***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
Archie's philosophy worked at dayton but won't fly in the b1g. They have decent individual pieces but, they don't mesh well as a team.

In all seriousness, I think Galloway will be a solid player. He seems to be a smart player that works his ass off and can defend multiple positions. His shot doesn’t look horrible so there may be some hope by the time he’s an upperclassman he can at least be a threat from deep. If surrounded by the right pieces, I think he will be effective. If not surrounded by the right pieces, I think it can lead to an offense being really bogged down.

In all seriousness, I think Galloway will be a solid player. He seems to be a smart player that works his ass off and can defend multiple positions. His shot doesn’t look horrible so there may be some hope by the time he’s an upperclassman he can at least be a threat from deep. If surrounded by the right pieces, I think he will be effective. If not surrounded by the right pieces, I think it can lead to an offense being really bogged down.
Appreciate it. I think The pieces Archie is bringing in will be just fine. Galloway and Leal (hopefully) are really good four year guys. I’m just hoping we can reel in Lander, now. He’s an important part for Archie.

Archie's philosophy worked at dayton but won't fly in the b1g. They have decent individual pieces but, they don't mesh well as a team.

I don't think they meshed well at times last year, losing 12 of 13 proves that. Its not the easiest thing to bring in a 5 one and done and integrate him, its harder when its your first time doing it. The year before i think they meshed pretty well they just didn't have a ton of talent. To me its still too early to say yay or nay about his philosophy in the B1G.

Reactions: SNU0821
I don’t know you and I’m not your boyfriend but I value your takes infinitely more than the homophobic, likely homosexual, aging frat boy Snu’s dumbassery. Faint praise I know. A while ago Painter decided that he would recruit at least one person in each class that could actually shoot a basketball. While that hasn’t paid off in a national championship (a very difficult proposition) it has resulted in a string of very enjoyable teams to watch and any real basketball fan would agree. I expect that will continue as long as Painter is the coach at Purdue. Good times.

Who is a lot? Hail the ultra sensitive troll? Certainly not you the ultra sensitive IU frat boy knee jerking to any mention of Purdue. The only person here that would ruffle my feathers with an ignore is Kistek. Kistek rocks. You ironically are the king douchebag. I’m going to share my thoughts here at the risk of being called a homo...if you’ve noticed (I’m sure you have since you’re the designated board hall monitor) traffic is down and my guess it is the relentless trolling by the Gang of Four (The Crew?) that has caused the decline. Congrats asshole.

Are you always this hostile or only when you've been drinking?

Lol. Gotta love Purdue fans.
Purdue fans would be singing a different tune if Galloway had committed to Purdue.
went and looked at his Future Cast and Purdue fans had him committing to them at 28 votes to Indiana 14 votes,

its funny how one fan base will brag about a commit the do get but trash the players they get beat out of getting.

Purdue fans would be singing a different tune if Galloway had committed to Purdue.
went and looked at his Future Cast and Purdue fans had him committing to them at 28 votes to Indiana 14 votes,

its funny how one fan base will brag about a commit the do get but trash the players they get beat out of getting.
Yeah those votes were cast before Purdue landed commitments from Ivey or Morton. Purdue didn’t have room for Galloway. It’s a shame the kid had to settle for his 2nd choice.

Yeah those votes were cast before Purdue landed commitments from Ivey or Morton. Purdue didn’t have room for Galloway. It’s a shame the kid had to settle for his 2nd choice.
that or his 1st choice was Indiana and now you claim Purdue didn't have room.

Was Galloway?

No idea.

Not sure why we’re comparing Morton to Galloway in the first place though. Morton will play the point and Galloway will likely be a 2/3. Galloway seems to me like a not-as-good-of-a-shooter Matt McQuaid.

Morton will be responsible for setting up guys like Ivey, Newman, Thompson, Wheeler, and Stefanovich. He won’t likely be asked to be a primary scoring threat at least early on in his career. Plus he’ll back up Nojel for a year too.

No idea.

Not sure why we’re comparing Morton to Galloway in the first place though. Morton will play the point and Galloway will likely be a 2/3. Galloway seems to me like a not-as-good-of-a-shooter Matt McQuaid.

Morton will be responsible for setting up guys like Ivey, Newman, Thompson, Wheeler, and Stefanovich. He won’t likely be asked to be a primary scoring threat at least early on in his career. Plus he’ll back up Nojel for a year too.
And I have no clue why Purdue fans act like he was recruited to be a shooter. Galloway isn’t going to come in and play 20+ minutes a game. He’s going to have time to develop just like your guys. But Galloway is a much better shooter than Morton.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
That iowa workout video you posted RollLaugh

Literally could have passed for a parody workout video.
just looked at it again, don't see any problems with those work outs, lifting weights for strength vs lifting for bulk, and doing sprints to build up endurance..

this BB not FB newly released height and weights
Nunge 7' 255 lbs up from 225 lbs
Garza 6'11 250 lbs up from 240 lbs
Kriener 6'9 255 lbs up from 245 lbs
Patrick 6'8 190 lbs up from 175 lbs shrunk 1 "
Pemsl 6'8 245 lbs dropped to 230 from 265 back to 245 lbs
Till 6'7 200 lbs up from 180 lbs
Wieskamp 6'6 205 lbs up from 200 lbs
Connor 6'5 205 lbs up from 195 lbs
Fredrick 6'3 190 lbs up from 170 lbs shrunk 1"
Evelyn 6'2 190 lbs no change
Toussaint 6' 185 lbs up from 165 lbs grew 1"

massive weight gain was not what these players needed. it was strength and endurance,

this upcoming season Fran has a lineup that goes 2 deep at each position,

some are saying that losing Moss will not be missed as he took plays off and played to soft on defense.

as for Cook he too took plays off and was to careless with the ball shown by having 92 TO's. there were some he played to soft on rebounding and around the rim defense.

the biggest loss was Baer as he was the hustle player that did all the little things [dirty work] that don't show up on the stat sheet.

No idea.

I see Galloway as a cross between Raphael Davis and Dakota Mathias. Program guys and hard nosed defenders.

I see Galloway as a cross between Raphael Davis and Dakota Mathias. Program guys and hard nosed defenders.

I can see that but there’s a decent difference. Neither Davis nor Mathias were known for being defenders coming into college while Galloway is. Far from it actually (especially Davis). I also don’t think Galloway has the offensive abilities of Mathias (at least at this point in time). Mathias was the shooter of that class.

Last edited:
Reactions: theetommyt
I can see that but there’s a decent difference. Neither Davis nor Mathis were known for being defenders coming into college. Far from it actually (especially Davis). I also don’t think Galloway has the offensive abilities of Mathias (at least at this point in time). Mathias was the shooter of that class.
How many times have you seen Galloway play?

How many times have you seen Galloway play?

I’ve watched some highlights. He’s a better defender coming in than Davis/Mathias by a good margin but I don’t think he has the offensive repertoire as Mathias. Davis was simply a guy who’d bully people to get into the lane for layups when he first got to Purdue so I’d give the nod to Galloway over Davis on offense. Don’t think that’s anything earth-shattering.

I’ve watched some highlights. He’s a better defender coming in than Davis/Mathias by a good margin but I don’t think he has the offensive repertoire as Mathias. Davis was simply a guy who’d bully people to get into the lane for layups when he first got to Purdue so I’d give the nod to Galloway over Davis on offense. Don’t think that’s anything earth-shattering.
All that from highlights?

From what I’ve seen, and I’ve actually seen him play of a couple different occasions, he’s better at getting to the rim, better athlete and better defender. Mathias was a better passer and shooter at this point (using what we saw from Mathias his freshman year at Purdue).

Davis is probably a solid comp, especially from a physical profile and the fact that they are essentially set shooters from the perimeter. But Galloway enters college with a much higher defensive floor than Davis did.

Mathias came in as a really polished offensive player and shooter at all levels. DM was a guard all the way; while Galloway and Davis are more wings - even if some people might see that as a distinction without a difference in today's game.

Last edited:
All that from highlights?

From what I’ve seen, and I’ve actually seen him play of a couple different occasions, he’s better at getting to the rim, better athlete and better defender. Mathias was a better passer and shooter at this point (using what we saw from Mathias his freshman year at Purdue).

Don’t disagree with any of that at all. Mathias worked himself into a really good defender but was far from it when he got to Purdue. Same with Ray D.

I can see that but there’s a decent difference. Neither Davis nor Mathias were known for being defenders coming into college while Galloway is. Far from it actually (especially Davis). I also don’t think Galloway has the offensive abilities of Mathias (at least at this point in time). Mathias was the shooter of that class.
Yeah it's why I said cross between them and their eventual roles in college. Galloway is a better athlete than Mathias but not as good of a shooter, but he is an above average shooter where Davis was probably just average.

Yeah it's why I said cross between them and their eventual roles in college. Galloway is a better athlete than Mathias but not as good of a shooter, but he is an above average shooter where Davis was probably just average.
I thought he was a below average shooter? He shot 27% from three (31 for 115) and 58% from the foul line (72 for 125) this season in high school.

Reactions: CardinalBoiler
I thought he was a below average shooter? He shot 27% from three (31 for 115) and 58% from the foul line (72 for 125) this season in high school.
Snow has even gone on record and said that he thinks Galloway’s shooting has gotten worse this past year.

Reactions: otte21
He shot it better the prior two years at 37% and IIRC shot it better this year in AAU as well. I don’t think labeling him below average is correct.

ADVERTISEMENT