***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
The only reason I posted it was because I got railed on by Purdue posters in May when I said I thought Gillis would redshirt. As it turns out...
It's not a health issue. He's perfectly able to play and would help the team. It's just a matter of people are in front of him and the 5th year being more valuable. So, yeah, you were wrong.

It's not a health issue. He's perfectly able to play and would help the team. It's just a matter of people are in front of him and the 5th year being more valuable. So, yeah, you were wrong.
It’s a readiness issue. He isn’t ready to contribute at this point. Hence the redshirt. You were wrong.

Reactions: SNU0821
It’s a readiness issue. He isn’t ready to contribute at this point. Hence the redshirt. You were wrong.
If he does redshirt, I was wrong. I didn’t think Purdue could afford to redshirt him because they need a back up 4. I’m still skeptical Boudreaux is that guy due to just how slow he was last season. So we’ll see.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
i think wheeler and boudreaux is a good combo. Wheeler will be playing 28 minutes a game. 12 for Boudreaux. Gillis isn't needed.
I think most who saw EB play last year would be skeptical of him being a solid backup 4. Who knows, maybe he has improved a significant amount.

I think most who saw EB play last year would be skeptical of him being a solid backup 4. Who knows, maybe he has improved a significant amount.
yeah im skeptical, but he's not going to be playing very much so it doesn't matter a whole lot

Anyone looking at your roster. Based on their responses about being skeptical of EB, I believe @otte21 and @boiler1987 agree.

Don’t think it’s our biggest position of need. I think Wheeler will play a lot of minutes at the 4. The remaining minutes will likely be split by Boudreaux. and Williams when we do the Haarms/Williams lineup.

Offensively I think Boudreaux is fine. Even a positive contributor off the bench. It’s the defensive side of the ball im not sure about.
Yeah agree. I'm very skeptical of him being a net positive until I see it. It seems like Wheeler may be in line for 30 mpg, so it's not a huge need, but we gotta figure those minutes out.

Reactions: B1G_Fan and otte21
Penix out the rest of the season. Son of a bitch

Hate to hear that man. Hope he has a full and speedy recovery. At least you have a pretty solid/capable back-up though. Could do much worse than Ramsey.

Ramsey is very capable, but Penix could be a star.

giphy.gif

Kind of, yeah. But Ramsey is really good.
I wouldn’t say he’s really good, but he’s better than most other backups you’ll find in college. Even with his strong game against Nebraska, I was pretty discouraged Westbrook and hale only had one target between them. It didn’t burn them in that game, but he’s going to have to move the ball around against better defenses like penn state and Michigan.

Well you can tell Beilein is no longer coaching Michigan. They’ve fed the post more in the first half than they did in a whole season under Beilein. Teske with 15 and 11 at the half.

I wouldn’t say he’s really good, but he’s better than most other backups you’ll find in college. Even with his strong game against Nebraska, I was pretty discouraged Westbrook and hale only had one target between them. It didn’t burn them in that game, but he’s going to have to move the ball around against better defenses like penn state and Michigan.
Meh...He's pretty dang good. Completing 72% of his passes. 9 TD, 3 INT's....1, 300 yards. No he isn't on Penix level. But he's very steady. Doesn't panic. Pin point accuracy. Makes good decisions. He would start for quite a few Big 10 teams.

Terps up 12 at half- don't like that Holy Cross scored 39 in the first, and Terps only shooting 15% at Threes so far...

Carsen shot 35% on 380 attempts. The team shot 37.4%. I don’t see losing a high volume 35% 3 pt shooter as a potential drag on the overall percentage. Carsen’s shooting was offset by Clines high volume shooting at 42%.
Last 4 seasons Purdue has shot 36, 41, 42 and 37% from 3. I don’t think it’s a stretch to think 38% is likely. May not happen but I’d make a friendly wager on it. Over/Under 37% seems fair.
This post from you was in response to mine on your 38% comment on November 2nd. Feel free to go back and search the sequence.

So again, you’re wrong and now you’re just being an even bigger idiot considering I’ve actually showed you your own posts. Lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT