Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
here is some information on Iowa players that they played W/O
RSSO Nunge went from 6'10/11 215 lbs to 7'0 245+ lbs who as a FR was 5th on the team in scoring and 2nd in blocks with 25 in 15.7 mpg. starting @ the 3/4/5, when Fran was recruiting him he was a 6'7/8 SF, and now 3 years later he has grown into a 7'0 post player. who can shoot the 3. he has also grown into his body during that RS season.

Pemsl as a FR was 3rd on the team in scoring and avg'd 5.0 rpg and started 17 games, last season he played 3 games then had surgery which caused him to get a Medical RS.

losing Moss who was 5th in scoring is not that big a loss as Iowa returns 2 players that have started and were in the top 5 in scoring,

again losing Cook will be replaced by a combination of Pemsl and Kriener. Kriener adds something that Cook never do and that's shoot the three vs Cook who was limited to dunks and range to 5',

for all of Cooks athletic ability he only avg 14.5 ppg, 7.6 rpg and 0.5 bpg WHILE turning the ball over 92 times in 33 games, this won't be missed, nor will his 0.0% from 3 or 64.4% from the FTL. Cook led the team in attempts and made FT's with 130 of 202 don't remember how many were the front end of the 1 n 1's.

2nd on the team was Jordan who was 102 of 113,
Garza was 86 of 107 3rd on the team.
Connor Jordan's backup had 102 assists to Jordan's 118 and was 73 of 97 from the FTL.

replacing the departed players will not be that hard
former walk on turned scholarship player 6'7 Baer is being replaced by 4* top 100 6'8 Patrick. looks like a major upgrade to me.

this season 6'5 Connor will/can play the 2 and replace 6'5 Moss. Connor is better defender and handles the ball like a PG.

this is what so unique to Fran who likes to play 9-11 players during the game with no one players needs to be the man in rebounding or scoring,
this leads to the next man in concept,

Fran is going to a more positionless type of team

this team is far better than any of you want them to be,

DD pointed out that Illinois was led by a pair of FR well guess what Wieskamp was a FR and Connor was a RSFR, Garza was a SO, those 3 played a big role in the 23 win season, Jordan played with a hip injury all season long which slowed him down all season not to mention his shooting and ability to guards. as a SO he played all season with a foot injury call Planteria Falicious [discloser on the spelling]

hopefully he will he will RS and play his SR season fully healthy altough he has been running with thd team in drills and shooting to see if he can play this season.

Toussaint and Evelyn both come in as lock down defenders the biggest area that needed improvement and Fran just hired a defensive assistant coach, bringing better defensive players with a defensive minded AC was/is a big addition,

Must be awkward for this guy when he goes into a bank asking for money.

banks-cincinnati.jpg

as a SO he played all season with a foot injury call Planteria Falicious [discloser on the spelling]

Yesterday you misspelled the names of multiple Iowa players, so I wouldn't expect you to spell plantar fasciitis correctly. Yes, pf is painful, but you can play through it. I ran 90 miles a week in college with plantar fasciitis. Not fun to run with - however, it isn't going to derail your season . Gotta make sure you roll a tennis ball under your foot daily. It helps stretch the plantar fascia ligament -and it relieves some of the pain.

Reactions: theetommyt
Check big ten only stats it’s way more of an even comparison.
I prefer to look at them all. in this case Garza was just coming off of a major stomach surgery which took him all season to get into playing shape. Garza weighed 235 lbs at most, Teske weighed 255+ lbs.

now Garza weighes 260+ lbs, he should not get pushed around this season like he was last season

same with Nunge when he played @225 lbs vs the 245+ lbs now as a RSSO.

the whole team has been in the weight room adding good muscle weight,
Patrick came in @175 and now weighs 190 lbs.
Fredrick came in @165 and now weighs 190 lbs as a RSFR.

those are just a few examples.
with 1 JR, 1 RSSO, 1 SO, 1 RSFR and 1 FR starting this season they will return all 5 starters

Completely random.

Seriously though, and I think preseason lists are pointless but here goes. I've read nothing about anyone or remember anything about anyone. Just an off the hip prediction.

MSU

Maryland

OSU
Purdue
UW
Michigan
Illinois
IU

Rutgers
Nebraska
Iowa
Minnesota
PSU

Northwestern

Lol

Reactions: bMORE607
Yesterday you misspelled the names of multiple Iowa players, so I wouldn't expect you to spell plantar fasciitis correctly. Yes, pf is painful, but you can play through it. I ran 90 miles a week in college with plantar fasciitis. Not fun to run with - however, it isn't going to derail your season . Gotta make sure you roll a tennis ball under your foot daily. It helps stretch the plantar fascia ligament -and it relieves some of the pain.
running in a straight line is one thing but trying to guard other players and making sharp cuts is another as is trying to make a jump shot
and make as list of the players names that I misspelled.

Tampa Bay +2
Eagles +3.5
Seahawks-1.5
Over 50.5 49ers/Rams
Under 47 lions/packers
Moneyline-Saints +115

I don't know what to make of that 49ers/Rams game. Are the 49ers that good? Also I liked that Tampa line as well, but I hate betting on the London games, you never know which team decided not to show up.

Reactions: otte21
running in a straight line is one thing but trying to guard other players and making sharp cuts is another as is trying to make a jump shot
and make as list of the players names that I misspelled.

Perhaps. I can remember plantar fasciitis being super painful. I'm not denying that. Just one of those things you have to play through. The injury will resolve itself on its own. I don't necessarily believe I was adversely effected by it, however. And by that, I mean I don't think my times were necessarily worse because of pf. Perhaps it's a little different with hard cuts and all of the lateral movement. It sucks either way. If it was truly a great hindrance to someone, they wouldn't be playing. Weak defenders would be exploited constantly. So we'll see. I can appreciate Bohannon wanting to red-shirt and play a full season completely healthy. Hopefully he can play his senior year pain-free whenever that might be.

Conference Games Per 40 Minutes. Teske wins 8 of the 11 categories. Shocking.

teske-garza.jpg
Garza is actually a pretty good offensive player. Has good post moves, can hit the mid-range jumper, and even step out and hit the 3 -- and the dude just generally plays hard despite the fact he's weighed down by his bricks for feet and persian rugs for eyebrows. Teske is just far better defensively, and makes up on the offensive end with being a solid shooter and being good in PNR action.

Garza is actually a pretty good offensive player. Has good post moves, can hit the mid-range jumper, and even step out and hit the 3 -- and the dude just generally plays hard despite the fact he's weighed down by his bricks for feet and persian rugs for eyebrows. Teske is just far better defensively, and makes up on the offensive end with being a solid shooter and being good in PNR action.

Agreed. Garza is very skilled on the offensive end. He's a quality big, no question. Probably a slightly better option that Teske on offense. Teske has a commanding edge in the defensive department, however. And you gotta like the fact that he rebounds better and doesn't commit turnovers and fouls at nearly the same rate as Garza. Overall, Teske is a better player. If you're ranking Big Ten players, I might say Teske is in the 9-14 range. Garza might fall somewhere in the 20-25 range.

Reactions: Toast. and bMORE607
Tampa Bay +2
Eagles +3.5
Seahawks-1.5
Over 50.5 49ers/Rams
Under 47 lions/packers
Moneyline-Saints +115
I've got a pick 5 this week that the payout is up to $2,100 due to rollovers and I'd obviously love to win it. I'm leaning:

Seattle -2
Philly +3
Houston +5.5
New Orleans +0.5
Dallas -8.5

I know that is 5 road teams, which makes me nervous but check out the road team records ATS this year. Road teams are 48-29-1 ATS.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/trends/ats_trends/?sc=is_away

Reactions: otte21 and bMORE607
Completely random.

Seriously though, and I think preseason lists are pointless but here goes. I've read nothing about anyone or remember anything about anyone. Just an off the hip prediction.

MSU

Maryland

OSU
Purdue
UW
Michigan
Illinois
IU

Rutgers
Nebraska
Iowa
Minnesota
PSU

Northwestern
I think this one is closer to accurate. Good job, bb.

I think this one is closer to accurate. Good job, bb.

I think you could throw 2-8/9 in a hat and pick out names at random. Should be wide open and wild this year. Lots of teams have questions outside of MSU.

I think you could throw 2-8/9 in a hat and pick out names at random. Should be wide open and wild this year. Lots of teams have questions outside of MSU.
Yeah, there's no sense in arguing those.

Just glad to feel optimistic about Illinois for the first time in awhile.

Reactions: jwardelt
My thing is it isn’t like students/faculty just now began betting on Purdue. Wether online or through a bookie the threatening a student athlete thing could have happened anytime since the creation of sports.
Of course some students have already been placing bets but I'd wager the access to wagering being so easy will cause a spike in volume. And that volume bump increases the odds that a student does something idiotic.

Agreed. Garza is very skilled on the offensive end. He's a quality big, no question. Probably a slightly better option that Teske on offense. Teske has a commanding edge in the defensive department, however. And you gotta like the fact that he rebounds better and doesn't commit turnovers and fouls at nearly the same rate as Garza. Overall, Teske is a better player. If you're ranking Big Ten players, I might say Teske is in the 9-14 range. Garza might fall somewhere in the 20-25 range.
gee he played hurt and didn't avg dbl digits in rebounding to make you happy.
as a FR Garza had 211 rebounds with 132 being defensive, 35 TO's and 32 blocks shooting 55.7% from the field, 34.8% from 3

to bad that surgery kept him from being a better player than Cook who is now in the NBA. offensively he is better defensively on the rebounding he is very good.

this year he becomes the man rebounding and scoring wise, plus his 80% from the FTL is far more important to a team than Teske's 64+% from the FTL every time.

what seperates these 2 is that Garza is the complete player, his rebounding and blocking shots took a hit because of that surgery.

but I suppose being the super athlete that would have no affect on you just like Jordan's had no affect on your ability,

after all YOU CAN AND DID PLAY THRU EVERY INJURY. must be nice to be this super human being.

gee he played hurt and didn't avg dbl digits in rebounding to make you happy.
as a FR Garza had 211 rebounds with 132 being defensive, 35 TO's and 32 blocks shooting 55.7% from the field, 34.8% from 3

to bad that surgery kept him from being a better player than Cook who is now in the NBA. offensively he is better defensively on the rebounding he is very good.

this year he becomes the man rebounding and scoring wise, plus his 80% from the FTL is far more important to a team than Teske's 64+% from the FTL every time.

what seperates these 2 is that Garza is the complete player, his rebounding and blocking shots took a hit because of that surgery.

but I suppose being the super athlete that would have no affect on you just like Jordan's had no affect on your ability,

after all YOU CAN AND DID PLAY THRU EVERY INJURY. must be nice to be this super human being.

200.gif

You just tagged me in three consecutive posts. Im under your skin. You seem like the kinda guy who never leaves his mom's basement except to buy more ramen and hot pockets.

Amateur move here @hawkit3113 Just have mom bring you the ramen and hot pockets, that way you never have to leave the basement.

I don't know what to make of that 49ers/Rams game. Are the 49ers that good? Also I liked that Tampa line as well, but I hate betting on the London games, you never know which team decided not to show up.
I do think San Fran is for real. Their D looked really good against Cle but I think the Rams will be much better prepared than Cle was even without Gurley (who clearly hasn’t been himself anyway). Plus the Rams D has been hemorrhaging points away lately.

Reactions: bMORE607
I've got a pick 5 this week that the payout is up to $2,100 due to rollovers and I'd obviously love to win it. I'm leaning:

Seattle -2
Philly +3
Houston +5.5
New Orleans +0.5
Dallas -8.5

I know that is 5 road teams, which makes me nervous but check out the road team records ATS this year. Road teams are 48-29-1 ATS.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/trends/ats_trends/?sc=is_away
I thought that Dallas line was a bit low too, solid 5 picks IMO.

@otte21 @boilerzz Thoughts on the Skins/Phins tank game? Can the skins cover 3.5? I know the lolphins are possibly the worst NFL ever, but the Skins are almost just as bad. Everybody hates their owner and GM and they have already fired their coach.

ADVERTISEMENT