ADVERTISEMENT

****OFFICIAL ACC TOURNEY****

north-carolina-coach-dean-smith-and-team-november-30-1981-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg
FfSJ2fYXwAIlm8y

These two squads are practically identical. Both were preseason #1. They both had a coach - both had 5 players on the court at the same time. Any other similarities that I'm missing?
The shorts are damn near similar lengths

Reactions: dukedevilz
north-carolina-coach-dean-smith-and-team-november-30-1981-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg
FfSJ2fYXwAIlm8y

These two squads are practically identical. Both were preseason #1. They both had a coach - both had 5 players on the court at the same time. Any other similarities that I'm missing?

Bulges in shorts look similar to me

• Haha
Reactions: dukedevilz
FfSJ2fYXwAIlm8y

According to that graphic, they were obviously missing a key white player in their starting line-up/rotation this season 🤔

But no, seriously. A white player that could shoot from 3 is like, exactly what they needed. Lol

Blind team

Tell me how many wins/how could you think this team should be at ?

C 5 star Big #27 on rivals, 4th year senior
F 4 star Forward #67 on rivals, 5th year senior
SF 4 Star #81 on rivals, 5th year senior
G 5 star guard #17 on rivals, Junior
G 4 star , #51 on rivals, Junior

6th man

F 4 star # 64 on rivals, Junior

Seriously though. With normal improvement and development over 3-5 years how is a team with 2 5 stars and 4 4 stars at the year 3-5 mark so effing bad. Has to be coaching

Minimum I would predict blind this team should be a top 2 seed, probably even a 1 seed.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Nice try.

Really? Lol

The list of things that would need to happen for Miami to win this game after losing Omier in the first two minutes would be pretty long. Forget tonight, I'm freaking out about Thurs/Friday more. He couldn't put any weight on it 😔

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
This Wong guy from Miami is awful dumb but that was a bad foul call on Flip.

If Duke wins the acc tourney could they get a 4 or even 3 seed?
4 maybe, MAYBE. 3 no way. Wouldn't want to be a 1 seed if they get a 5 though. Of course they could just lose in the first round.

4 maybe, MAYBE. 3 no way. Wouldn't want to be a 1 seed if they get a 5 though. Of course they could just lose in the first round.
They've won 8 in a row. Everyone is healthy . If I was a Duke fan my hopes would be up. Lively and whitehead getting better

Reactions: ceilo77
Props Duke

You guys are balling right now. You guys look like a final four team. It's weird that the game was that close looking at the box score. Duke was 8/16 from 3, Miami 8/26. Miami shot 15 free throws, Duke 25. Duke outrebounded Miami 36-24.

Proctor shot really well, Roach hit the big 3 under two minutes, Mitchell hit a couple, and I didn't know Whitehead could shoot like that. He makes a huge difference for you guys. He only had two made 3's but it felt like more. Then the two 3 point shots that Wong fouled him on were big. Flip is so nasty. He could've gotten anything he wanted tonight once Omier went out. Miami is probably fortunate that Flip didn't take more shots. I get the feeling he's going to detonate in one of the upcoming tourney games and go for like 35 in the sweet 16 or something.

A bit sappy but I'm proud of the rest of the Miami team for battling like they did and giving themselves a chance to win. Losing Omier one minute into the game felt like Duke by 20. Wong played big, Jordan Miller is so damn solid. Duke did a good job defending Pack. There was just zero resistance in the paint and on the boards without Omier. Hurts that Omier's replacement gives us nothing at all on offense. Anthony Walker can't shoot, can't dribble, isn't big enough to post up, lol. It was like playing 4 on 5 with him, against a team that's already very hard to score on.

Roach has been pretty clutch this year. Well, against UNC he has at least. Of course, they also just move out of his way and spread red roses on the ground and let him drive him for the layup but still...he has to make it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Roach has been pretty clutch this year. Well, against UNC he has at least. Of course, they also just move out of his way and spread red roses on the ground and let him drive him for the layup but still...he has to make it.
As they should.

Congrats on the ACC championship Duke. There's literally no way the ACC lets UVA win tomorrow after publicly apologizing to Duke for the previous game between these two teams. I'm just glad we took care of business against the two teams we had a fighting chance against.

Last edited:
Congrats on the ACC championship Duke. There's literally no way the ACC lets UVA win tomorrow after publicly apologizing to Duke for the previous game between these two teams. I'm just glad we took care of business against the two teams we had a fighting chance against.
Nice try, we all know your people run the world. Just ask Kyrie.

Don’t be a bitch Moss. I think we win tomorrow but it’s not cuz of the refs, we’re just a better team.

If UVA wins, I need you to be on your best troll game and humiliate us.

Reactions: jhmossy
According to that graphic, they were obviously missing a key white player in their starting line-up/rotation this season 🤔

But no, seriously. A white player that could shoot from 3 is like, exactly what they needed. Lol

Brady Manek was a pretty big loss, for sure.

Honestly didn't think there would be much of a drop-off from Manek to Nance. I don't know what it is about Nance, but I swear he took a step back in his development as a player. Seems a step slower; his shooting has also been very inconsistent. Think his confidence took a bit of a hit this season.

Reactions: TKBray
Blind team

Tell me how many wins/how could you think this team should be at ?

C 5 star Big #27 on rivals, 4th year senior
F 4 star Forward #67 on rivals, 5th year senior
SF 4 Star #81 on rivals, 5th year senior
G 5 star guard #17 on rivals, Junior
G 4 star , #51 on rivals, Junior

6th man

F 4 star # 64 on rivals, Junior

That's a little unfair, don't you think? I mean, Hubert only had 11 top 100 players on his roster. We can't expect him to make the tournament with such modest talent.

That's a little unfair, don't you think? I mean, Hubert only had 11 top 100 players on his roster. We can't expect him to make the tournament with such modest talent.
Can't "blame" team chemistry either. In the book 13 straight, that covers 13 of the 14 straight B12 titles, players went on record in 05 and 2010 that the team chemistry was bad and KU was a 3 seed and 1 seed those years. It's Hubert and the staffs fault.

You aren't there for just x's and o's, a major part of the job is being a psychologist, therapist and getting your guys minds right and motivating them.

What a failure of a coaching job.

Don’t be a bitch Moss. I think we win tomorrow but it’s not cuz of the refs, we’re just a better team.

If UVA wins, I need you to be on your best troll game and humiliate us.

I don’t need any reason to humiliate you. Plus, you already make it really easy.

Reactions: tw3301
IDK why Duke is favored in this game, but UVA gonna win by 6.

Because they’re probably slightly better, it’s in Greensboro, and the ACC feels like they screwed Duke over the last time these two teams played.

Before the bracket comes out tomorrow-who goes further in the NCAA tourney- Duke or Virginia??

ADVERTISEMENT