ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

He averaged 17.1 and 7 this year after averaging 16.9 and 8.3 last season, while shooting a worse percentage this year, and coming up small in most of the biggest games that MSU played this year. He never took the next step in his development. Call that whatever you’d like

Second team All American. B1G championship ring, and his draft stock is about the same. He hit a game winner at the buzzer to beat Purdue..sure he missed shots vs UM in the BTT and against Cuse. That sucked.

I guess we see what we want to see.

I agree in the fact he didn't 'get better'...but he didn't really hurt his stock or get worse.

Reactions: blue_in_chicago
Second team All American. B1G championship ring, and his draft stock is about the same. He hit a game winner at the buzzer to beat Purdue..sure he missed shots vs UM in the BTT and against Cuse. That sucked.

I guess we see what we want to see.

I agree in the fact he didn't 'get better'...but he didn't really hurt his stock or get worse.

About the same or is the same? He went from top 10 projected to outside top ten. I know you went to MSU but that is hurting his draft stock

About the same or is the same? He went from top 10 projected to outside top ten. I know you went to MSU but that is hurting his draft stock

So he went from 8-10 to 10-12?

He also has draft insurance that MSU pays for that makes up for the difference. Not exactly sure how it works or how far he'd have to fall.

It's still all speculation though...I will say with certainty that Bridges would not have fallen past 13 last year...that would have been his lowest possible draft spot. He could fall past 13 this year.

Still we really dont know exactly where he would have gone last year...but if he doesn't go top 13 then he hurt his stock a little bit.

Not sure what the difference is, lets say between going 9 and 13 for your first contract.

I really think we already are but that’s just my opinion.
I'd agree if we'd put the ball in Carsen's hands at PG like Kansas has done with Graham and Mason, but I doubt Painter does that. I think Carsen at PG, Hunter at SG, Nojel at SF, Baldhead at PF, Haarms at C (Cline, Wheeler, Sasha, Williams on bench) is a solid tourney team.

Reactions: SNU0821
I really think we already are but that’s just my opinion.
I'd agree if we'd put the ball in Carsen's hands at PG like Kansas has done with Graham and Mason, but I doubt Painter does that. I think Carsen at PG, Hunter at SG, Nojel at SF, Baldhead at PF, Haarms at C (Cline, Wheeler, Sasha, Williams on bench) is a solid tourney team.
I think Cline will start all year and Hunter come off the bench but agree. I do think Carsen will handle the ball a lot next season though, think it’s best for both the player(his future) and the team.

Reactions: Toast.
Double bonus that the Purdue transfer has 2 years. Great pickup by Painter in an area of need. Put the ball in Carsens hand and get Eastern to the 3/4 spot.

It was nice getting Zeisloft for two years. That second year should be even better than the first.

Reactions: pig1960
if JJ is being slotted as a Lottery Pick can't see him staying. have no clue as to the amount of money a lottery pick makes. but no matter how well his family sits with money, the amount he can make will be to much to turn down.

if JJ is being slotted as a Lottery Pick can't see him staying. have no clue as to the amount of money a lottery pick makes. but no matter how well his family sits with money, the amount he can make will be to much to turn down.

Agreed but it’s about the second contract and JJ will be a guaranteed top 10 pick next year too. Not being mature enough has killed a ton of young prospects career.

Agreed but it’s about the second contract and JJ will be a guaranteed top 10 pick next year too. Not being mature enough has killed a ton of young prospects career.

Sink or swim. Would think he'd learn from Bridges.

He was not projected top ten at all. I didn’t see 1 where he was projected top ten

JJJ needs to leave. Yes, he may be great and stay or slightly help, but the risk is far to big. Especially for a prospect like him gags based off of potential.

Agree carsen needs to be a point and nojel should slide to the 3. Nojel is NOT a pg. Hopefully his mom can get over her ego and see that's not the best spot for him to succeed. He's not a 6'7 pg, he's a wing. It was a neat experiment and painter kept his word and played him at the position he recruited him for. But it was very obvious to anyone watching that he has about zero pg skills. Would make for a really good wing player tho.

Reactions: KisteK
Agreed. Think we have enough pieces to be a 6-9 seed. Nice.

That feels a bit too ambitious. I like the transfer pick up a lot, but Purdue seems to be lacking some pieces. I figured the Boilers were NIT bound yesterday, but now barely in. I don't see any six seed on paper.

question on Cook lets say he leaves his name in the draft and does not sign with a Agent,
now hypothetically he goes undrafted can he still return to college?

Not a terrible decision to test by Ward, but he should come back. I don't even think he gets taken in round two. At the very least he can get feedback on what he needs to improve next year at MSU. I think he will return, just as Mo Wagner did last year (to of course break Nick Ward's ankles).

When is Ethan Happ planning on testing the waters without an agent? Is Wisconsin's program so fawkin pathetic that they won't even encourage him to give it a shot? What does he have to lose at this point?

Bridges had another great season, got to enjoy another year in college, won a conference championship, and now gets to leave for the NBA with the same draft stock he had a year ago. Why the hell does it bother people so much that he came back?

Bridges had another great season, got to enjoy another year in college, won a conference championship, and now gets to leave for the NBA with the same draft stock he had a year ago. Why the hell does it bother people so much that he came back?

It was pretty odd and out of the ordinary. He looked like he took a step back to me. Basically made all B1G due to name only.

When is Ethan Happ planning on testing the waters without an agent? Is Wisconsin's program so fawkin pathetic that they won't even encourage him to give it a shot? What does he have to lose at this point?
this is an odd obsession

MSU couldn't earn a 1 or 2 seed or get past the round of 32 with Izzo's best roster in years and now with a worse roster we are suppose to re-buy into the top 5 hype?

Naw.
No argument for top 5 here, but I think they land somewhere in the 8-15 range.

He lost a year off his NBA career to lose to an 11 seed in the 2nd round. I'm guessing his postseason goals were a bit loftier than missing the Big Ten tournament championship and missing the Sweet 16.

ADVERTISEMENT