***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
So it sounds like Wagner and potentially Langford could miss some games, and Curry is done for the year. Any other injuries out there that could cause guys to miss games?

Purdue is fine at this point. Newman missed some time with an ankle injury, and Haarms had a minor concussion that made him miss some practice, but we should be good going into the season *knock on wood*

Purdue is fine at this point.

giphy.gif

So we are two weeks out from games that matter. Give us one aggressive prediction for your team this year.

Here is mine:

Sasha Stefanovic will average at least 8 ppg and shoot better than 43% from three.

So it sounds like Wagner and potentially Langford could miss some games, and Curry is done for the year. Any other injuries out there that could cause guys to miss games?

Purdue is fine at this point. Newman missed some time with an ankle injury, and Haarms had a minor concussion that made him miss some practice, but we should be good going into the season *knock on wood*
Still unclear on the severity of the Ahrens and Watts injuries for MSU. We’ll know if it’s just a minor day to day thing or they are out for a while within the next few days.

Reactions: Toast.
They literally have one guy that does the grading. He can't possibly rate all of the players accurately. ESPN is notoriously bad.
that's not true as they have people at the NIKE Top 100 and the NBPA top 100. not to mention at the major AAU Tourney's thru out the spring and summer. ESPN is way to large to just have 1 besides ESPN was here long before Rivals or 247 came on the scene.
they also Televised the AAU games,

I even showed Trey Burke as a example so that it was not just Iowa players. there are far more than the ones I named.

excuse me but a certain Rivals evaluator grade these players by who offers and on who they commit to.

So we are two weeks out from games that matter. Give us one aggressive prediction for your team this year.

Here is mine:

Sasha Stefanovic will average at least 8 ppg and shoot better than 43% from three.
Rocket Watts is our 4th best player, behind Cash Tillman and Henry.

top scorers for Iowa this season
Wieskamp 15 ppg
Garza 14 ppg
Fredrick 11 ppg
after that throw then in a hat and use dart with the players name at a dart board for the points.

that's W/O Jordan
with Jordan he will be the 4th player in dbl digits with 12 ppg.

that's not true as they have people at the NIKE Top 100 and the NBPA top 100. not to mention at the major AAU Tourney's thru out the spring and summer. ESPN is way to large to just have 1 besides ESPN was here long before Rivals or 247 came on the scene.

I even showed Trey Burke as a example so that it was not just Iowa players. there are far more than the ones I named.

excuse me but a certain Rivals evaluator grade these players by who offers and on who they commit to.

you forgot color.

Here is mine:

Payton Willis (Vandy transfer) will average at least 10ppg.

Former top 150 recruit, only averaged 5ppg at Vandy. However, it looks like a change of scenery and a year off has payed dividends for him. Pitino named him the MVP of the Italy trip. Also, people who attended the open practice said he was splashing 3's in the 5 on 5's. He scored 12 points in the closed scrimmage against Iowa State, as well, on 3/6 from 3 and 4/7 overall.

Here is mine:

Zavier Simpson will up his volume numbers in a more up tempo offense and end up on one of the three All American teams.

It is true.

It is true. They reduced to one national scout when they cut back a few years ago.

It doesn't make money for them. It's a second rate service.

Edit: two national scout. Biancardi and Borzello.

Last edited:
I don't think Fran thinks he will be around in a few years, based on his recruiting.

And he probably won't be
the Murray twins are not bad gets as they were 1st and 2nd team all stater in Iowa playing in the largest class 4A just like these that were past 1st teamer's
Barnes
Paige
Woodbury
Uthoff
Jok
Jordan
Connor
Patrick played against both of them, now they are going to a prep school to get bigger and stronger, one was 6'5 165 lbs the other was 6'5 170 lbs. now after a growth spurt [verified in their bare feet] 6'8 195 lbs and 6'8 200 lbs.

there was no question about their athletic abilities, defensive or scoring, the problem was the size to compete at the D1 Level, DII or DIII or a low mid-major program was never in doubt.
his new coach went to watch another player and they were playing and then he took Fran down to look at them.

before they were not even on the edge of the radar scope, but after watching and evaluating them They decided to offer them, they did not get the offer just because their father played for Iowa,

Fran does a good job of locating talent, his problem was signing them, in this case he got to them before they blew up this fall, just like he has done with these
White
Jok
Jordan
Moss
Marble
yes not all have panned out like these
Flemming out of Oak Hill Academy and 2 time Tennessee Mr. BB,
Meyer out of Tennessee
Ingram out of Indiana
there are others but none of them stayed longer than 2 years, with todays players those that pan out transfer out for more playing time elsewhere.

the Murray twins are not bad gets as they were 1st and 2nd team all stater in Iowa playing in the largest class 4A just like these that were past 1st teamer's
Barnes
Paige
Woodbury
Uthoff
Jok
Jordan
Connor
Patrick played against both of them, now they are going to a prep school to get bigger and stronger, one was 6'5 165 lbs the other was 6'5 170 lbs. now after a growth spurt [verified in their bare feet] 6'8 195 lbs and 6'8 200 lbs.

there was no question about their athletic abilities, defensive or scoring, the problem was the size to compete at the D1 Level, DII or DIII or a low mid-major program was never in doubt.
his new coach went to watch another player and they were playing and then he took Fran down to look at them.

before they were not even on the edge of the radar scope, but after watching and evaluating them They decided to offer them, they did not get the offer just because their father played for Iowa,

Fran does a good job of locating talent, his problem was signing them, in this case he got to them before they blew up this fall, just like he has done with these
White
Jok
Jordan
Moss
Marble
Meyer out of Tennessee
Ingram out of Indiana
there are others but none of them stayed longer than 2 years, with todays players those that pan out transfer out for more playing time elsewhere.

Its a sign that we are missing out on the big targets.

And it's cool that they are legacy, but to offer them now is a bad sign.

Musa Jallow is out indefinitely. I could see him redshirting. Would be a lo

Liddell has missed some time but I think he’s OK

Carton is still a ?

I probably will be looking for a new team to follow this season.

I am going with the Illini

Remember Moe Wagner? He was a fan favorite and really likeable player. We have his younger brother this year. Might be the only year to watch him in college though because some think he’s NBA caliber as soon as next year. You might enjoy following him/us.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Remember Moe Wagner? He was a fan favorite and really likeable player. We have his younger brother this year. Might be the only year to watch him in college though because some think he’s NBA caliber as soon as next year. You might enjoy following him/us.
LaughingLaughingLaughing

Nice. I always follow Michigan. They are my second favorite BB team.

I usually try to find and up and comer to follow before each season. Generally a big 10 team.

Last year it was Oregon.

was White a bad sign. or Marble a legacy recruit, or Jok or Jordan, there is still a very good chance that Fran will get Foster and Ogundele whose other top offer is Cincinnati,

as for finding the scholarships go both Patrick and Connor have both said they will become walk on's to make room, supposedly former walk on Till was put on scholarship for 1 year. so there is room,

these 3 are good prospects to RS
Perkins
Kris M
Keegan M

Nice. I always follow Michigan. They are my second favorite BB team.

I usually try to find and up and comer to follow before each season. Generally a big 10 team.

Last year it was Oregon.
I think OSU will be interesting. They’re my team to follow this year. They could legitimately be an 8 seed or a 2 seed and I’d believe it.

was White a bad sign. or Marble a legacy recruit, or Jok or Jordan, there is still a very good chance that Fran will get Foster and Ogundele whose other top offer is Cincinnati,

as for finding the scholarships go both Patrick and Connor have both said they will become walk on's to make room, supposedly former walk on Till was put on scholarship for 1 year. so there is room,

these 3 are good prospects to RS
Perkins
Kris M
Keegan M

That would be awesome if both McCaffrys would go off scholarship. And just give Connor a baseball scholarship.

Yes, those players developed nicely, but we are at a point where we shouldnt be looking for diamonds in the rough. He is established now and needs to start landing these kids.

I think OSU will be interesting. They’re my team to follow this year. They could legitimately be an 8 seed or a 2 seed and I’d believe it.

Same. They could have a real good season. Plus a kid from right down the road in Bettendorf is going there.

They might be a better pick to follow than IL.

Michigan is in a similar boat. Could be a double digit seed or a top 3 seed.
I’m pretty high on UM compared to most. I think UM brought back 2 of their top 3 players, and Livers will take a solid jump. That Wagner injury hurts though. Still believe they are top 25.

I wrote this as a joke a couple weeks ago. Now I'm starting to wonder. This is freaking crazy. Don't schools from the MAC get better recruits than this?

Fran is recruiting less-heralded players to ensure that nobody beats out his boys for the starting jobs in the upcoming years. Well played, Fran.

That would be awesome if both McCaffrys would go off scholarship. And just give Connor a baseball scholarship.

Yes, those players developed nicely, but we are at a point where we shouldnt be looking for diamonds in the rough. He is established now and needs to start landing these kids.
Connor can't go on a BB Scholarship beside those scholarships are split and very few.

as for the roster these are the current 4*'s
4* grade 80 by ESPN Toussaint. FR.
4* top 100 by ESPN 4* by Rivals Connor RSSO
4* top 100 by ESPN and Rivals Wieskamp SO
4* top 100 by ESPN and Rivals Patrick FR
4* top 100 by ESPN 4* by Rivals Garza JR

hmm looks like he has done a good job in the last 3 classes also serious question just when did Iowa get on the level of a Duke, UNC to suddenly get 5* or top 50 recruits?

Connor can't go on a BB Scholarship beside those scholarships are split and very few.

as for the roster these are the current 4*'s
4* grade 80 by ESPN Toussaint. FR.
4* top 100 by ESPN 4* by Rivals Connor RSSO
4* top 100 by ESPN and Rivals Wieskamp SO
4* top 100 by ESPN and Rivals Patrick FR
4* top 100 by ESPN 4* by Rivals Garza JR

hmm looks like he has done a good job in the last 3 classes also serious question just when did Iowa get on the level of a Duke, UNC to suddenly get 5* or top 50 recruits?

Not asking them to be on Duke and UNC level. But we are recruiting against MAC schools

Barnes
Paige
Woodbury
Uthoff
Jok
Jordan
Connor

White
Jok
Jordan
Moss
Marble
Meyer out of Tennessee
Ingram out of Indiana

You're giving two scholarships to walk-on level guys or below. It's about as bad as it gets for a B1G school. The amount of yarn you weave with this spin job is impressive.

That will assuredly allow Iowa to compete for the bottom 4 in the conference.

Easily. He fails to realize that our competition in the Big 10 arent recruiting vs MAC schools. They are getting big time players.

You cant have a team of developmental players in this league and expect to be good. The league is just to strong

Reactions: jwardelt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT