***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
He may be a better coach, but the other two teams are far more talented... on paper.

Pretty sure Turge has more often than not had a more talented roster on paper than Painter yet has a losing record against him.

Reactions: MGC_07
My goodness @MGC_07 and Purdue be like...

tenor.gif

We’ll see. Maryland was more of a toss up but I definitely think they’ll be better than OSU.

I think Purdue has a chance to be elite defensively. Haarms and Eastern will be sick. If you made an argument Maryland will be better than Purdue I could understand your point of view, definitely have more overall talent, like you said, on paper. Maryland for sure has the higher ceiling. I’ll believe it when I see it with them though. Right now, I’d lean the Boilers.
OSU returns a very solid core with 3 top 50 players. Wesson should be a conference POY candidate. Maryland returns everyone but Fernando and they have a solid class too.

Outside of Haarms and Eastern, who else does Purdue have that will make them an elite defensive team? Is Wheeler an upgrade defensively on Eifert? He's certainly more athletic, but that doesnt necessarily mean he will be an upgrade on defense.

Reactions: SNU0821
Juwans top targets entering the live period

5* Wing Joshua Christopher
5* Guard Nimari Burnett
Top 50 wing Jabri Abhur-Rahim

Still waiting to identify the big he wants to go after, should be a top 50 guy at a minimum though.
2 and 3 are very possible. Lead for both. First one prob not happening esp if Burnett commits.

OSU returns a very solid core with 3 top 50 players. Wesson should be a conference POY candidate. Maryland returns everyone but Fernando and they have a solid class too.

Outside of Haarms and Eastern, who else does Purdue have that will make them an elite defensive team? Is Wheeler an upgrade defensively on Eifert? He's certainly more athletic, but that doesnt necessarily mean he will be an upgrade on defense.
I think we're going to be a pretty good defensive team next year - not sure I’d say elite, as I’d only consider top 10 KenPom defenses elite - but we’ll be better than last year IMO.

Obviously Nojel and Haarms are already very good defensively and will continue to make strides. Wheeler wasn't a great team defender last year, but has great potential on that end and already had better block and steal numbers last year than Eifert. Hunter was a better defender than Cline and maybe even Carsen by season’s end. Carsen had a knack for jumping passing lanes, but also had a knack for losing his guy.

I obviously don’t think we’re gonna be #2 in the conference, and think we’ll struggle offensively, but agree that defense will be a strength.

Reactions: KisteK and B1G_Fan
Seemed like he was just picking up interest from bigger schools. I assumed he would listen.

Why is KSU a good fit for him?
you do realize they went 14-4 and tied TT for the B12 BB Championship ended up with a 25-9 record and #18 final ranking.

KSU makes perfect sense.

Reactions: KisteK
As of now I have Purdue 2nd in my Big Ten standings finish. 2nd best coach in the Big Ten (and a Big gap between 2nd and 3rd), and this will probably be Painter’s most athletic team ever. I expect a top 15 finish on the country.
Wow...I’m relatively bullish on Purdue, but I see top 20-25 with some upside. Of course, I thought the same thing last year as well, but there is no Carsen this year.

Want to say Purdue will struggle but Painter has been impressive the last 5 years. I’d bet anywhere from 4-6 but could see an 8th place finish with the lose is Edwards and Cline. Indiana I see anywhere from 4-7th. They’ll be more consistent than last year. Play more through the post but Green should be better at the 2 with Phin getting 30+ minutes.

Reactions: SNU0821
Want to say Purdue will struggle but Painter has been impressive the last 5 years. I’d bet anywhere from 4-6 but could see an 8th place finish with the lose is Edwards and Cline. Indiana I see anywhere from 4-7th. They’ll be more consistent than last year. Play more through the post but Green should be better at the 2 with Phin getting 30+ minutes.
I can see anywhere from 2-8 honestly. I’d be really surprised with lower than 6th though. Iu I see anywhere from 5-9.

1) MSU
2) UM
3) Purdue
4) Maryland
5) Wisconsin
6) Iowa
7) OSU
8) Illinois
9) IU
10) Rutgers
11) Nebraska
12) PSU
13) Minny
14) NW
Updated*
1) MSU
2) MD
3) Purdue
4) OSU
5) Illinois
6) Wisc
7) UM
8) IU
9) ?
10) ?
11)?
12) ?
13) ?
14) ?

I don’t see UM dropping that far with Simpson, Teske, and Livers coming back, but we’ll see.
I’d put them at the 4-7 range personally. I could make a list 5 times and it would look 5 different ways, 7 is definitely the lowest I’d put them.

I don't see Purdue that high with their roster either, but coaches.
Yeah, but those three UM have coming back are so solid. I think the true litmus test for Howard will be once he has his own players.

I don't see Purdue that high with their roster either, but coaches.
I might just be a flat out-homer but the more I think about Purdue’s roster the more I like it heading into next year with what everyone else has lost too.

*Zero proven offense
Haarms averaged 9.4 points and shot 63.2% from the floor. He averaged 13 per game over the last 12 games, scoring double figures 9 times. I’d say that’s pretty proven.

ADVERTISEMENT