***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
No need to go back and forth or move goalposts over this.

You said you can’t see the Jaguars scoring more than 10. I’ll bet you money or a month long avatar bet that the Jags score more than 10.

Want to or no?
I never said the Jaguars would win, btw. I just think they’ll score more than 10 points. No need to move the goalposts and act like I said they’d win (or even cover).
You started the back and forth. I gave my opinion on why I’m probably going to bet Tennessee & you interjected yourself in a troll-like manner for only God knows what reason. & no that’d be an egregiously dumb bet on my part. I’ll bet you they go under their implied team total of 19 though.

And before you go all “oh but I thought you said they won’t score more than 10 though”, yeah that’s my bold call and why I’m betting Tennessee even though I have no faith in Tennessee’s offense. But if the jags scored 17 would I be shocked? No.

You started the back and forth. I gave my opinion on why I’m probably going to bet Tennessee & you interjected yourself in a troll-like manner for only God knows what reason. & no that’d be an egregiously dumb bet on my part. I’ll bet you they go under their implied team total of 19 though.

And before you go all “oh but I thought you said they won’t score more than 10 though”, yeah that’s my bold call and why I’m betting Tennessee even though I have no faith in Tennessee’s offense. But if the jags scored 17 would I be shocked? No.

If them scoring 17 wouldn’t shock you then you CAN see them scoring more than 10.

If them scoring 17 wouldn’t shock you then you CAN see them scoring more than 10.
tenor.gif

Attention board members: in the future when I’m talking about making bets and say “I can’t see (insert here) happening. I do not mean I believe myself to be 100% right 100% of the time in a game where nothing is 100% certain and would burn my first born alive at the stake if I was wrong. Think of it as a figure of speech.

Sorry for the confusion @hailtoyourvictor , I did not mean it was physically impossible for the Jaguars to score more than 10 points and I could not imagine it happening in the history of the universe if they played the game an infinite amount of times.

Attention board members: in the future when I’m talking about making bets and say “I can’t see (insert here) happening. I do not mean I believe myself to be 100% right 100% of the time in a game where nothing is 100% certain and would burn my first born alive at the stake if I was wrong. Think of it as a figure of speech.

Sorry for the confusion @hailtoyourvictor , I did not mean it was physically impossible for the Jaguars to score more than 10 points and I could not imagine it happening in the history of the universe if they played the game an infinite amount of times.

“I can’t see _______ happening” is probably not the best way to word something you can see realistically happening. Glad to help.

Reactions: SNU0821
@otte21

I’m not sure what all the 100% of times in an “infinite amount of games” stuff is all about. Seems to be a bit of a straw man.

I’ll give you even 50% odds that the Jaguars score more than 10 points in this game, though.

“I can’t see _______ happening” is probably not the best way to word something you can see realistically happening. Glad to help.
I predict the Jaguars to score no more than 10 points. Better? But no, I can indeed not see the future.

It’s much better. Do you think it’s more likely they score 11+ or more likely they score 10 or less?
I’d put my money on 10 or less offensive points.
-both teams play at extremely slow paces and want to run the ball to shorten the game
-Tennessee will be the best D they’ve faced to date, especially against the run
-Gardner Minshew is a stud but not a good NFL QB
-Fournette looks good but his O-line sucks.
-Chark looks to be the real deal but think he’ll struggle in this matchup to create separation.

Fvck it, $50 they score 10 or less offensive points? Pick 6’s/punt/kickoff returns don’t count

I’d put my money on 10 or less offensive points.
-both teams play at extremely slow paces and want to run the ball to shorten the game
-Tennessee will be the best D they’ve faced to date, especially against the run
-Gardner Minshew is a stud but not a good NFL QB
-Fournette looks good but his O-line sucks.
-Chark looks to be the real deal but think he’ll struggle in this matchup to create separation.

Fvck it, $50 they score 10 or less offensive points? Pick 6’s/punt/kickoff returns don’t count

Why the hell wouldn’t they count?

Why the hell wouldn’t they count?
Because my reasoning for they won’t score 10 or more points is based on things you can actually analyze before the game, not fluky stuff. Their team implied total is 19, it’s more than a fair deal for 50/50 odds.

Because my reasoning for they won’t score 10 or more points is based on things you can actually analyze before the game, not fluky stuff. Their team implied total is 19, it’s more than a fair deal for 50/50 odds.

Lmao. I’ll bet you the Jaguars score over 10 points as a team. They have one of the better defenses in football and led the NFL in defensive TDs two seasons ago. I’m not going to handicap myself by saying it doesn’t count if their defense scores.

Take the bet or don’t take the bet. Doesn’t bother me either way.

Lmao. I’ll bet you the Jaguars score over 10 points as a team. They have one of the better defenses in football and led the NFL in defensive TDs two seasons ago. I’m not going to handicap myself by saying it doesn’t count if their defense scores.

Take the bet or don’t take the bet. Doesn’t bother me either way.
Weak sauce.

Weak sauce.

Over the past two seasons the Jags DST scored 72 points (counting the extra points after defensive TDs). That’s 2.25 points per game.

I’ll bet you $50 the jaguars offense + field goals + extra points from offensive TDs is more than 7.75 points.

Over the past two seasons the Jags DST scored 72 points (counting the extra points after defensive TDs). That’s 2.25 points per game.

I’ll bet you $50 the jaguars offense + field goals + extra points from offensive TDs is more than 7.75 points.
Jesus no. I already agreed to handicap myself 9 points in the NFL for 50/50 odds which is insane and you want me to go 2.25 points more? No. It’s 10 offensive points. Take it or leave it. And then we’ll both shut up to stop clogging the board up.

What's the O/U again?
40 for the game.

Reactions: bMORE607
Jesus no. I already agreed to handicap myself 9 points in the NFL for 50/50 odds which is insane and you want me to go 2.25 points more? No. It’s 10 offensive points. Take it or leave it. And then we’ll both shut up to stop clogging the board up.

40 for the game.

You said 10 points but then said defensive and special teams points don’t count. Vegas counts defensive and special teams points.

Since you said you can’t see them scoring more than 10 points total, I’ll take over 10 points total. If you want to limit it to defensive points not counting I’ll go over 8.5 points for the offense/kicker.

You said 10 points but then said defensive and special teams points don’t count. Vegas counts defensive and special teams points.

Since you said you can’t see them scoring more than 10 points total, I’ll take over 10 points total. If you want to limit it to defensive points not counting I’ll go over 8.5 points for the offense/kicker.
39 with or without defensive scores included? Laughing
We’re done talking about it

The talent I feel has really taken a step up though the past few years.

Absolutely. The new rankings for the 2022 class has 2 MN guys in the top 50 highlighted by (hopefully future Boiler) Camden Heide at 23. Talent up there is starting to remind me of the talent in Indiana.

This one, I thought they might have actually cooled on him already.
And I'm not trolling.

No. They’re not getting Suggs, garcia, or Carlson. They wanted him. They lost this awhile ago when we offered first, imo. They’re recruiting is struggling right now.

Reactions: buckymel
No. They’re not getting Suggs, garcia, or Carlson. They wanted him. They lost this awhile ago when we offered first, imo. They’re recruiting is struggling right now.

Is it signing day yet? We shall see who has the better class then.

ADVERTISEMENT