ADVERTISEMENT

Official 2022 Transfer Portal Thread

Oh I love love love this.

Lose to Saint Peter's.... faaaaaaaar the midget strength coach!
Has nothing to do with losing to St. Peter's. Did I say anything about that? Since he's been the S&C coach (6 years) injuries have piled up and strength and conditioning hasn't been impressive, at all. And he's acting like a fool on the bench during a game. Getting into it with another team's player. That is absolutely not acceptable, imo, and he should've been fired on the spot.

Has nothing to do with losing to St. Peter's. Did I say anything about that? Since he's been the S&C coach (6 years) injuries have piled up and strength and conditioning hasn't been impressive, at all. And he's acting like a fool on the bench during a game. Getting into it with another team's player. That is absolutely not acceptable, imo, and he should've been fired on the spot.
I'm sure.
I'm just here for the gang bang.
Yeah internal fighting no bien.

Olivier Sarr 2.0

Aimaq actually had a higher rebounding percentage last season than Tshiebwe did this season. His percentage dipped a little bit this year, but he was still 6th in the nation in rebounding percentage.

Much better prospect than Sarr, IMO. I've only seen Aimaq play once on TV, but I was impressed with his skill, aggression, and shooting touch. And he's an absolute load on the glass. He's not nearly as athletic as Sarr, but his skillset is higher. Could see 12 ppg and 10 reb at a power school.

Aimaq actually had a higher rebounding percentage last season than Tshiebwe did this season. His percentage dipped a little bit this year, but he was still 6th in the nation in rebounding percentage.

Much better prospect than Sarr, IMO. I've only seen Aimaq play once on TV, but I was impressed with his skill, aggression, and shooting touch. And he's an absolute load on the glass. He's not nearly as athletic as Sarr, but his skillset is higher. Could see 12 ppg and 10 reb at a power school.
Oscar was slightly higher this year (30%) compared to Aimaq last year (29.7%) according to FOX. This says Oscar only played 33 games though, he actually played 34, so this may not account for Kentucky's final game. Also worth noting that Aimaq played 12 fewer games last year than Oscar did this year.

Maybe UK can pick up this rebounder and Oscar returns and those 2 can fight for rebounds and make the refs call jump ball. Don't explain the rules to me not gonna listen.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Oscar was slightly higher this year (30%) compared to Aimaq last year (29.7%) according to FOX. This says Oscar only played 33 games though, he actually played 34, so this may not account for Kentucky's final game. Also worth noting that Aimaq played 12 fewer games last year than Oscar did this year.

That's interesting. Wonder what leads to the discrepancies? I was getting the numbers from sports-reference.com. Per their site, Aimaq had a 27.8% in 2021, while Tshiebwe had a 27.2% this season. Obviously I would expect Aimaq's percentage to come down a bit in a power conference. But, I think he's still capable of averaging double-digit boards.

Huge! Might be the best player in the portal right now.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Do we have one of these yet? If so, please condense, just found last years to be helpful for tracking. Feel free to add in transfers to or from yalls team, or just major guys who go in.

FSU nabbed Jaylen Gainey, a two-time Ivy League DPoY, from Brown. Doesn’t seem like his offense is anything beyond lobs, put backs, and the occasional baby hook, but he’s athletic and his timing on blocked shots appears legit.

Hey @dukedevilz have you seen this kid play? You’re one of the few people I know who’s probably scouted a Brown game lol. Trust your thoughts over anyone national.

There is a thread………but it doesnt have Official in the title.

Do we have one of these yet? If so, please condense, just found last years to be helpful for tracking. Feel free to add in transfers to or from yalls team, or just major guys who go in.

FSU nabbed Jaylen Gainey, a two-time Ivy League DPoY, from Brown. Doesn’t seem like his offense is anything beyond lobs, put backs, and the occasional baby hook, but he’s athletic and his timing on blocked shots appears legit.

Hey @dukedevilz have you seen this kid play? You’re one of the few people I know who’s probably scouted a Brown game lol. Trust your thoughts over anyone national.

Ivy League kids tend to do better than most mid-major guys transferring up, IMO. Paul Atkinson and Jimmy Boeheim are two pretty good examples from this past season in the ACC alone.

I saw Brown play twice this season - against Syracuse and Maryland. Also saw them in the final few minutes of the Carolina game. But, all I remember from that is RJ Davis making timely shots.

Take this with a grain of salt, as I obviously don't have a large sample size to properly evaluate Gainey. But, I think Gainey will fit well in FSU's system. He's athletic, can roll to the basket for high-percentage shots, and can protect the rim really well. I thought he played pretty solid defense against Jesse Edwards, and did well to contain him. I like Gainey's ability to defend bigs man-to-man. He's also pretty good about tipping it back for offensive rebounds.

Downside? Don't like his pick-and-roll defense. At all. Saw him get blasted by several guards when he switched. Feel like he sometimes gets caught in no man's land in PnR action. Also, I thought he was a little lazy on closing out on three-point shooters. And the Maryland bigs I thought overpowered him in establishing really good position on the low block. So, I wonder how he'll do against some of the stronger bigs in the ACC. He's not someone that is going to create his own shot. But, that's okay. Just needs to rebound and defend - and be in position for easy looks. Wouldn't expect him to start next season, but should be a good energy guy off the bench.

Reactions: GE Nole
Ivy League kids tend to do better than most mid-major guys transferring up, IMO. Paul Atkinson and Jimmy Boeheim are two pretty good examples from this past season in the ACC alone.

I saw Brown play twice this season - against Syracuse and Maryland. Also saw them in the final few minutes of the Carolina game. But, all I remember from that is RJ Davis making timely shots.

Take this with a grain of salt, as I obviously don't have a large sample size to properly evaluate Gainey. But, I think Gainey will fit well in FSU's system. He's athletic, can roll to the basket for high-percentage shots, and can protect the rim really well. I thought he played pretty solid defense against Jesse Edwards, and did well to contain him. I like Gainey's ability to defend bigs man-to-man. He's also pretty good about tipping it back for offensive rebounds.

Downside? Don't like his pick-and-roll defense. At all. Saw him get blasted by several guards when he switched. Feel like he sometimes gets caught in no man's land in PnR action. Also, I thought he was a little lazy on closing out on three-point shooters. And the Maryland bigs I thought overpowered him in establishing really good position on the low block. So, I wonder how he'll do against some of the stronger bigs in the ACC. He's not someone that is going to create his own shot. But, that's okay. Just needs to rebound and defend - and be in position for easy looks. Wouldn't expect him to start next season, but should be a good energy guy off the bench.

Thanks, Duke. Interesting about the pick and roll. Especially since we switch everything. I agree that I don’t see him starting, but he could be a huge lob threat in our system, and rim protector we sorely missed last season. And if nothing else, we could always use more quality depth. Found that out the hard way this year.

Speaking of our injured guys this year, I heard that it’s not out of the question for Osborne to return for a super senior year.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Thanks, Duke. Interesting about the pick and roll. Especially since we switch everything. I agree that I don’t see him starting, but he could be a huge lob threat in our system, and rim protector we sorely missed last season. And if nothing else, we could always use more quality depth. Found that out the hard way this year.

Speaking of our injured guys this year, I heard that it’s not out of the question for Osborne to return for a super senior year.

Fortunately, he's not slow-footed like many bigs are. That PnR defense is much more correctable for someone like Gainey; he is clearly athletic and mobile. From the games I watched, seemed like he just wasn't instinctive on how he wanted to counter the screens.

Those games I watched were in December. And the Ivy League didn't play any games last season, so that probably didn't help - as far as continuity and reps are concerned. Just needs to be more decisive. I'm sure he'll be more disciplined under Ham.

And yes, he'll add much needed rim protection. Should also be a good asset for lobs and other high-quality shots around the rim... I saw Cleveland is coming back. Just get Osborne and Mills and you all should be in the mix for an ACC title.

Reactions: GE Nole
Fortunately, he's not slow-footed like many bigs are. That PnR defense is much more correctable for someone like Gainey; he is clearly athletic and mobile. From the games I watched, seemed like he just wasn't instinctive on how he wanted to counter the screens.

Those games I watched were in December. And the Ivy League didn't play any games last season, so that probably didn't help - as far as continuity and reps are concerned. Just needs to be more decisive. I'm sure he'll be more disciplined under Ham.

And yes, he'll add much needed rim protection. Should also be a good asset for lobs and other high-quality shots around the rim... I saw Cleveland is coming back. Just get Osborne and Mills and you all should be in the mix for an ACC title.

Good stuff. That’s a good point about the Ivy’s being rusty about not playing last year.

Cleveland back def helps. Hope he commits himself to learning how to shoot, at least from the FT line.

The guy I really want back is Butler. Could be Chet like if he adds some muscle and a little aggression.

In the Carolina game Gainey showed a great deal of athleticism and continuously took Garcia and Manek to the hole for buckets. I was very impressed with his game. He is your typical Fla St front line player.

Good stuff. That’s a good point about the Ivy’s being rusty about not playing last year.

Cleveland back def helps. Hope he commits himself to learning how to shoot, at least from the FT line.

The guy I really want back is Butler. Could be Chet like if he adds some muscle and a little aggression.

I didn't even realize Butler was on the fence. I just assumed he was coming back. But yes, he would be a critical element for FSU's success next season.

In the Carolina game Gainey showed a great deal of athleticism and continuously took Garcia and Manek to the hole for buckets. I was very impressed with his game. He is your typical Fla St front line player.

Wait, Gainey was driving to the basket? I honestly don't think I saw him drive to the basket once in the two games I saw. Obviously two games isn't the most meaningful sample size.

I didn't even realize Butler was on the fence. I just assumed he was coming back. But yes, he would be a critical element for FSU's success next season.

Wait, Gainey was driving to the basket? I honestly don't think I saw him drive to the basket once in the two games I saw. Obviously two games isn't the most meaningful sample size.
Well Garcia and Manek then weren't really putting up much resistance lol

Really hoping Pack comes home. He loves Coach Webber, who is advocating for Purdue. And we clearly have a need after losing our top 2 PGs and an All American shooting guard.
Illinois or Purdue is what I'm hearing.
He will not be coming back to KState

Reactions: boiler1987
Ramey TX , Sears OH , everyone LSU , everyone Murray St, Barthelemy CO, Bates NC St

Definitely lots of good prospects right there. Mark Sears is especially intriguing. A lot of mid-major superstars struggle when they transfer up, but I think Sears could have a Carlik Jones-type impact.

Definitely lots of good prospects right there. Mark Sears is especially intriguing. A lot of mid-major superstars struggle when they transfer up, but I think Sears could have a Carlik Jones-type impact.
My favorite player out there right now is Gaines LSU 6-3 PG gets a ton of steals. Good wingspan. Really played well when Pinson was out.

My favorite player out there right now is Gaines LSU 6-3 PG gets a ton of steals. Good wingspan. Really played well when Pinson was out.

Gaines is a good one. Ferocious on the defensive end. Any coach would love to have players of their own with his motor. With a little more consistency on his shooting touch, he should be an all-conference performer next season.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
he could develop with age, but he was definitely out of his element as a starting PG when Pinson was out. played well vs some bad teams, but once the SEC good teams came calling he was exposed.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
Johni Broome, gents. Every school in America should want this kid.

Just remember, you don't pronounce his name Johnny - it's more like Jah-nah.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne

Likely that we'll absolutely need another playmaking guard. Don't know if we'll get Pack, as I'm sure Purdue will have tremendous pull. But, I'm thinking we land some big-time guard from the portal.

Stash dude for Saint Peter's is in the portal.

I just can't imagine him shaving that stache anytime soon. Looks like a 15-year old kid without the facial hair. Should be a magnet for the ladies if he maintains it.

Edert_0781_101521.jpg

dead period ends at noon on Thursday. Purdue is having Nijel Pack and Jaelin Llewelyn on campus that day once the dead period lifts for visits. Would be a coup for Purdue to land both potentially.

Johni Broome, gents. Every school in America should want this kid.

Just remember, you don't pronounce his name Johnny - it's more like Jah-nah.

I watched him play a couple of times and he's the real deal. The entire UK coaching staff has been in contact with him, plus Preston was on the uk staff.

I started my college, playing football at Morehead State. Loved the campus and surrounding area.

ADVERTISEMENT