***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dumb question but I’m guessing that barring any unexpected injuries, most IU fans will be pretty pissed if you guys miss the tournament? Not that Archie’s seat will be hot but maybe starting to get warm? I’m guessing he gets at least 4 years.

If Archie misses the tournament this next coming season, his seat is going to be fire ass hot going into year 4. He will not get fired until after year 4 regardless of the psycho crazies on IUs free board.

I personally feel this team will "exceed" expectations and have a good year.

Dumb question but I’m guessing that barring any unexpected injuries, most IU fans will be pretty pissed if you guys miss the tournament? Not that Archie’s seat will be hot but maybe starting to get warm? I’m guessing he gets at least 4 years.
Yes. I think it would be a disappointing year if we miss the tournament again. I mentioned this before, but we don't have the money to get rid of him any time soon. So, unrealistic fans would talk about us getting rid of him, but it won't happen. He's here for a while IMO. Not that I'm worried he won't do well (at least not yet).

If Archie misses the tournament this next coming season, his seat is going to be fire ass hot going into year 4. He will not get fired until after year 4 regardless of the psycho crazies on IUs free board.
I think it would be longer than that. I'm guessing like year 6 if he doesn't produce. Isn't his buyout crazy? We just can't keep firing coaches. Plus, as we saw with UM, there aren't a bunch of guaranteed home run type hires out there. And if we run Archie off, who the hell is gonna wanna come in knowing their leash is short as shit?

Either way, I don't think it's anything we're going to have to worry about. I think we'll be just fine with Archie.

I think it would be longer than that. I'm guessing like year 6 if he doesn't produce. Isn't his buyout crazy? We just can't keep firing coaches. Plus, as we saw with UM, there aren't a bunch of guaranteed home run type hires out there. And if we run Archie off, who the hell is gonna wanna come in knowing their leash is short as shit?

Either way, I don't think it's anything we're going to have to worry about. I think we'll be just fine with Archie.
"If IU wants to buyout his contract, IU would owe Miller 100-percent of his remaining salary before March 31, 2022 and 50-percent of his remaining salary any date after that."

He's making $3.35M base, so that could be a sizable buyout.

I don't really think that's gonna come into play though. I'm not sold on this coming season for IU, but I feel like the following year could be a good one and then he'll really get going.

"If IU wants to buyout his contract, IU would owe Miller 100-percent of his remaining salary before March 31, 2022 and 50-percent of his remaining salary any date after that."

Thanks. That's good, IMO. He needs time to bring his own guys in. And I go back to my comment that there's not a bunch of homerun hires just sitting around waiting for jobs to open. Archie will be fine if given the time.

I will be very disappointed if we don't make the tournament this year, and I will pretty much have given up on Archie if that happens. I know he won't be fired after next year regardless.

Reactions: SNU0821

I don't really think that's gonna come into play though. I'm not sold on this coming season for IU, but I feel like the following year could be a good one and then he'll really get going.
With that said, buyouts don't mean much if the coach gets a new job. Buyouts can be spread over 5 years, and if the fired coach signs with a new school, his new contract offsets the buyout. For example, Crean only got 1/5 of his buyout because he signed a contract with Georgia a year after being fired.

Archie would get a new gig quickly.

I will be very disappointed if we don't make the tournament this year, and I will pretty much have given up on Archie if that happens. I know he won't be fired after next year regardless.
Assuming we don't have any injuries, I'm confident we'll make the tournament. Which it's funny, because it seems like Purdue fans don't believe that will happen.

Assuming we don't have any injuries, I'm confident we'll make the tournament. Which it's funny, because it seems like Purdue fans don't believe that will happen.
giphy.gif

Reactions: CardinalBoiler
I see us as closer to a 7/8 seed type, but think we'll be around the bubble.

We lose a lot and will be relying on a lot of unproven young guys.
Good point. I feel a lot better with what the Big Ten lost as a whole though. I think a lot teams will be relying on young guys besides MSU.

I personally think IU and Purdue will both be bubble teams, then be setup very well the following year.
Bubble as in both teams will be in the discussion for first four in or out? I'm thinking both will be just above that and somewhat safely in the tournament, but not great seeds 7-9 type.

Bubble as in both teams will be in the discussion for first four in or out? I'm thinking both will be just above that and somewhat safely in the tournament, but not great seeds 7-9 type.
Yeah pretty much in there -- bubble teams throughout the season that are relatively safe come selection Sunday.

Yeah agree. I see Illinois as a team that takes advantage of the turnover in the conference.
Agree, they seemed to be playing better together towards the end of last year and should only get better. Ive got Purdue pegged as a 5-8 seed type so I’m pretty much there with you.

Yeah pretty much in there -- bubble teams throughout the season that are relatively safe come selection Sunday.
Agreed.

I also really think Illinois is gonna be the sleeper. As @Jaycg15 referenced earlier today, this is a huge season for Underwood. I think he's gonna do pretty well.

Reactions: Jaycg15
With a healthy Hunter, I'm confident we make it. If he can't go, I'm thinking it will be 50/50.

As of now I have Purdue 2nd in my Big Ten standings finish. 2nd best coach in the Big Ten (and a Big gap between 2nd and 3rd), and this will probably be Painter’s most athletic team ever. I expect a top 15 finish on the country.
I just dont see it. I didnt see it last year either though.

I have MSU, OSU, and Maryland as the top 3.

Reactions: KisteK
As of now I have Purdue 2nd in my Big Ten standings finish. 2nd best coach in the Big Ten (and a Big gap between 2nd and 3rd), and this will probably be Painter’s most athletic team ever. I expect a top 15 finish on the country.

giphy.gif

completely agree

Reactions: SNU0821 and klize17

I have MSU, OSU, and Maryland as the top 3.
Painter is far superior to Turge, and OSU is going to relying a lot on Freshman.

I’ll take a ticket for OSU Big Ten Champs 2020-2021 season though.

SNU predictions:
- Archie's first team would make the tourney = wrong
- Archie's second team would make the tourney = wrong
- McBob > Cline = lololol
- IU wouldn't suck ass from 3 = lololol

Some Very Good Takes from resident homer SNU.
Boom ! 9/10 for outing Snumbass on his fanboy predictions.

Painter is far superior to Turge, and OSU is going to relying a lot on Freshman.

I’ll take a ticket for OSU Big Ten Champs 2020-2021 season though.
He may be a better coach, but the other two teams are far more talented... on paper.

He may be a better coach, but the other two teams are far more talented... on paper.
We’ll see. Maryland was more of a toss up but I definitely think they’ll be better than OSU.

I think Purdue has a chance to be elite defensively. Haarms and Eastern will be sick. If you made an argument Maryland will be better than Purdue I could understand your point of view, definitely have more overall talent, like you said, on paper. Maryland for sure has the higher ceiling. I’ll believe it when I see it with them though. Right now, I’d lean the Boilers.

ADVERTISEMENT