***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
Any action tonight boys? This is what I got for this weekend so far.

Ravens/Cards under
Browns -6.5(really wish I hit this before the Darnold news)
Vikings +2
Bears/Broncos over
Bengals -2
Steelers -4
Stanford +8
Pedo State -17.5
UNC +3

giphy.gif

Bankroll taking a hit this week

The Big Ten is trash this year. There's a couple of good team and a ton of bad teams.

Arizona State really got tested by two bad teams the past couple weeks. 19-7 over Sacramento State and 10-7 over Michigan State.

Purdue is without 2/3 of its senior class tonight due to injury. Unreal. We are hanging in tho.

With the leading passer in FBS and an all conference LB playing? No not an ass beating lol.
Meh, we still might be getting our ass kicked. It would be better but our OL would still be terrible and our DL would still be overmatched.

Reactions: SNU0821
Meh, we still might be getting our ass kicked. It would be better but our OL would still be terrible and our DL would still be overmatched.

Bailey cleans up a lot of mistakes. And the Sindelar to Plummer drop-off is a big one.

Not looking good for Purdue. Nevada looks really bad and now a blowout vs TCU.
5e41UcE2_400x400.png

There’s a reason I said the floor was as low as 4 games with the current roster. Horrible O-line regardless of health, plus still no Neal, losing Bailey to a torn acl. Sindelar a concussion, top 2 RB’s hurt, young roster in general and zero depth. Not a good recipe for a football team until you get old. Purdue is far from an old team.

Purdue’s offensive line is very worrisome to say the least. I think the defense will be improved & I love the skill position players even if they are mainly so young. I’m thinking 6-7 wins with a ceiling of 9 wins if that O-line can come together. A floor of 4 wins if everything just goes sideways. Purdue has very little depth aside from WR, injuries could be very worrisome as well.
Looking like a floor type of season to me unless Brohm pulls something out of his ass.

5e41UcE2_400x400.png

There’s a reason I said the floor was as low as 4 games with the current roster. Horrible O-line regardless of health, plus still no Neal, losing Bailey to a torn acl. Sindelar a concussion, top 2 RB’s hurt, young roster in general and zero depth. Not a good recipe for a football team until you get old. Purdue is far from an old team.
It’s not like the cupboard is bare at Purdue. You shouldn’t have lost to Nevada. You shouldn’t have been thoroughly stomped by TCU. Sounds like excuses to me because your coach isn’t getting it done.

Did those guys play when Purdue lost to a bad Nevada team?
As good as they told us Brohm is and how good they expected to be this year (at a minimum, similar to last year), who would have thought they would lose two of their first three non conference games. Weird.

It’s not like the cupboard is bare at Purdue. You shouldn’t have lost to Nevada. You shouldn’t have been thoroughly stomped by TCU. Sounds like excuses to me because your coach isn’t getting it done.
Says the guy that has referenced injuries 1,000 times as to why IU sucked last year in basketball. I didn’t say the cupboard was bare. The cupboard is young though & football isn’t a young man’s game. They shouldn’t have lost to Nevada. Those 5 turnovers were inexcusable. The stomping by TCU last night wasn’t surprising though.

Reactions: KisteK
Says the guy that has referenced injuries 1,000 times as to why IU sucked last year in basketball. I didn’t say the cupboard was bare. The cupboard is young though & football isn’t a young man’s game. They shouldn’t have lost to Nevada. Those 5 turnovers were inexcusable. The stomping by TCU last night wasn’t surprising though.

Exactly. No excuse for losing to Nevada.

But playing against TCU’s defense with a QB making his collegiate debut? It’d be a different story if Sindelar had played and we had been crushed.

If we were thoroughly stomped by TCU losing by 21, what would you call what OSU did to IU?

Exactly. No excuse for losing to Nevada.

But playing against TCU’s defense with a QB making his collegiate debut? It’d be a different story if Sindelar had played and we had been crushed.
Even with Sindelar the O-line is so terrible that it’s hard to be so one dimensional & beat a good defense like TCU’s especially when they can rush 3 and still get to the QB. Don’t get me wrong Sindelar would have done much much better than Plummer last night but Purdue is going to get exposed with that O-line. Which unfortunately takes the longest to solidify for a program. It’s not that surprising to me either as my post before the season started eluded to.

Even with Sindelar the O-line is so terrible that it’s hard to be so one dimensional & beat a good defense like TCU’s especially when they can rush 3 and still get to the QB. Don’t get me wrong Sindelar would have done much much better than Plummer last night but Purdue is going to get exposed with that O-line. Which unfortunately takes the longest to solidify for a program. It’s not that surprising to me either as my post before the season started eluded to.

No doubt. That was easily the weakest link when Brohm took over. Most of the Hazell o-line recruits that would’ve been upperclassmen are gone because they weren’t good enough. Hopefully it’ll be better next year.

No doubt. That was easily the weakest link when Brohm took over. Most of the Hazell o-line recruits that would’ve been upperclassmen are gone because they weren’t good enough. Hopefully it’ll be better next year.
I think it’ll be 2 more years until the O-line is solid enough for Brohm to do what he wants to. But yeah I think they’ll be better at least next season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT