ADVERTISEMENT

****OFFICIAL ACC TOURNEY****

PA_Panther

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2010
I have no clue who is going to end up raising a banner. Should make for some interesting basketball these next few days. My guess is Duke takes it home with some big help from the Refs.

Feel like UNC is very capable of getting to the CCG with the path they have

It's definitely hard to predict. There's several teams that could win it and you could say it wouldn't be a big surprise to see.

Today's games will be interesting. As a Miami fan, Idk if I'd rather see Cuse or Wake tomorrow. Wake can really score but Syracuse and that zone is such a different wrinkle, with big Jesse Edwards in the middle.

Idk what Quinten Post's status is going into BC/UNC today? If he's healthy, that game could be very intriguing. Don't think GT will have much for Pitt. Pitt is probably coming in pissed off, with a big chip on their shoulder. NC State/VT should be fun to watch tonight. Two strong offensive teams. If VT is able to upset NC State, it's hard to imagine them having much left for Clemson tomorrow after playing a tough game against ND last night and tonight's game won't be ever til damn near midnight.

I feel like it’s Miami’s to lose. A dynamic player like Wong wins these tournaments.

Reactions: bignish
As a Miami fan, Idk if I'd rather see Cuse or Wake tomorrow. Wake can really score but Syracuse and that zone is such a different wrinkle, with big Jesse Edwards in the middle.
That syracuse zone lately has more holes in it than a golf resort. Wake has a really good coach and would scare me more than a geriatric Boeheim

Reactions: TKBray
That syracuse zone lately has more holes in it than a golf resort. Wake has a really good coach and would scare me more than a geriatric Boeheim

😂

Yeah it's definitely not the typical Syracuse zone lol. I didn't know Monsanto was injured for Wake Forest. That's a significant loss for them, takes away a lot of their scoring punch especially from outside. They could really use him in this matchup against that zone.

Cuse is looking pretty good early. Or maybe it's Wake playing like crap.

It's actually completely rational. Dude sucks.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: jhmossy
Feel like the winner is coming from the top half of the bracket... Miami, Duke, or Pitt.

I know a lot of people have UNC as a dark horse contender, which is fair, considering they don't have a brutal path to get to the finals. But, in tournaments, if I'm going underdog, give me a team with an elite backcourt. I'd be more inclined to say NC State as dark horse than UNC. Joiner/Smith/Morsell > Davis/Love.

Granted, they do need to polish that PnR defense with Burns. Dude is such a liability on defense. But, their guards are really, really tough to defend.

This seems like a very low-percentage shot. But, Hildreth was so smooth and made it look semi-comfortable... also, this guy apparently doesn't know what a 360 is.

Reactions: jhmossy
Go Pitt!! I want Jeff Capel to make the tourney after all he did for us on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: PA_Panther
Georgia Tech keeping it close. Pitt up 50-49. Easy to sleep on GT. They had a very slow start to the season. But, they've actually won 4 in a row - and 6 of their last 7.

Couldn't happen to a better coach. Boeheim trashed Greensboro and the ACC fans haven't forgotten about that.
Now that Pitt won and punched their ticket.. I didn’t need no GREENSBORO CURSE. I understand that Greensboro is great for the NC schools but it’s an absolute hell hole to get to from anywhere else in the country.

Six of us are here and we all had to hit a connecting flight in either ATL/CLT. It’s a pain in the ass to get to. Now that I got here, it’s nice and I’ve had fun all day.. mainly because Pitt won. We are sticking around for the UNC game then heading out for the night.

Will give my official 1/10 rating on Greensboro tomorrow afternoon

That's an embarrassing call on Bacot. Then they reviewed it and didn't call the flop like they should have. This is why people don't trust officials.

NC State 😯

Very dangerous. Who the hell wants to face that backcourt. They've been off since last Tuesday and it shows. They look very well rested.

NC State 😯

Very dangerous. Who the hell wants to face that backcourt. They've been off since last Tuesday and it shows. They look very well rested.

Yeah, they can be good. They have enough to compete with anyone. They are still State though.

Big bubble day for UNC. A loss and they are out for sure you would have to think but if they win they might be in with a little help. Mountain West is the one to keep an eye on with 3 teams right in the bubble mix (Boise State, Utah State, Nevada and none of them play each other today). Other big ones to watch are Rutgers-Michigan, MSU-Florida, OSU-Texas, PSU-Illinois, NC State-Clemson, and ASU-USC.

ADVERTISEMENT