ADVERTISEMENT

Official 2022 Transfer Portal Thread

I'm taking Malachi Smith over Baylor Scheierman or AJ Green. I know Duke has been contacting the latter two. But, I hope they prioritize Malachi. Dude is a stud. And he's not a defensive liability.

Yea i know louisville contacted him as well, kids got game. We dont have a 2g on the roster so hopefully that helps 🤣

I'm probably the minority but I love the portal. It's extending basketball conversation. I haven't heard of some of these guys, now they are on the map.
I completely agree. It adds a new angle instead of just following recruiting. Keeps the offseason more interesting. Loving Cbball (to a fault almost), any and everything is welcomed. We may lose, we may win, don't' really care. It's entertainment.

Add in NIL and it makes it even better. Love watching boundaries being pushed. Heck, I like watching new territories being opened up. It's like a new frontier.

Other threads we were asking "whats the modern era". This is the modern era and I'm here for it.

I remember days of reading Oscar Combs Catpause magazine over and over during the offseason on the shitter. This is way better.

On the move again. Maybe he'll go back to Auburn. I bet he misses BDB.

I was surprised. I really thought he'd be a major contributor. But, Tennessee's backcourt was just really, really crowded this past season. Even Victor Bailey, who averaged 11 ppg last year, struggled to get playing time.

Maybe he'll try another SEC school?

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
The biggest transfers on the board right now might be Malachi Smith, AJ Green, and Baylor Scheierman.

My early picks for those three...

Malachi Smith- South Carolina
AJ Green- Iowa State
Baylor Scheierman- Kansas

The biggest transfers on the board right now might be Malachi Smith, AJ Green, and Baylor Scheierman.

My early picks for those three...

Malachi Smith- South Carolina
AJ Green- Iowa State
Baylor Scheierman- Kansas
Scheierman to UK, his love for Self/Kansas be damned!

Reactions: dukedevilz
It'll probably come down to Kansas or Kentucky.
Scheierman was a Kansas fan growing up but said he always wanted to play in state. Even though Creighton and Nebraska are on his list, I don't see it happening. His priorities seem to be better exposure and preparation for a shot at an NBA future. Those things aren't happening at Creighton or Nebraska. Side note: His agent is a self-proclaimed diehard UK fan. :cool:

I heard Iowa St tampered for AJ Green…
200.gif

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Scheierman was a Kansas fan growing up but said he always wanted to play in state. Even though Creighton and Nebraska are on his list, I don't see it happening. His priorities seem to be better exposure and preparation for a shot at an NBA future. Those things aren't happening at Creighton or Nebraska. Side note: His agent is a self-proclaimed diehard UK fan. :cool:
I don't agree with the bolded. Playing for any team in the BigEast or Big10 is gonna get you just as much exposure as playing for any other team in a power conference, doesn't matter if it's Nebraska or Kansas.

Also there is the argument that going to a place like Kansas brings the very real risk of getting lost in the shuffle and not getting the touches you would get at a less profile school.

And before @dukedevilz chimes in I'll also say that Creighton might be the pre season favorites to win the Big East.

I don't agree with the bolded. Playing for any team in the BigEast or Big10 is gonna get you just as much exposure as playing for any other team in a power conference, doesn't matter if it's Nebraska or Kansas.

Also there is the argument that going to a place like Kansas brings the very real risk of getting lost in the shuffle and not getting the touches you would get at a less profile school.

And before @dukedevilz chimes in I'll also say that Creighton might be the pre season favorites to win the Big East.

Creighton is going to be really, really good next year. They will be the favorites in the Big East, no question. Obviously Kalkbrenner and Nembhard. But, Kaluma and Alexander are solid, too. I feel like Trey Alexander could have a monster breakout year and be a top 25 player.

I'm also hearing that Fredrick King, who I believe is the top rated prospect from the NBA Academy Latin America, will be committing to Creighton sometime before the end of the week. He's going to be really good too, IMO. I think Creighton will be a top 10 team to start the year - they could easily be in the top 5.

How often do you watch Creighton and Nebraska on national tv? I'm not talking about FOX Sports Eastern Nebraska. He's also going to go up against the best of the best in practice everyday at Kansas or Kentucky. That definitely won't be the case at Nebraska. Creighton could make a case for good competition, to a lesser extent.

Creighton is going to be really, really good next year. They will be the favorites in the Big East, no question. Obviously Kalkbrenner and Nembhard. But, Kaluma and Alexander are solid, too. I feel like Trey Alexander could have a monster breakout year and be a top 25 player.

I'm also hearing that Fredrick King, who I believe is the top rated prospect from the NBA Academy Latin America, will be committing to Creighton sometime before the end of the week. He's going to be really good too, IMO. I think Creighton will be a top 10 team to start the year - they could easily be in the top 5.
We had King in the fold at Louisville prior to Mack hitting the road.
I think he will be a good one, but might be a project.

Reactions: dukedevilz
How often do you watch Creighton and Nebraska on national tv? I'm not talking about FOX Sports Eastern Nebraska. He's also going to go up against the best of the best in practice everyday at Kansas or Kentucky. That definitely won't be the case at Nebraska. Creighton could make a case for good competition, to a lesser extent.
But it's not about how much I watch those teams, its about how much the scouts watch them. I doubt any big time prospect in a power conference goes unnoticed or unwatched by NBA scouts. Also, pretty much every team in the Big10 and BigEast will be on national TV many times during the season between Big10 network and FSN and I'm not talking regional coverage.

I don't put much stock in the argument that the guys at Kentucky improve more because they play vs better players in practice. Do these teams even practice that much or that hard these days? And more importantly, you aren't improving your draft stock by having a good practice. You improve by doing well in the games. Guy getting 25 at Nebraska is going to get a bigger spotlight than someone who gets 10 ppg at Kentucky or Kansas.

And if Creighton is as good as @dukedevilz is predicting, they will get plenty of national TV exposure.

But it's not about how much I watch those teams, its about how much the scouts watch them. I doubt any big time prospect in a power conference goes unnoticed or unwatched by NBA scouts. Also, pretty much every team in the Big10 and BigEast will be on national TV many times during the season between Big10 network and FSN and I'm not talking regional coverage.

I don't put much stock in the argument that the guys at Kentucky improve more because they play vs better players in practice. Do these teams even practice that much or that hard these days? And more importantly, you aren't improving your draft stock by having a good practice. You improve by doing well in the games. Guy getting 25 at Nebraska is going to get a bigger spotlight than someone who gets 10 ppg at Kentucky or Kansas.

And if Creighton is as good as @dukedevilz is predicting, they will get plenty of national TV exposure.
I'm just going by what Scheierman and his agent have said in interviews. "“He wants to play for a winner. He wants the big stage. He wants the exposure,” Austin Walton (his agent) said. “He wants someone who is going to coach him hard and develop him to become an NBA player, whether that’s this year or next year. He wants to play with other really good players, because that unlocks him. He wants to showcase his versatility, show exactly who he is and a place that is going to allow him to be Baylor.” None of that screams "Nebraska" to me. Maybe Creighton to a lesser extent, but it's more of a whisper than a scream. I don't even buy the angle that exposure has much to do with it anyway. If you are good the NBA will find you unless you're playing in Ethiopia or something. There will be plenty of film on him at any D-1 program

Dickie V is a guy to root for but he's out of touch. All those dreamers about what they wish college basketball stood for all those years ain't what it was and sure ain't what it's now or gonna be in the future. Lots of people playing pretend.

Not sure why so many are floating that dream?

Been saying sorry to a lot of people lately. Sorry Dickie V. It's been over.

As for exposure, I do think that exposure might help that 2nd round late 1st rd draft pick, playing on upper tier teams as opposed to the Nebraska's of the world.

If you are elite you can play anywhere, or even sit out the year. If you are somewhere between that 20-60 range, it might help you out to get that extra exposure.

And when you start breaking down the dudes in the portal, none of them are elite or else they'd just go on to the NBA now.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Dickie V is a guy to root for but he's out of touch. All those dreamers about what they wish college basketball stood for all those years ain't what it was and sure ain't what it's now or gonna be in the future. Lots of people playing pretend.

Not sure why so many are floating that dream?

Been saying sorry to a lot of people lately. Sorry Dickie V. It's been over.

Aounds like shannon to um is a no go, we can get him in but he'll still lose a ton of credits and have to take an insane summer load. Sounds like hes elected against it.

Osun Osunniyi of Saint Bonaventure is in the portal. That's a really solid player.

11.3 ppg, 7.5 reb, 61.3% fg, 2.9 blk. Should have an immediate impact wherever he lands.

Reactions: KisteK
IIRC Dude passed up Duke and UK to play for his dad.

I wish we could find the thread where people ripped me when I said this kid was an idiot for going to Milwaukee. I also blamed his dad and said it appeared his dad was using his kid to help out his own coaching career.

Looks like I was right as usual bitches.

he sucks along with that other bum from that team that I drafted.

Ha. Yeah, Saint Bonaventure was a bit disappointing this year. And Kyle Lofton may have regressed a little.

Remember watching them in that preseason tournament down in Charleston. They looked really good then. Had wins over Boise State, Clemson, and Marquette. But then they lost to Virginia Tech by like 300 points - and it was a rollercoaster ever since then.

ADVERTISEMENT