***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
A looong loooong time. Casey Mize, Matt Manning, & Matt Boyd are nice front of the rotation pieces but they aren’t going to have shit behind those three.

What’s caused them to fall off so much? They had a pretty solid 10 year run starting from that 2006 WS appearance.

What’s caused them to fall off so much? They had a pretty solid 10 year run starting from that 2006 WS appearance.
Traded away JD Martinez for peanuts. Victor Martinez got old. Miggy has gotten old. Didn’t really get much from the Verlander trade. Let Scherzer walk into free agency without reaching a deal. Their bullpen has always been garbage. Just a cumulation of things really. They’ll be a doormat for awhile unless they find hitting somewhere but I doubt it’ll be from their farm system. The top 3 of Boyd, Mize, Manning really is nice though but relying on young arms in a rebuild is scary.

Reactions: MGC_07
You’re likely both correct. Cupboard isn’t totally bare, but the depth is abysmal, and losing the starting QB and RB on offense, and the best 2 defenders is too much to overcome versus a team like tcu

No excuse for choking the huge lead in Reno though. That was turrible, just turrible
It wasn't the cupboard not being bare that I was disagreeing with. It was the suggestion that I was acting like we had no talent and was making excuses.

I mean, he’s not wrong.

rMdTrpa.gif

Vanderbilt> any team ul has beat. Besides, even if they did look better that has nothing to do with brohm choosing purdue over them.

The little mojo you guys had, is now gone. At UL he could get players easier. They don't have to go to class and can get paid

Reactions: SNU0821
The little mojo you guys had, is now gone. At UL he could get players easier. They don't have to go to class and can get paid
You were probably saying the same thing after we started 0-3 last year. And brohm is doing fine recruiting. He wouldn't be doing much better recruiting there if any better at all. Not like ul is some fball powerhouse.

Mojo is gone? Lol. We had 3k over capacity Saturday night with all of the top in-state 2021 kids on campus (one of them committed yesterday). The 2020 recruiting class is close to that top 25 level it was at a year ago with likely the highest rated player remaining on our board set to commit in a few weeks.

Mojo is gone? Lol. We had 3k over capacity Saturday night with all of the top in-state 2021 kids on campus (one of them committed yesterday). The 2020 recruiting class is close to that top 25 level it was at a year ago. If anything, the mojo is even better than this time a year ago.

Starting off each season by dropping a bunch of OOC games is not a good look

Reactions: SNU0821
I got the bears at -1.5 & Cle -3 a few days ago. I’m glad that line grew from the Darnold news because of how bad Cle looked week 1 but I think they’ll bounce back anyway.
Boy did I get lucky with that Bears game. I wish I would have put more money on Cle with just how disgusting the NY Jets are @bMORE607

Games tickling my fancy for next week:

Titans-1.5 @ Jax. Idk if that line is already with the assumption J. Ramsey is going to get traded or not. Tennessee’s offense against that D makes me nervous about this one though so I may end up staying away even though I can’t see Jax scoring more than 10.

Jets/NE under 46.5. It’ll have to be NE 44 NYJ 3 for this over to hit after watching the jets last night.

NYG +6.5 @ TB.
Hou/LAC over 48

Last edited:
Reactions: bMORE607
Boy did I get lucky with that Bears game. I wish I would have put more money on Cle with just how disgusting the NY Jets are @bMORE607

Titans-1.5 @ Jax. Idk if that line is already with the assumption J. Ramsey is going to get traded or not. Tennessee’s offense against that D makes me nervous about this one though so I may end up staying away even though I can’t see Jax scoring more than 10.

Jets/NE under 46.5. It’ll have to be NE 44 NYJ 3 for this over to hit after watching the jets last night.

NYG +6.5 @ TB.
Hou/LAC over 48

Nothing jumped out to me. I wanna see how the lines move. Although after last week, I might take a week off.

Reactions: otte21
Nothing jumped out to me. I wanna see how the lines move. Although after last week, I might take a week off.

Jax scored 12 against Houston on the road. Came a foot short of beating Houston.

We can skip Vegas and I’ll say Jax scores more than 10 at home.

Not saying they will beat Tenn but I’m not sure how saying “I don’t see Jax scoring more than 10” makes sense.

looking at the Foster recruitment ISU fans are getting worse everyday and the Iowa fans are getting just as obnoxious about the whole thing. its making to make me wish that he either picks either Baylor or VT just to stop their behavior.

does that make me a bad Hawk fan? wishing that he would go out of state to get away from all this?

Jax scored 12 against Houston on the road. Came a foot short of beating Houston.

We can skip Vegas and I’ll say Jax scores more than 10 at home.

Not saying they will beat Tenn but I’m not sure how saying “I don’t see Jax scoring more than 10” makes sense.
Tennessee’s defense is a lot better than Houston’s (especially against the run and Fournette is by far Jax’s biggest weapon). It’s just my opinion dude, put your life savings on Jacksonville if you’re so confident. Jesus Christ. I’m not saying 10 is their implied total, I’m just saying I think Tennessee wins an ugly game at Jax.

Last edited:

NYG +6.5 @ TB.
Hou/LAC over 48

No need to go back and forth or move goalposts over this.

You said you can’t see the Jaguars scoring more than 10. I’ll bet you money or a month long avatar bet that the Jags score more than 10.

Want to or no?

I never said the Jaguars would win, btw. I just think they’ll score more than 10 points. No need to move the goalposts and act like I said they’d win (or even cover).

ADVERTISEMENT