***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
Says the guy that has referenced injuries 1,000 times as to why IU sucked last year in basketball. I didn’t say the cupboard was bare. The cupboard is young though & football isn’t a young man’s game. They shouldn’t have lost to Nevada. Those 5 turnovers were inexcusable. The stomping by TCU last night wasn’t surprising though.
And as I’ve been told by you and other Purdue fans, that isn’t really a good excuse for losing the games you have. They seem to count when it’s Hummel or Haas being injured. They don’t seem to matter when it happens to others. Weird.

Pick a stance. Either injuries matter or they don’t.

What would you call a 41-point loss? Beatdown of epic proportions?
Lol. You can call it what you want. It doesn’t bother me. We don’t have a good football team.

Doesn’t diminish you all were completely out classed last night. It was a great reality check for ya. Lol

Exactly. No excuse for losing to Nevada.

But playing against TCU’s defense with a QB making his collegiate debut? It’d be a different story if Sindelar had played and we had been crushed.
One would think if Brohm was that good, he could have at least kept it competitive against TCU. Not to mention not get beat by a bad Nevada team.

And as I’ve been told by you and other Purdue fans, that isn’t really a good excuse for losing the games you have. They seem to count when it’s Hummel or Haas being injured. They don’t seem to matter when it happens to others. Weird.

Pick a stance. Either injuries matter or they don’t.
Injuries always matter. But if you can’t see the difference between Hummel’s torn acls/Haas’s broken elbow as to why Purdue didn’t reach the elite 8 compared to Zach McRoberts sore back or Langford’s hurt finger as to why they missed the tournament, then I don’t know what to tell ya.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
One would think if Brohm was that good, he could have at least kept it competitive against TCU. Not to mention not get beat by a bad Nevada team.

Again, we’ve already discussed Nevada and how that was a bad loss. No excuse on that one.

As far as keeping it competitive last night, it was for the first half. But with a crappy o-line missing one of their only experienced lineman (Plummer got sacked easily on a 3-man rush), and a QB making his first start, it was going to be a struggle all night against that defense. Time of Possession was 2/3 TCU so our defense was on the field for way longer than they should’ve been. Once I saw Sindelar wasn’t playing, I knew it wasn’t going to be a good outcome.

Says the guy that has referenced injuries 1,000 times as to why IU sucked last year in basketball. I didn’t say the cupboard was bare. The cupboard is young though & football isn’t a young man’s game. They shouldn’t have lost to Nevada. Those 5 turnovers were inexcusable. The stomping by TCU last night wasn’t surprising though.

The spread was +2. 21 point loss is kind of surprising.

Reactions: SNU0821
Injuries always matter. But if you can’t see the difference between Hummel’s torn acls/Haas’s broken elbow as to why Purdue didn’t reach the elite 8 compared to Zach McRoberts sore back or Langford’s hurt finger as to why they missed the tournament, then I don’t know what to tell ya.
What’s the difference? Are you implying that an injury to our best players shooting hand, which required surgery to fix, wouldn’t have made a difference for our team? Lol. Again, it seems to only matter if they’re injuries to Purdue players.

And one more thing, we have several more players injured throughout the year including a Top 50 shooter who would have at a minimum contributed last year. Or what about our starting PG who was playing really well as a freshman including hitting a game winner against Butler? We missed the tourney by one or two games. It’s idiotic to imply our injuries didn’t have as significant an impact to our team as they did to Purdue. Both resulted in losses and ultimately to the team not achieving as much success as they likely would have had.

The spread was +2. 21 point loss is kind of surprising.
The spread should have been more than +2, and that spread was probably with the assumption Sindelar would play. I even told my friend who was surprised Purdue wasn’t favored to take TCU.

Spread is a bit misleading since it didn’t factor Sindelar not playing. I think it changed to +4 before the game which still seemed too low.

A 21 point game with a a +4 spread is still surprising.

I hope you guys made money on that if you thought it was such easy money.

What’s the difference? Are you implying that an injury to our best players shooting hand, which required surgery to fix, wouldn’t have made a difference for our team? Lol. Again, it seems to only matter if they’re injuries to Purdue players.

And one more thing, we have several more players injured throughout the year including a Top 50 shooter who would have at a minimum contributed last year. We missed the tourney by one or two games. It’s idiotic to imply our injuries didn’t have as significant an impact to our team as they did to Purdue. Both resulted in losses and ultimately to the team not achieving as much success as they likely would have had.
You can’t see the difference between not making the elite 8 because of a season ending injury (to one of if not the best player) at a non-blue blood program to non-season ending injuries (besides a freshman who hasn’t played a minute yet) at a blue blood program that missed the entire tournament?

A 21 point game with a a +4 spread is still surprising.

I hope you guys made money on that if you thought it was such easy money.

Don’t think it’s that surprising honestly. Cell service wasn’t good enough at the stadium to get a bet in anyway haha.

You can’t see the difference between not making the elite 8 because of a season ending injury (to one of if not the best player) at a non-blue blood program to non-season ending injuries (besides a freshman who hasn’t played a minute yet) at a blue blood program that missed the entire tournament?
The difference of an injury to a team? No, they’re not different. Just because one injury happened to Purdue who was highly ranked and IU last season who wasn’t, doesn’t downplay the impacts to each individual team. An injury to the best player on the team is the same regardless. Now, Hummel’s injury was more severe meaning it caused him to not play, but Langford’s injury to his SHOOTING hand absolutely had an impact on our team. He also injured his back and played through that for a bit.

Both injuries negatively impacted their team. Downplaying one versus another is a very Purdue homer thing to do.

The difference of an injury to a team? No, they’re not different. Just because one injury happened to Purdue who was highly ranked and IU last season who wasn’t, doesn’t downplay the impacts to each individual team. An injury to the best player on the team is the same regardless. Now, Hummel’s injury was more severe meaning it caused him to not play, but Langford’s injury to his SHOOTING hand absolutely had an impact on our team. He also injured his back and played through that for a bit.

Both injuries negatively impacted their team. Downplaying one versus another is a very Purdue homer thing to do.
Langford wasn’t a good shooter before the injury though. He was always better attacking the rim and still averaged, what 17ppg for you guys? Imagine just wiping those 17 points out.

Langford wasn’t a good shooter before the injury though. He was always better attacking the rim and still averaged, what 17ppg for you guys? Imagine just wiping those 17 points out.
He wasn’t nearly as bad as he shot last year, either. So you’re basically saying it didn’t impact him? Lol. Again, another Purdue thing to do.

Now imagine additional injuries throughout the year to Kramer, Grant, and other players. But let me guess, not a big deal, amirite?

If you Purdue fans really thought that +2 and +4 line was really way too low before the game than y’all are a bunch of assholes. This thread was filled with people talking about betting and Vegas the past couple days and none of you gave your opinion on that.

Reactions: SNU0821
If you Purdue fans really thought that +2 and +4 line was really way too low before the game than y’all are a bunch of assholes. This thread was filled with people talking about betting and Vegas the past couple days and none of you gave your opinion on that.
Yup. I told people OSU -14 at IU was a gift. But I’m also realistic, too. Purdue fans? Not so much. They’re still acting like they have a good program.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Brohm kept saying they were optimistic Sindelar was playing. I didn’t even know he wasn’t until after the game started last night. Even then I told my buddy I thought TCU was a good bet with Bailey going down and the offensive line being shit. And I just said what I bet and I also never bet against Purdue anyway.

Brohm kept saying they were optimistic Sindelar was playing. I didn’t even know he wasn’t until after the game started last night. Even then I told my buddy I thought TCU was a good bet with Bailey going down and the offensive line being shit. And I just said what I bet and I also never bet against Purdue anyway.

Pretty sure I saw it on twitter about 30 minutes before the game started that it was going to be Plummer.

It’s interesting that in Brohm’s 3rd year you guys only give yourself a chance if a Hazell recruit plays.

He actually recruited pretty decent QB’s believe it or not. He couldn’t recruit linemen (both offensive and defensive) worth a damn which still is felt to this day. When Brohm came in, our o-line wasn’t even MAC-quality.

It was very dependent on Sindelar IMO. If he played, the combination of him and a night game might have been enough to secure a win. He didn't and we were fvcked. I didn't find out he wasn't playing until 30 minutes prior to the game.

That is the hole Hazell dug for him. TCU had 12 4 star or higher upperclassmen playing last night. Purdue had 0.
The cupboard isn’t bare. You’re acting as if you have no talent. Sounds like excuses for your coach who isn’t getting it done this season.

The cupboard isn’t bare. You’re acting as if you have no talent. Sounds like excuses for your coach who isn’t getting it done this season.

Lol. Most of the talent is young. The two deeps is littered with freshmen and sophomores. It’s not bare but it’s young. Just the reality of the situation.

Agree to disagree.

You’re likely both correct. Cupboard isn’t totally bare, but the depth is abysmal, and losing the starting QB and RB on offense, and the best 2 defenders is too much to overcome versus a team like tcu

No excuse for choking the huge lead in Reno though. That was turrible, just turrible

I’d hate to only have basketball season to look forward to like last year. At least I have many mild distractions until b-ball season. Packers 2-0. Brewers still treading water. Badger football looking ok. Hunting season just starting. On vacation currently and one more in a month.

Reactions: KisteK
Every single Pro Spirts team from Detroit is bad right now. MSU football is wasting and elite defense.

We’re gonna sick in basketball thoughSmokinSmileSmokinSmileSmokinSmile

ADVERTISEMENT