***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
Interesting data. I wonder how they calculate the recruiting costs and if each school does it differently. $400k+ for PSU? $700k+ for Illinois and Indiana. Less than $300k for most of the rest of the B1G
Yeah, I'd like a little more explanation. I imagine those are self-reported numbers, but does each dept include the same costs into that number?

Interesting data. I wonder how they calculate the recruiting costs and if each school does it differently. $400k+ for PSU? $700k+ for Illinois and Indiana. Less than $300k for most of the rest of the B1G

This is exactly it. Indiana reports EVERYTHING as an expense not all schools do that. Every coach gets the same amount of days to recruit.

Reactions: SNU0821
Yeah, I'd like a little more explanation. I imagine those are self-reported numbers, but does each dept include the same costs into that number?

This is exactly it. Indiana reports EVERYTHING as an expense not all schools do that. Every coach gets the same amount of days to recruit.

There are definitely differences though. Does the coach drive to recruit / visit, or do they take a private jet? Just like that AAU link a few weeks ago, smaller coaches had to drive themselves and stay in cheaper hotels while the big wigs flew on chartered jets and could hit multiple tournaments/venues in the same day.

I also wonder if the budget includes official visits and what not. Some schools offer and bring in a ton of kids on visits, others are more selective.

Reactions: KisteK and Jaycg15
Just seeing Wiscy at ~11% of what IU is spending sets off the alarm bells that something is very wrong with this data. Can’t possibly be true.

There are definitely differences though. Does the coach drive to recruit / visit, or do they take a private jet? Just like that AAU link a few weeks ago, smaller coaches had to drive themselves and stay in cheaper hotels while the big wigs flew on chartered jets and could hit multiple tournaments/venues in the same day.

I also wonder if the budget includes official visits and what not. Some schools offer and bring in a ton of kids on visits, others are more selective.
Yeah, we've used every OV possible over the past 2 years. I'm sure that plays into it. Also, our coaches have been spending a lot of time abroad looking at guys, so that also plays into it.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
Just seeing Wiscy at ~11% of what IU is spending sets off the alarm bells that something is very wrong with this data. Can’t possibly be true.
I looked further into it. Either the schools are lying or it's accurate.

From the article:
"Stadium obtained the NCAA Financial Reports from the 2018 fiscal year for 53 Division I schools — almost all of which play in the AAC, ACC, Big 12, Big Ten, Pac-12 or SEC — and these reports, which are submitted to the NCAA annually, outline detailed financial data regarding the operating revenue and expenses for each school’s athletic department."

From NCAA's website:
"The financial data are subject to agreed-upon procedures performed by a qualified independent accountant annually for DI members."

From NCAA's 2019 Agreed-Upon Procedures for financial reporting:
"Input transportation, lodging and meals for prospective student-athletes and institutional personnel on official and unofficial visits, telephone call charges, postage and such. Include value of use of institution’s own vehicles or airplanes as well as in-kind value of loaned or contributed transportation."

Yeah, we've used every OV possible over the past 2 years. I'm sure that plays into it. Also, our coaches have been spending a lot of time abroad looking at guys, so that also plays into it.

Whereas Izzo typically only recruits from the Great Lakes region, and a lot of the times is driving himself. I know a few years ago during his contract re-negotiations, he was allowed X-amount of hours to use a private jet instead of driving himself. Not sure how that compares to other schools, and their use of private jets. I do remember Calipari supposedly took a helicopter and landed on the HS baseball field to recruit a player back in the day, when he first started at UK.

Reactions: Jaycg15 and SNU0821
Don't worry, Maryland pays its recruiting expenses via slightly different methods. I'm sure you're higher than 200k.

;)

Off the books, I like it

giphy.gif

Reactions: Jaycg15
Get this,
Kansas took in this senior, kid ran away from his former team - a team coming off a 2018-2019 NCAAT birth, his first Big Dance experience.

Poor sap played on a team that averaged less than 20 wins *(despite having an avg ncSOS of ~294)* and less than 10 conference wins per year. Never even won a conference title!
In three seasons!!

This season is all about Moss.
Kansas hits an E8 or better, Moss is a winner.
Kansas falls short, all on Moss ..obviously.

* Infinite rolling emojis * 294!! Buying wins
lets see if his attitude changes and plays the complete 40 minutes vs taking plays off and is not fully engaged in playing defense,

this is not just my opinion but the opinion of sports writers, will he be allowed to be a major chucker for Kansas which is what he wanted at Iowa. Fran likes to spread the scoring when possible.

in Moss's RSJR year there were 4 players in dbl digits,
Cook led the team in scoring at just under 15 ppg with Wieskamp avg'ing just over 11 ppg,

the difference between this year and the last 3 is the team can go 2 deep at each position in experience and height
1 6'0 FR Toussaint backup 6'5 RSSO Connor
2 6'4 RSFR Fredrick backup 6'2 RSSR Evelyn
3 6'6 SO Wieskamp backup 6'8 FR Patrick
4 6'11 JR Garza backup 6'8 RSJR Pemsl
5 7'0 RSSO Nunge backup SR 6'9 Kriener
off the bench
F 6'7 JR Till.
for a total of 11 scholarship players this fall. Fran can now sit a player or 2 if they are not giving 100%, which Moss very rarely did. even Cook took plays off, this was evident in his low rebounding numbers and a high TO rate. getting lazy with his ball handling skill, even with as athletic as he was his shot blocking did not reflect that, in 3 seasons his highest total was 20 and that came in his SO season, 18 blocks came in his SR season.
Garza best came in his FR season when he blocked 32 shots
Nunge's best came in his FR season when he had 25 blocks. in 15.7 mpg vs Cooks 20 in 28 mpg.

good luck with Moss just hope he gives 100% in every game unlike what he did under Fran for his career.

Reactions: KisteK
Get this,
Kansas took in this senior, kid ran away from his former team - a team coming off a 2018-2019 NCAAT birth, his first Big Dance experience.

Poor sap played on a team that averaged less than 20 wins *(despite having an avg ncSOS of ~294)* and less than 10 conference wins per year. Never even won a conference title!
In three seasons!!

This season is all about Moss.
Kansas hits an E8 or better, Moss is a winner.
Kansas falls short, all on Moss ..obviously.

* Infinite rolling emojis * 294!! Buying wins
using a not winning a BT Chasmpionship in the last 3 season. really who gives a flying F((( as Iowa has not won a BT Championship for close to 40 years.

the last coach to reach the sweet 16 was run off for not winning enough the season when his team reached the sweet 16. Davis had 1 Elite 8 2 Sweet 16's and a 9-0 record in NCAAT 1st rnd games.

this season Fran on paper has the most talent on it since Davis's Elite 8 team and more importantly depth. this season by ESPN 5 Top 100 4* players, 1 4* just outside their top 100 grade 81,

Jordan a ESPN 4* just outside their top 100 is out after hip surgery.

oh by the way this is the BT where these are all on the level of winning the BT Championship
MSU
Michigan
OSU
Purdue
Wisconsin

so winning the BT Championship doesn't mean shit

unlike the B12 that Kansas has won the championship almost every year playing cupcakes.
also stop making BS up about Iowa's SOS as it was 25th and the SOR was #23 rd. by the BPI.

looking at last year schedule the BT went to a 20 game league schedule from 18, that left just 11 open dates
4 were part of a preseason tourney which Iowa won, the 4 finalist were Syracuse,
UConn
Oregon
Iowa.
then these that are mandated that Iowa has no control over
BT/ACC Challenge
ISU mandated yearly matchup by the states BOR
B4 Classic that was mandated by the Iowa states BOR which was finally stopped
that meant that 7 of Iowa's OOC games were out of Iowa's hands as to who they played.

no way in hell does Iowa have to play a murderers row to prove anything to the outsiders,

Another day another 5 star um makes the final group for, Josh Christopher is next. Going be a parade of 5 stars visiting Ann Arbor this fall.

And I would be surprised to land any of them. But it is a good start to get visits being this late to the game. UM fans will need to be patient with Howard, esp in recruiting. He has no track record or playing style for recruits to latch onto.

on the note on Assistant Coach Moore of Wisconsin Hawks send their prayers including myself.

just goes to show that there are more important things in life than a BB Game.

Reactions: pig1960
Just to let all the strangers that I converse with on the internet know that I’m going to be a father. It looks like the old lad will take after me.
4UDM358.jpg

I know we aren’t talking about that third leg there, so congrats on another fan of the worst athletic program in the conference.

Congrats my friend

lets see if his attitude changes and plays the complete 40 minutes vs taking plays off and is not fully engaged in playing defense,

this is not just my opinion but the opinion of sports writers, will he be allowed to be a major chucker for Kansas which is what he wanted at Iowa. Fran likes to spread the scoring when possible.

in Moss's RSJR year there were 4 players in dbl digits,
Cook led the team in scoring at just under 15 ppg with Wieskamp avg'ing just over 11 ppg,

the difference between this year and the last 3 is the team can go 2 deep at each position in experience and height
1 6'0 FR Toussaint backup 6'5 RSSO Connor
2 6'4 RSFR Fredrick backup 6'2 RSSR Evelyn
3 6'6 SO Wieskamp backup 6'8 FR Patrick
4 6'11 JR Garza backup 6'8 RSJR Pemsl
5 7'0 RSSO Nunge backup SR 6'9 Kriener
off the bench
F 6'7 JR Till.
for a total of 11 scholarship players this fall. Fran can now sit a player or 2 if they are not giving 100%, which Moss very rarely did. even Cook took plays off, this was evident in his low rebounding numbers and a high TO rate. getting lazy with his ball handling skill, even with as athletic as he was his shot blocking did not reflect that, in 3 seasons his highest total was 20 and that came in his SO season, 18 blocks came in his SR season.
Garza best came in his FR season when he blocked 32 shots
Nunge's best came in his FR season when he had 25 blocks. in 15.7 mpg vs Cooks 20 in 28 mpg.

good luck with Moss just hope he gives 100% in every game unlike what he did under Fran for his career.

Yeah, I'm sure all that's cool and Iowa fans love that.
Bill Self just likes to win.
That's what Kansas fans like, too.

Good fits, iyam.

Reactions: Jaycg15
using a not winning a BT Chasmpionship in the last 3 season. really who gives a flying F((( as Iowa has not won a BT Championship for close to 40 years.

the last coach to reach the sweet 16 was run off for not winning enough the season when his team reached the sweet 16. Davis had 1 Elite 8 2 Sweet 16's and a 9-0 record in NCAAT 1st rnd games.

this season Fran on paper has the most talent on it since Davis's Elite 8 team and more importantly depth. this season by ESPN 5 Top 100 4* players, 1 4* just outside their top 100 grade 81,

Jordan a ESPN 4* just outside their top 100 is out after hip surgery.

oh by the way this is the BT where these are all on the level of winning the BT Championship
MSU
Michigan
OSU
Purdue
Wisconsin

so winning the BT Championship doesn't mean shit

unlike the B12 that Kansas has won the championship almost every year playing cupcakes.
also stop making BS up about Iowa's SOS as it was 25th and the SOR was #23 rd. by the BPI.

Please don't bring hot garbage and fake facts. It's insulting.

Kansas won a tougher conference with less suck at the bottom in many of their 14 (or whatever) straight.

Just because you bone all over the b1g, doesn't make any of what you're snotting over less true.

ADVERTISEMENT