already to be honest.

It’s like they want to leave money on the table.

Reactions: MGC_07

Which is why I never cared about Harbaugh’s bowl record. I’m not sure Jabril Peppers ever played in one.

We just had a thread on this. Yahoo Sports app is the best scoreboard app out there. If you’re not using it I’d consider the swap.
Definitely untrue. The gambling app scoreboards are about 30-60 seconds ahead of the tv feed, which is about 30-60 seconds ahead of espn, yahoo, or any of the media scoreboards. I would recommend fanduel or draftkings.

Definitely untrue. The gambling app scoreboards are about 30-60 seconds ahead of the tv feed, which is about 30-60 seconds ahead of espn, yahoo, or any of the media scoreboards. I would recommend fanduel or draftkings.

Definitely true. Even if what you say about live scoring is legit, that's really only a fraction of what I care about on the app. The Yahoo sports app interface is amazing and quick. I can click NCAAB and sort by any of the 32 conferences, top 25, Power 5, in seconds. Then look by day, see conference standings, stats, etc. Click on a team and see their team stats, individual stats, schedule, roster. Their database and interface is just really, really impressive for a sports app. It blows anything I ever used out of the water.

Now for a sports bettor that is live betting or whatever, I could see where that extra 30-60 seconds is the most important thing. But for me as someone who loves to look at stats, schedules, standings etc. the Yahoo app is king.

Last edited:
Reactions: snowsquirrel11

Am I missing something? I’m on DK Live and only see 5 sports none being college basketball.

C61-FA316-9616-4-BAB-932-A-ABB2-FDC0-AA01.jpg

Go check out DraftKings Live and tell me what you think. I’m ready to uninstall it already because I can’t find college sports scores.
I don’t know what the Wisconsin rules are. On FD and DK here in CT, I get everything from ncaab to the russian table tennis league.

And it would be sick.

I’ve been torn. I preferred staying at four but with a definitive criteria. It switches between putting in the four best or the four most deserving. They literally use those words depending on the year and it’s had an effect on Ohio State in all 8 years. Some good, some bad. It is definitely going to 12 and I do think that will help the majority of the teams but I’ll have to adjust. If it were 12, in some years it would likely be better to lose your last game to avoid the conference championship game.

I’ve been torn. I preferred staying at four but with a definitive criteria. It switches between putting in the four best or the four most deserving. They literally use those words depending on the year and it’s had an effect on Ohio State in all 8 years. Some good, some bad. It is definitely going to 12 and I do think that will help the majority of the teams but I’ll have to adjust. If it were 12, in some years it would likely be better to lose your last game to avoid the conference championship game.

Winning the conference championship game increases your chance at a first round playoff bye or home field advantage in round 1.

And it would be sick.

I’ve felt 8 is fine. P5 conference champs get a bid. Three at large bids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT