ADVERTISEMENT

Official 2022 Transfer Portal Thread

VMI's Jake Stephens is going to be a huge get for whoever gets him.

19.6 ppg, 9 reb, 3.3 ast, 2.0 blk, 55.1% fg, 49% 3-pt (5.0 3PA per game), 80.4% FT. He's a relatively high volume shooter (12 FGA), and he was third in the nation in True Shooting Percentage at 68.4%. Only Mark Williams (6.8 FGA) and Chet Holmgren (8.8 FGA) had a higher true shooting percentage.

• Wow
Reactions: GE Nole
Hey @dukedevilz , would I be a bum if I asked you to make a chart listing transfers, from school a, going to school b, and how you would rank them as far as impact?

Kentucky already down TyTy (draft) Dontae Allen (portal), and as of this morning, Bryce Hopkins (portal)

I was very bummed to hear about Bryce, I think he would have been a great contributor next season.

Hey @dukedevilz , would I be a bum if I asked you to make a chart listing transfers, from school a, going to school b, and how you would rank them as far as impact?

Kentucky already down TyTy (draft) Dontae Allen (portal), and as of this morning, Bryce Hopkins (portal)

I was very bummed to hear about Bryce, I think he would have been a great contributor next season.
Bryce would have been lower in the rotation next season than he was this year. For him, it makes sense. We're going to have a lot of depth at the 3-4.

Terrance Shannon to Michigan rumblings are out there, would be much needed

I did one last year. I ranked the top 150 transfers, and even included my top 25 transfer classes. I'll probably do it again this year. But, I'm going to wait until most of the top guys have made commitments.

I did one last year. I ranked the top 150 transfers, and even included my top 25 transfer classes. I'll probably do it again this year. But, I'm going to wait until most of the top guys have made commitments.
Would be awesome, man. Would certainly help out more than just me, I'm sure.

Reactions: Ebrake15
Would be awesome, man. Would certainly help out more than just me, I'm sure.

For sure! Probably around the beginning of June we should have a better feel for where most of the transfers are heading.

So far, this transfer class is not measuring up to last year's. Some good names so far, but the depth really isn't there. Nijel Pack would be my #1 transfer right now. #2 might be between Terrence Shannon and Mark Sears... Lots of quality mid-major bigs in the portal, just not sure how they'll measure up against P6 competition (Jake Stephens, Fardaws Aimaq, Grant Basile, Johni Broome, KJ Williams).

Reactions: JimboBBN
Bryce Hopkins is in the portal. We didn't get to see much of him this year. Could be a very valuable player for most schools.

Id take him in a heartbeat. I thibk hes super talented but not athletic enough to jump to the league aka the makings of a solid long term college player. Jmo

Didn’t see Noah Williams from Washington State mentioned. High risk, high reward.

Didn’t see Noah Williams from Washington State mentioned. High risk, high reward.

His shooting percentages really plummeted this season. Still a good defender. If he can return to form similar to his sophomore year, he'd be a great pickup. But man, it's just hard to overlook that 33% fg / 26% 3-pt for a relatively-high volume shooter.

His shooting percentages really plummeted this season. Still a good defender. If he can return to form similar to his sophomore year, he'd be a great pickup. But man, it's just hard to overlook that 33% fg / 26% 3-pt for a relatively-high volume shooter.
True, and while never great, 42/38/80 from Sophomore year has to make some teams raise an eyebrow that it can improve

Reactions: dukedevilz

Pretty bold move by the new coach. Wonder if something like this would ever occur in basketball?
Not completely, but somewhat happens whenever a new coach takes over and the talent isn’t where it should be. I remember when Cal first took over at UK he had to make room for the bomb ass recruiting class he had brewing. He had player meetings with everyone and immediately a bunch of guys entered the portal. I don’t say this to blame him. It’s kind of a reality of high level sports.

But like I said, he is hardly alone in that. I don’t know if the coaches ever say “you have to transfer.” I assume they say “you don’t match the style we’re going to play and probably won’t get off the bench.”

Before I get attacked, it’s possible I’m misremembering and there were only a few defections. I don’t think that changes the point either way.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Hell we only have like 3-4 confirmed players coming back from last years squad. No clue if KP told em they werent part of his plans or if they entered the portal on their own tho.

el ellis, syd curry, mike james are the only 3 who have committed to returning to louisville so far

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Id take him in a heartbeat. I thibk hes super talented but not athletic enough to jump to the league aka the makings of a solid long term college player. Jmo
I'ld think he would be a great pickup. Last summer all the players stated he was the best. Someone that will let him play and be aggressive, he will do very good. I liked him hated to see him so, but he's probably going to be buried at the 3-4 position next year. Livingston a 3, that's his natural position and he's going to start. Wallace can play the 2-3, and then there's Jacob Toppin. Collins will get more at the 4, Toppin, Brooks (Probably not back) and we have some good ones we'ver contacted from the portal.

UK is making a push to get Norchad Omier as a replacement.

Omier, a 6-foot-7 forward and native of Nicaragua, averaged 17.9 points, 12.2 rebounds, 1.6 steals and 2.0 blocks per game last season while shooting 63.2% from the field. He was named Sun Belt Player of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year.

Reactions: Villian07
Never heard of him but sounds like a solid pickup. Still gotta wonder where his mins come from same as hopkins.

Never heard of him but sounds like a solid pickup. Still gotta wonder where his mins come from same as hopkins.
If he's as advertised, he's better than anyone we have, including Hopkins, other than maybe Livingston which is an unknown quantity when it comes college basketball.

Oscar drops a new line of merchandise.
oscar-tshiebwe-drops-new-line-merchandise.png

This is using the loophole in the NIL.

If he's as advertised, he's better than anyone we have, including Hopkins, other than maybe Livingston which is an unknown quantity when it comes college basketball.
I have a hard time believing UK is gonna bring in a sun belt player to take clock from 5 star brooks (jr) 5 star collins (soph) and 5 star livingston(frosh)and toppin but its not the craziest thing ive ever heard i dont guess.

I have a hard time believing UK is gonna bring in a sun belt player to take clock from 5 star brooks (jr) 5 star collins (soph) and 5 star livingston(frosh)and toppin but its not the craziest thing ive ever heard i dont guess.
Collins need some weight. Then Cal needs to develop him by playing him. I'm going to be surprised if Brooks comes back. If he does its a good problem to have. Livingston is a 3 primarily. Livingston, Toppin will see a lot of time at the 3. Wallace splitting time at the 1,2,3. With Collins and the sun belt guy splitting at the 4. We're going after a 7' center, rated 6 for 2022.

Its not so crazy.

Like to see IU pursue Edert from SP. But probably gonna follow Holloway to SH.

• Haha
Reactions: B1G_Fan
Wow Huntley- hatfiled from Tenn in the portal.

Super talented and young kid, will be HUGE get for someone and will be shocked if he doesnt end up at a big time program.

Very surprising transfer imo, seems with Fulkerson finally moving on and Huntly-hatfiled getting a full offseason to become acclimated, seems he woulda played 30 mpg next year for UT.

Front court players are the only thing we have on the roster, but I still hope KP gives this kid a call. Hes special, and id be shocked if he didnt end up at a super good program.

Chandler declaring and now this, Tenn offseason off to a very shaky start. Chandler/ziegler/huntley-hatfield looked to be a strong core for next season, now 2/3 possibly gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimboBBN
Wyoming is getting some nice pickups. In the past couple days they've snagged USC's Ethan Anderson and Max Agbonkpolo - as well as UCLA's Jake Kyman. Not superstars, but solid players. Agbonkpolo has the highest ceiling of the three; I think he could be a 2nd/3rd Team All-Conference type player in the MWC. If Hunter Maldonado decides to come back (he's 23, so probably unlikely), Wyoming could start the season off in the top 25.

Reactions: KisteK
Wow Huntley- hatfiled from Tenn in the portal.

Super talented and young kid, will be HUGE get for someone and will be shocked if he doesnt end up at a big time program.

Very surprising transfer imo, seems with Fulkerson finally moving on and Huntly-hatfiled getting a full offseason to become acclimated, seems he woulda played 30 mpg next year for UT.

Front court players are the only thing we have on the roster, but I still hope KP gives this kid a call. Hes special, and id be shocked if he didnt end up at a super good program.

Chandler declaring and now this, Tenn offseason off to a very shaky start. Chandler/ziegler/huntley-hatfield
Ziegler leaving? Hadn’t read anything about that. Love that kids game. Can’t believe he was ranked outside of the top 200 coming out of high school.

Also, Doug Edert to Bryant!? What the heck!? Dude has got to be on the of the better shooters in America. Don't know who had reached out to him, but I gotta imagine some P6 schools would have been highly interested in his shooting.

Ziegler leaving? Hadn’t read anything about that. Love that kids game. Can’t believe he was ranked outside of the top 200 coming out of high school.
No sorry i neant ziegler/chandler/hatfied was a nicw core coming bck my badZ

i edited other post sorry i forgot to end my thought lol.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Doug Edert to Bryant... and now Jake Stephens to Chattanooga (via VMI)!?! What is going on? Surely, surely there were some P6 schools interested in these two? I mean, yes, Chattanooga is still an upgrade over VMI, but could he not do any better than that?

Def suprising on stephens.

Edert had a special tourney, obv, but did he eve start for St Peters? I thibk P5 was def a long shot for him unless he had followed Shaheen to Seton Hall.

Shocked in stephens though. Wish we had him at louisville, chattanooga is an interedting choice to say the least.

Reactions: KisteK
ADVERTISEMENT