***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
You lost Goins and Mcquaid tho. And Ward. Personally, I think Kansas is better now and probably a couple other teams.
I don’t really count Ward as a loss. It’s crazy how much better we were with Tillman out there.

McQuaid was good but he’s replaceable. 3 and D. I expect a Rocket to fill that role nicely, with better off the dribble game.

Goins is the one that really hurts. If we can get Hauser eligible not as much but he was so good. He spaced the floor and rebounded like a beast, while defending the pick and roll amazingly. The 4 is still a question mark.

They were all role players and Tilman took Wards starting spot last year.

Look, even with a healthy Langford, I wouldn't argue if you thought KU was the pre season number 1. We will find out soon though as MSUs first game of the season is vs UK.
Veteran role players are not be taken for granted. Goins and Mcquaid always hit big shots and knew the system. Ward at least provided depth at end of the year, a big body if you needed him. Better than Kithier.

Veteran role players are not be taken for granted. Goins and Mcquaid always hit big shots and knew the system. Ward at least provided depth at end of the year, a big body if you needed him. Better than Kithier.

Ward is not a loss.

I do think Goins and McQuaid will be missed but it’s college and guys graduate. It happens everywhere. We bring in some talented freshman and Brown looked really good at the end of the year.

I think MSU is going to be really good. Langford showed promise as a freshman, had an up and down sophomore year, barely played last year, and won’t play until maybe January. He’s all hype.

I don’t really count Ward as a loss. It’s crazy how much better we were with Tillman out there.

McQuaid was good but he’s replaceable. 3 and D. I expect a Rocket to fill that role nicely, with better off the dribble game.

Goins is the one that really hurts. If we can get Hauser eligible not as much but he was so good. He spaced the floor and rebounded like a beast, while defending the pick and roll amazingly. The 4 is still a question mark.

I use to think McQuaid sucked until he ripped my heart out at the Big Ten tournament championship game. I know you guys hated Ward but he was inside depth at a position you don’t have a lot of depth at this year.

Losing Goins, McQuaid, Langford, and Ward is a lot but at the end of the day you guys have Cassius Winston. I feel like you can put anyone around him and he’ll make them look better. Next man up.

Reactions: bMORE607
Ward is not a loss.

I do think Goins and McQuaid will be missed but it’s college and guys graduate. It happens everywhere. We bring in some talented freshman and Brown looked really good at the end of the year.

I think MSU is going to be really good. Langford showed promise as a freshman, had an up and down sophomore year, barely played last year, and won’t play until maybe January. He’s all hype.
yeah they'll be good but no way are they runaway favorites like everyone thought/thinks.

Cash
Watts
Henry
Binghman
Tillman

That what you're anticipating out of a starting 5? What's the 4/5 situation look like beyond Tillman?

Hard to say. Rocket was getting props for being a dog on defense (which was surprising), but he'll likely take time to adjust. Gabe Brown worked a shit ton this offseason with a personal trainer (along with Emoni Bates, and Rocket) - word is that his defense improved significantly, which is what was holding him back last year. Ahrens keeps getting forgotten, but if not for injuries (ankle, and back) last year - he probably plays quite a bit more.

Tillman is the only proven big at this point. If Hauser were to be eligible, I assume he'd be the starter. Currently that 4 spot is open between Bingham (put on 25lbs of weight), Hall (still learning, but good shooter), and Kithier. Marble also showing promise, but thats deep down the bench. If Bingham can hang defensively, he could be a nice mismatch for defenders.

Reactions: Toast.
haven't lost Fran's top target in Foster as for Sibley he is rated #85 by ESPN and #86 by Rivals. would have welcomed him but he is not that big a loss, yet
he is 6'8 190 lbs
Kris 6'8 listed by Rivals 175
Keegan 6'8 listed by Rivals 180 lbs

don't see much difference other than Sibley is a low top 100 4* and the Twins are NR recruits.,

get the #1 recruit in Foster and its still a sold class and add the Euro player and it is even better, so yes I am happy

the 14 years before Fran took over was the worst stretch of Iowa BB that I have ever seen.
Don’t see much difference? Really?

If you get that pussy eligible I'm gonna slap a bitch up in here.

HMMM recall that Iowa beat Oregon and Garza was named the MVP. they didn't wreck Iowa and Oregon had their 5* Center that Garza outplayed,
It was a joke because he said he typically roots for a Big Ten team and then said he rooted for Oregon in the subsequent sentence.

Kennesaw State is hauling in better recruits in the 2020 class than Iowa. Things will change a bit if you get Foster. But as of right now, yes, very MAC-esque.

kennesawstate-2020.jpg

iowa-2020.jpg
Iowa isn't getting Foster. His uncle posts on our board, and he's adamant that isn't happening.

So where do you think he'll play? Iowa State, maybe?
Iowa State is my guess. Uncle says "Iowa my ass". Said VT was a good visit, but he doesn't think he'll go that far. That probably means Baylor and Providence are too far too.

Reactions: dukedevilz
@otte21 and any other degenerate gamblers

I got the Nats winning tonight for +170 and the Nats winning the series for +190. (Win-win for me) Threw two parlays together last night while watching the game and drinking

Saturday Parlay
Iowa+10.5
Penn State -6
Texas-1.5
Arizona State -4

Sunday/Monday Parlay
Skins/Vikings under 42
Rams -13
Colts-6
Steelers -14.5

Reactions: otte21
Don’t see much difference? Really?
no I don't the TWINS have not been RATED YET so nobody knows just how good they are AND when they get on campus they won't be your avg FR has they are going to prep school that plays better competition,

Davis had a good tun with mainly Iowa kids
1 Elite 8
2 sweet 16's
and a 9-0 record in the NCAAT 1st rnd games

yes he did get the occasional McDonald AA [2 to be exact]

and now Fran just landed Kenyon son's one of the McDonalds AA and do really think that they can't play the game? also Kenyon was best known for playing defense.

I will take a 1st team All state from Iowa every time. and a 2nd team All State player.

Patrick overshadowed these 2 players as he was the Iowa Mr. BB and Gatorade POY, these are the players that Fran has to keep home. just like getting Foster in state, JUST like its very important for ISU to keep him instate.

its not just Iowa that has to keep the best players instate, there is ISU even UNI got a top 100 4* pg to commit,

My guess is the Michigan faithful won't be too happy should he lose 3/5.

If Lovie keeps his job and Harbaugh gets fired, I'm not sure what to say about that.

no I don't the TWINS have not been RATED YET so nobody knows just how good they are AND when they get on campus they won't be your avg FR has they are going to prep school that plays better competition,

Davis had a good tun with mainly Iowa kids
1 Elite 8
2 sweet 16's
and a 9-0 record in the NCAAT 1st rnd games

yes he did get the occasional McDonald AA [2 to be exact]

and now Fran just landed Kenyon son's one of the McDonalds AA and do really think that they can't play the game? also Kenyon was best known for playing defense.

I will take a 1st team All state from Iowa every time. and a 2nd team All State player.

Patrick overshadowed these 2 players as he was the Iowa Mr. BB and Gatorade POY, these are the players that Fran has to keep home. just like getting Foster in state, JUST like its very important for ISU to keep him instate.

its not just Iowa that has to keep the best players instate, there is ISU even UNI got a top 100 4* pg to commit,

it means they’re too bad to be rated.

Reactions: klize17
Iowa State is my guess. Uncle says "Iowa my ass". Said VT was a good visit, but he doesn't think he'll go that far. That probably means Baylor and Providence are too far too.
ISU is full and have no room unless Prohm starts to crean players
Iowa has the room as both his sons can walk on. and Till is on a 1 year scholarship as a former walk on.

Fran can take up to 7 players and RS 3 of them,

his uncle has absolutely no say in where he go. only the kid and his parents have the say and both his parents are Hawkeye fans.

we will find out on Nov 11th as that is the day he announces.

@otte21 and any other degenerate gamblers

I got the Nats winning tonight for +170 and the Nats winning the series for +190. (Win-win for me) Threw two parlays together last night while watching the game and drinking

Saturday Parlay
Iowa+10.5
Penn State -6
Texas-1.5
Arizona State -4

Sunday/Monday Parlay
Skins/Vikings under 42
Rams -13
Colts-6
Steelers -14.5
I was tempted to take the Nats tonight just because of the +170 odds. Cole is so nasty though. Obviously Scherzer is too but can see him giving up a couple of long bombs which he’s struggled with all year.

I haven’t made any football bets yet for this week but this last weekend went 2-2, with the 2 losses being both the Chargers moneyline and Chargers+2.5. Fvck Melvin Gordon. I thought I had that bet in the bag.

Reactions: bMORE607
another thought is that Connor may give up BB and go full time to Baseball and Jordan may play
Jordan plays that gives Fran 4 scholarship for the 20 class, Connor goes Baseball full time makes 5, Patrick makes 6. with Fran having 2 sons on the team both of them 4*'s he has quite a bit of leeway.

he can make this a 7 man class RS 3 and then it becomes a 4 man class and the 21 class will become a 5 man class as only these 2 will become SR's Garza and Pemsl,

this season these will be the RS players
FR Fredrick
SO Nunge
JR Pemsl

I was tempted to take the Nats tonight just because of the +170 odds. Cole is so nasty though. Obviously Scherzer is too but can see him giving up a couple of long bombs which he’s struggled with all year.

I haven’t made any football bets yet for this week but this last weekend went 2-2, with the 2 losses being both the Chargers moneyline and Chargers+2.5. Fvck Melvin Gordon. I thought I had that bet in the bag.

Just about broke even on Sunday with the Rams-3 and the Saints ML hitting, lost on the Seahawks-3.5(not upset about that) and Liverpool-.5(also not upset).

Absolutely crushed Saturday going 2-2 in EPL with all + odds betting on ties, Minnesota -28, Wake Forest +1 and the Sabres ML.

My guess is the Michigan faithful won't be too happy should he lose 3/5.

If Lovie keeps his job and Harbaugh gets fired, I'm not sure what to say about that.

same story different year. It’s a broken record at this point and incredibly irresponsible journalism, but I won’t be too upset if it comes true. Harbaugh brought us back to respectability, but it’s not enough for what he’s getting paid and what the expectations were when he was hired. I’m willing to have us sell our soul and hire a cheating proven winner. NCAA doesn’t care so why should I?

same story different year. It’s a broken record at this point and incredibly irresponsible journalism, but I won’t be too upset if it comes true. Harbaugh brought us back to respectability, but it’s not enough for what he’s getting paid and what the expectations were when he was hired. I’m willing to have us sell our soul and hire a cheating proven winner. NCAA doesn’t care so why should I?
brought Michigan back to respecrability what a joke, in Hokes 1st season he went 11-2 with a BCS Bowl win and his last recruiting class was rated #7. he was using RR recruits and never really got to use his recruits, Michigan fans have been living on a LIE.

THE GREAT Jimmy boy all hail the savior. the fraud more likely.

brought Michigan back to respecrability what a joke, in Hokes 1st season he went 11-2 with a BCS Bowl win and his last recruiting class was rated #7. he was using RR recruits and never really got to use his recruits, Michigan fans have been living on a LIE.

THE GREAT Jimmy boy all hail the savior. the fraud more likely.

Brady Hoke lost to Maryland in the Big House. A Maryland team that was coached by the fvcking retread Randy Edsall. Hoke sucked cock.

Just about broke even on Sunday with the Rams-3 and the Saints ML hitting, lost on the Seahawks-3.5(not upset about that) and Liverpool-.5(also not upset).

Absolutely crushed Saturday going 2-2 in EPL with all + odds betting on ties, Minnesota -28, Wake Forest +1 and the Sabres ML.
Soccer and hockey betting is way above my head. 2 sports I’ve always intended on getting into though. I like watching both but my knowledge of those 2 sports is severely lacking.

ISU is full and have no room unless Prohm starts to crean players
Iowa has the room as both his sons can walk on. and Till is on a 1 year scholarship as a former walk on.

Fran can take up to 7 players and RS 3 of them,

his uncle has absolutely no say in where he go. only the kid and his parents have the say and both his parents are Hawkeye fans.

we will find out on Nov 11th as that is the day he announces.
They all like Fran, but as the Uncle said, they don't want to play for him. Uncle isn't dictating, he's relaying what the family is saying. I

is actively recruiting him. Why would they do that if they don't want him? Unless something changes, he won't be a Hawkeye.

Soccer and hockey betting is way above my head. 2 sports I’ve always intended on getting into though. I like watching both but my knowledge of those 2 sports is severely lacking.

When I first moved to Reno I did quite a bit of Hockey. Was big on looking for any back to backs playing on the road. Not a great system, but I came out ahead.

When I first moved to Reno I did quite a bit of Hockey. Was big on looking for any back to backs playing on the road. Not a great system, but I came out ahead.
Better system than I could come up with. I could name maybe 15 total hockey players. Fun ass sport to watch though.

Reactions: klize17
Brady Hoke lost to Maryland in the Big House. A Maryland team that was coached by the fvcking retread Randy Edsall. Hoke sucked cock.
Hoke was using RR recruits who was fired. to blame him for losing with another coaches recruits is being short sighted. like I said his last recruiting class was rated 7th and Jimmy boy won with Hokes recruits. if Hoke was so bad how did jimmy boy have those 10 win seasons?

Hoke was using RR recruits who was fired. to blame him for losing with another coaches recruits is being short sighted. like I said his last recruiting class was rated 7th and Jimmy boy won with Hokes recruits. if Hoke was so bad how did jimmy boy have those 10 win seasons?

Jesus Christ you have the Hoke timeline completely backwards. He won with the previous coaches recruits and then started to suck ass with his players.

Reactions: dukedevilz
They all like Fran, but as the Uncle said, they don't want to play for him. Uncle isn't dictating, he's relaying what the family is saying. I

is actively recruiting him. Why would they do that if they don't want him? Unless something changes, he won't be a Hawkeye.
this a complete 180 from what the kid and his parents just stated in a interview after the PSU game that the kid was in on a official visit,

the biggest draw is that Fran does not pigeon hole kids and will let him play facing the basket on Offense with more freedom of movement. not to mention a uptempo style of play.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT