***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
Expect to sign? How the hell would I know? I'm not on the staff. We have a plenty of good prospects however.

If you follow it at all you’d know who you at least have a reasonable chance with. Although with Ricky’s 5,589 offers maybe it isn’t so easy.

What part of the bet that he proposed was insanely lopsided and why did you always bring up SNU?
"Bets" as in plural. He has a track record of offering lopsided bets and then playing dumb about it. Also, why do you continually hold snu's jock? I've noticed you constantly feel the need to "defend his honor".

"Bets" as in plural. He has a track record of offering lopsided bets and then playing dumb about it. Also, why do you continually hold snu's jock? I've noticed you constantly feel the need to "defend his honor".

How was asking why you always bring him up “defending his honor”? Jesus Christ you’re without a doubt the worst poster to grace this board and that’s saying something.

If you follow it at all you’d know who you at least have a reasonable chance with. Although with Ricky’s 5,589 offers maybe it isn’t so easy.
I would agree with this. Obviously, there are times when a recruit comes out of nowhere (i.e Haarms thank god), but generally, you know who are realistic possibilities. Purdue for example has Carlson, Kalkbrenner, and Dickinson left on the board. It would be a big surprise if Painter signs anyone else other than one of those three for ‘20. If all of them decline, the schollie likely gets banked for ‘21.

How was asking why you always bring him up “defending his honor”? Jesus Christ you’re without a doubt the worst poster to grace this board and that’s saying something.
You’re getting sucked into a black hole of nonsense

Reactions: bMORE607
What part of the bet that he proposed was insanely lopsided and why did you always bring up SNU?

I think the bet was lopsided but that was kind of my point. I think it’s likely the Jaguars score more than 10 points so of course I’d offer that bet if someone thinks they wont.

If anyone thinks my offer was lopsided then they’d be agreeing with me that “I can’t see a way the Jaguars score more than 10 points” is foolish.

Either it’s more likely they do (lopsided in my favor) or it’s more likely they don’t (not lopsided in my favor).

I would agree with this. Obviously, there are times when a recruit comes out of nowhere (i.e Haarms thank god), but generally, you know who are realistic possibilities. Purdue for example has Carlson, Kalkbrenner, and Dickinson left on the board. It would be a big surprise if Painter signs anyone else other than one of those three for ‘20. If all of them decline, the schollie likely gets banked for ‘21.

Sounds like Carlson is all Xavier, for w/e reason.

Gonna be a long seven weeks...
Have you read Brian’s article today about Haarms and Williams? How many minutes do you think they can play alongside each other per game? I do think it can work but like Lutz said switching 4 different ways on ball screens may be an issue defensively.

Have you read Brian’s article today about Haarms and Williams? How many minutes do you think they can play alongside each other per game? I do think it can work but like Lutz said switching 4 different ways on ball screens may be an issue defensively.

It’ll be interesting for sure. They’re obviously 2 of our best 3 players alongside Nojel so we need them on the floor as much as possible.

It’ll be interesting for sure. They’re obviously 2 of our best 3 players alongside Nojel so we need them on the floor as much as possible.
Yep agreed. I think any trade-offs defensively would be worth it on the offensive end.

I'm really not a huge fan of going big as a regular lineup. Purdue has experienced its best success under Painter with a four-out lineup that spread the floor, create mismatches at the 4, and stretch a defense with shooters.

I understand the thought that those are two of your three or four best players and you want to get them on the floor as much as possible. But I'm not sure it's a net gain on a nightly basis.

If Wheeler/Gillis can rebound effectively enough, I would much prefer using one of those two guys at the 4 and running with a three-guard lineup.

What are your thoughts?

I'm really not a huge fan of going big as a regular lineup. Purdue has experienced its best success under Painter with a four-out lineup that spread the floor, create mismatches at the 4, and stretch a defense with shooters.

I understand the thought that those are two of your three or four best players and you want to get them on the floor as much as possible. But I'm not sure it's a net gain on a nightly basis.

If Wheeler/Gillis can rebound effectively enough, I would much prefer using one of those two guys at the 4 and running with a three-guard lineup.

What are your thoughts?
I like the idea of it in stretches. If Haarms can truly be a threat from 15 feet out this season that is. I do think both guys are good enough passers/decision makers to make it work & think Haarms is mobile enough defensively to not kill you anyway.

I think Painter will be able to shuffle the lineups enough to where they’re not out there too long together and Haarms will shift back to the 5 with Wheeler/Gillis going to the 4 then to give the opposing defense a different look.

I would also want someone besides Nojel to be the point when it does happen. Someone like IT just to help with spacing. Although a lineup with Nojel/Wheeler/Haarms/Trevion in it would give you so much rebounding and length, I just don’t think that’s enough skill on the court.

After rewatching the Virginia game the other week I feel confident Wheeler could guard opposing 3’s now. He really seemed to improve defensively by the end of the year.

It’ll be interesting to see but I think like 10 minutes a game with both of them out there is totally feasible. With the other 30 minutes being more of the traditional lineup.

Might be another surprise today. We’ll see though.
Nice get on Carlson. Feels like Gard’s first big recruiting win. If he can keep that up then i think Wisconsin will be able to be more consistent from year to year.

Nice get on Carlson. Feels like Gard’s first big recruiting win. If he can keep that up then i think Wisconsin will be able to be more consistent from year to year.

I felt least confident with him of the 3 we’re still after. Was going to be tough with the oversign.

Our 2020 is really solid by our standards. 2021 shaping up to be more of the same.

Michigan is going to come up 2nd or 3rd in probably all of the big 2020 races (I think we might get Burnett though). Will need to make a big splash with the 2021 class.

What are your thoughts?
I like the idea of using it in a very limited fashion. Case in point in the Minny @Purdue game last year we were getting bullied down low. Brought in Haarms and Williams and changed that quickly. Really think that saved the game. The interesting point is potentially using it as a proactive strategy rather than reactive. Either way it is a good problem to have.

ADVERTISEMENT