***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
Have you read Brian’s article today about Haarms and Williams? How many minutes do you think they can play alongside each other per game? I do think it can work but like Lutz said switching 4 different ways on ball screens may be an issue defensively.
Would there be shooting concerns with a lineup that had Eastern, Williams, and Haarms?

Carlson is a good player and will be a great fit at Wisconsin. I've been torn on who I would want most among him, Dickinson and Kalkbrenner so this makes my consternation a little easier.

tenor.gif

Would there be shooting concerns with a lineup that had Eastern, Williams, and Haarms?

Probably would be some there yeah. Hoping Haarms has continued to expand his game out and I’ll think he’ll be able to hit jumpers more consistently but yeah there’s be some concerns there.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
Hold up is this because your coach secured the commitment of one top 90 player?

No. This is a very good class for us. 4 of the 5 are in the top 100/150 in some rankings or another. We aren’t going to ever recruit like duke/uk. 2021 should be more of the same.

Last edited:
With all the white guys on Sconni, Madison isn't going to have to worry about global warming. They'll just reflect the sunlight back into the atmosphere.

It definitely seems like if/when we play both Haarms/Williams, it'd make sense to get Nojel a rest / play someone else. Reason #1 being that we'll need a shooter out there with them, and shooters are just generally better post-entry guys as well. Also, having two bigs out there can help shooters get loose as you have bigger bodies for off-ball screens.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
With all the white guys on Sconni, Madison isn't going to have to worry about global warming. They'll just reflect the sunlight back into the atmosphere.

Iowa is whiter. Our white guy ban must have ended. Went 4 straight before this hiccup.

Reactions: Deathclutch
Pretty solid class for Iowa. :)
he didn't commit to Iowa, but for the record I like the PG Ulis commit, I have seen his video of him going up against his older brother Tyler is practice and he look quicker and he is very good. as a SO he led his team to 26 wins then as a JR led his team to 27 wins. that's 53 wins in 2 seasons. better than what Tyler did and he ended up at Kentucky then in the NBA.

Remember Jordan was a unranked 3* by Rivals in spite of being Iowa's Mr. BB and Gatorade POY. now lets wait to see how another PG out of Chicago does. the last 3 PG's out of Chicago did pretty good
Lestor was a little know player that led Iowa to a Shared BT Championship, then the next year led them to the FF
Arnold ended up pretty good and just passed away after fighting cancer
Freeman as a SO led Iowa in scoring and assists then was run off by Lickliter because he didn't fit his system.

that's how bad off Iowa had become under Lick the players don't fit my system so he ran them off, every year he would run players off, SA recruits and his new recruits,

he perfected the creaning. then after the 3rd year home grown players like Gatens and Mays were supposedly up next but they went to Barta and told him they were going to leave, Barta rather than facing the backlash from the big money boosters fired Lick.

I have always wondered what would have happened if Barta had Hired Fran instead of Lick

Fran would have inherited Freeman and a 5* 7'0 center that had committed to SA and stated he would honor his commitment to Iowa,

now you tell me what coach that you know or follow would run off a PG and a 5* 7' center off because they don't fit a system?

he didn't commit to Iowa, but for the record I like the PG Ulis commit, I have seen his video of him going up against his older brother Tyler is practice and he look quicker and he is very good. as a SO he led his team to 26 wins then as a JR led his team to 27 wins. that's 53 wins in 2 seasons. better than what Tyler did and he ended up at Kentucky then in the NBA.

Remember Jordan was a unranked 3* by Rivals in spite of being Iowa's Mr. BB and Gatorade POY. now lets wait to see how another PG out of Chicago does. the last 3 PG's out of Chicago did pretty good
Lestor was a little know player that led Iowa to a Shared BT Championship, then the next year led them to the FF
Arnold ended up pretty good and just passed away after fighting cancer
Freeman as a SO led Iowa in scoring and assists then was run off by Lickliter because he didn't fit his system.

that's how bad off Iowa had become under Lick the players don't fit my system so he ran them off, every year he would run players off, SA recruits and his new recruits,

he perfected the creaning. then after the 3rd year home grown players like Gatens and Mays were supposedly up next but they went to Barta and told him they were going to leave, Barta rather than facing the backlash from the big money boosters fired Lick.

I have always wondered what would have happened if Barta had Hired Fran instead of Lick

Fran would have inherited Freeman and a 5* 7'0 center that had committed to SA and stated he would honor his commitment to Iowa,

now you tell me what coach that you know or follow would run off a PG and a 5* 7' center off because they don't fit a system?

tenor.gif

who gives a F'k if you didn't ask,

you are the one that called out Iowa about a Wisconsin commit. so go crawl into your hole and STFU.

You should feel good. He compared Iowa to Wisconsin although they’re not even close.

You should feel good. He compared Iowa to Wisconsin although they’re not even close.
you are right Iowa and Wisconsin really are not that close as Iowa starting lineup could look like this by rankings
PG FR Toussaint 4* by ESPN and 3* by Rivals
SG RSSR GT Evelyn 3* by both
SF SO Wieskamp 4* top 100 by ESPN and 4* #42 by Rivals
PF RSSO Nunge 3* by both
C JR Garza 4* top 100 by ESPN 4* by Rivals
off the bench
RSSO Connor 4* top 100 by ESPN 4* by Rivals
FR Patrick 4* top 100 by both
RSFR Fredrick 3* by both finalist for Mr, Kentucky and Gatorade POY in Kentucky
RSJR Pemsl
SR Kriener
JR Till
SR Jordan 4* by ESPN and 3* by Rivals, with Jordan Iowa was a 3 seed W/O they are a 10 seed by Lunardi. right now Jordan could play as of now by those predicting such things.
Jordan has stated he will play ONLY if 100%, the time frame to recover 5 months minimum to 9+ months.

me I expect him to RS. this could make the 20-21 team far better than the 18-19 team as these are the only 2 that graduate
Kriener and GT Evelyn.
that means 9 players that played this season return,

you are right Iowa and Wisconsin really are not that close as Iowa starting lineup could look like this by rankings
PG FR Toussaint 4* by ESPN and 3* by Rivals
SG RSSR GT Evelyn 3* by both
SF SO Wieskamp 4* top 100 by ESPN and 4* #42 by Rivals
PF RSSO Nunge 3* by both
C JR Garza 4* top 100 by ESPN 4* by Rivals
off the bench
RSSO Connor 4* top 100 by ESPN 4* by Rivals
FR Patrick 4* top 100 by both
RSFR Fredrick 3* by both finalist for Mr, Kentucky and Gatorade POY in Kentucky
RSJR Pemsl
SR Kriener
JR Till
SR Jordan 4* by ESPN and 3* by Rivals, with Jordan Iowa was a 3 seed W/O they are a 10 seed by Lunardi. right now Jordan could play as of now by those predicting such things.
Jordan has stated he will play ONLY if 100%, the time frame to recover 5 months minimum to 9+ months.

me I expect him to RS. this could make the 20-21 team far better than the 18-19 team as these are the only 2 that graduate
Kriener and GT Evelyn.
that means 9 players that played this season return,

You can list that all you want. Still going to lose by 15 when we play.

Reactions: Jaycg15
You can list that all you want. Still going to lose by 15 when we play.
ooookkkkk keep dreaming.
what happened in the 16-17 season when they played just once Iowa won @ Wisconsin 59-57
then in the 17-18 season when they played just once and Iowa won 85-67 in Carver when Iowa won just 4 BT games
in the 18-19 season Wisconsin won in Carver 72-66 then in Wisconsin they won 65-45 oooooo once in 4 games Wisconsin won by more than 6 points and now they are going to win by 15 points.

Iowa thought they were getting a visit from Crowl too.
he did have a visit but others said that the staff cooled on him. to me I am in the camp he was a fringe recruit that might be interested in Iowa.

me I am in the Martice Mitchell camp, get him and Foster and wait and see if Jordan will play or RS.

the other news is that Foster will be in during the PSU game for his 2nd Official visit while Sibley and Jackson will be in on September 27th for their official visits.

Mitchell is setting up his official visit date,

They cooled on him when he committed to UW.
no this came from a mod on a Hawkeye site other than Hawkeye report.

but like I said to be he was a fringe recruit as far as his interest in Iowa, he was supposed to visit on 27 Sept,

looks like I was right. he was not that interested in Iowa otherwise he would have visitec before committing to anyone.

oh well next man in. still like Mitchell better, always have.

he will replace Kriener or who ever they get,

ADVERTISEMENT