ADVERTISEMENT

Official 2022 Transfer Portal Thread

Speaking if wku, wonder if the 7”5 sharp kid is gonna hit the portal. Gotta think he could land at a high major program.

Reactions: beasleythecard
Kendric Davis, Grant Sherfield, and Antoine Davis have all entered the portal in the last few days. Portal is starting to get more interesting.

• Love
Reactions: KisteK

Somebody pointed out that whoever made the screenshot had those Kentucky players at the top, because that person follows them. When I looked at Timme's followers, here are the 10 most recent college basketball players he follows:

Keegan Murray, Iowa
Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky
DeAndre Williams, Memphis
Malcolm Dandridge, Memphis
Kobe Young, Boise State
Jamaree Bouyea, San Francisco
Sydney Curry, Louisville
Zane Meeks, San Francisco
Eli Scott, Loyola Marymount
Kerr Kriisa, Arizona

Reactions: duckboy33
Somebody pointed out that whoever made the screenshot had those Kentucky players at the top, because that person follows them. When I looked at Timme's followers, here are the 10 most recent college basketball players he follows:

Keegan Murray, Iowa
Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky
DeAndre Williams, Memphis
Malcolm Dandridge, Memphis
Kobe Young, Boise State
Jamaree Bouyea, San Francisco
Sydney Curry, Louisville
Zane Meeks, San Francisco
Eli Scott, Loyola Marymount
Kerr Kriisa, Arizona
So I was curious as well. Even if they weren't recent, he also does follow Cason Wallace, Livingston, and Keion Brooks

Reactions: dukedevilz
LOL Where did all this get started. He's not even in the portal.
The Rafters Kentucky fans make the off-season much more enjoyable. The smallest amount of evidence something positive could happen and it catches fire and spreads. I’m really not saying that as a negative, just that Rafter rumors are really hard to put a lot of stock in.

So, in the past week we've seen Kendric Davis, Grant Sherfield, Antoine Davis - and now Tyrese Hunter and Yuri Collins enter portal. Whew boy! Portal is heating up big time. 🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Love
Reactions: KisteK and TKBray
Kenneth Lofton very well may end up in Houston. If UH has Lofton and Sasser, they might be preseason #1.

Transfer portal sucks. It will ruin college basketball.

It makes continuity almost impossible. Turnover rates are at an all-time high. The best players on the best teams go to the NBA. The best players on mediocre teams transfer up. The role players on the best teams transfer to schools where they can get more PT. It's very difficult to retain multiple starters.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
UCF’s leading scorer, Darin Green, transfers to FSU. We needed a three point sniper so this seems like a good fit.

• Love
It makes continuity almost impossible. Turnover rates are at an all-time high. The best players on the best teams go to the NBA. The best players on mediocre teams transfer up. The role players on the best teams transfer to schools where they can get more PT. It's very difficult to retain multiple starters.
This point coupled with the new, unregulated NIL has made college basketball a complete shit show. I'll still watch and follow my team, but it's hard to get excited about the sport in general with the direction it's taking. The lack of direction and leadership by the NCAA is pathetic, but not surprising.

Last edited:
This point coupled with the new, unregulated NIL has made college basketball a complete shit show. I'll still watch and follow my team, but it's hard to get excited about the sport in general with the direction it's taking. The lack of direction and leadership by the NCAA is pathetic, but not surprising.
That's what happens in a free enterprise country lol. College athletes just want too much freedom to cash in as others have on them. And permitting them to transfer, what are they thinking lmao. I mean choosing the direction of your own life. What a bad concept.

That's what happens in a free enterprise country lol. College athletes just want too much freedom to cash in as others have on them. And permitting them to transfer, what are they thinking lmao. I mean choosing the direction of your own life. What a bad concept.
They did choose the direction when they committed to their original school. Maybe they should honor their commitment instead of tucking tail and running to the next best thing when things get difficult? Coaching changes aside, there was nothing wrong with having players sit a year for transferring. Nothing. Now it's basically free agency and players being tampered with during the season. NIL is fine if it's truly being used for the Name Image and Likeness of the player, schools funneling money through charities and boosters paying for entire position groups. There is zero regulation to this thing and it's polluting the sport. Your oversimplification of the topic speaks volumes.

Reactions: Villian07
They did choose the direction when they committed to their original school. Maybe they should honor their commitment instead of tucking tail and running to the next best thing when things get difficult? Coaching changes aside, there was nothing wrong with having players sit a year for transferring. Nothing. Now it's basically free agency and players being tampered with during the season. NIL is fine if it's truly being used for the Name Image and Likeness of the player, schools funneling money through charities and boosters paying for entire position groups. There is zero regulation to this thing and it's polluting the sport. Your oversimplification of the topic speaks volumes.
I don't see a thing wrong for a player to be able improve his setting. Some settle initially because they have no choice. They improve and their choices become broader.

I was an all state running back coming out of HS I was 5'11" 165lbs. How many choices do you think I had. A year and half later I was 6' 1" 210 lbs. Suddenly my growth gave me more options.

Things like this occur. Players improve, get bigger, stronger and become more viable for better programs.

Honoring their commitment..
Rolly Laughs Batman
You dudes, I swear.

Anyway, expected news happens..

I could see a situation where the transfer portal makes a lot of high school guys become relatively “under recruited” from what they would have been, with many high-level coaches trying to save a scholarship or two for the portal instead of signing a full freshman class. I wonder if that could lead to future transfers from guys who would have been fringe power 5 level going mid-major and having to prove it out that they belong.

Transfer portal sucks. It will ruin college basketball.
I agree unfortunately. Before too long college ball is gonna look like European soccer leagues, with the same teams having ridiculously stacked squads every year and the same teams at the top of the polls. And anytime someone emerges anywhere else they will get snatched up by the big dogs like soccer transfer fees. Hmmm maybe the ncaa should make schools pay each other transfer fees lol

I agree unfortunately. Before too long college ball is gonna look like European soccer leagues, with the same teams having ridiculously stacked squads every year and the same teams at the top of the polls. And anytime someone emerges anywhere else they will get snatched up by the big dogs like soccer transfer fees. Hmmm maybe the ncaa should make schools pay each other transfer fees lol
Yep.....It will kill mid-major programs.

Reactions: Villian07
ADVERTISEMENT